Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fencers, why do you hate magic? Just curious, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    quick tip. Buy the insignias they're usually cheaper than making them and then use them and level your crafting through discoveries.
    I never really bought insignias, but usually bought dowels since they were dirt cheap.

Either way, same as WoW, when you're crafting make sure to check all the prices. Sometimes the raw ore might be more or less than the bars or whatnot.

Deleted
    I actually find Thieves and Necros pretty fast. Not sure if they are fastest but they are not bad.
    Note that thieves need to build condition while necros need to build power.

Pros:

1) They both have very good AoE options even if untraited:
    Thieves: caltrops, shortbow, death blossom; also with signet of malice healing the thief a ton with those attacks
    Necros: Axe-3, Well of suffering, life transfer, bone minion(explosion)

2) They both can Nvs1 the hell out of difficult veterans/skill points (utility skills need to be swapped):
    Thieves: ambush trap, thieves guild
    Necros: lol minions

3) They both have 25% speed boost signets to trek over maps, and additional speed boosts
    On top of that, thief is THE best class at completing maps, and completing maps offer a ton of experience

10+ Year Old Account
    just spent about 5g getting arti from 40 somethin to 400 as i couldnt be bothered to set buy orders and i recently got tailoring to 400 as i just felt like it

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic90 View Post
    I actually find Thieves and Necros pretty fast.
    Thief has been fairly quick so far. My dps feels high, my first death was to falling :P, and not much has presented itself as a challenge. Just hit 40, but have completed all 5 starting zones.

Necro was my second(?) 80, so she didn't feel bad at the time but I didn't have powerhouses like warrior to compare it to either. My biggest issue with necro is it seems like you have to choose between burst, condition, or hybrid where you're only doing 60% of the DPS for either. I haven't played her post-patch, but prior to that it's felt like I can either have good single target dps & bad AoE, good AoE & bad single target dps, or mediocre single target & AoE.

Necros are in a really good place now PvP wise which is an indicator that leveling should also be awesome. The main issue necros seemed to suffer from was lack of burning which is now solved + that new condition. The combination of those will probably eat mobs alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Still waiting to see that Necro in a competitive tPvP team. =D
    You missed yesterday's ESL? Nearly all teams are running atleast one necro...

I don't know, I don't really pvp that much anymore myself but the few necros I come across are a real pain since I just can't cleanse conditions fast enough and having two more is a real pain

I think if you run wvwvw you level pretty turn fast....another option is if you have a big purse is to tradskill to cap

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Thief has been fairly quick so far. My dps feels high, my first death was to falling :P, and not much has presented itself as a challenge. Just hit 40, but have completed all 5 starting zones.

Necro was my second(?) 80, so she didn't feel bad at the time but I didn't have powerhouses like warrior to compare it to either. My biggest issue with necro is it seems like you have to choose between burst, condition, or hybrid where you're only doing 60% of the DPS for either. I haven't played her post-patch, but prior to that it's felt like I can either have good single target dps & bad AoE, good AoE & bad single target dps, or mediocre single target & AoE.
    What spec do you level as on your thief if I may ask?

My guardian was my first toon and it certainly felt a lot faster than my necro which is my main now, altho I leveled her like half a year ago. Still, it wasn't that bad really.

Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    What spec do you level as on your thief if I may ask?
    I haven't been using any particular build. I've just been putting points into Critical Strikes, Trickery (Thrill of the Crime), and Deadly Arts. Using a short bow with a sword + pistol weapon swap. She just hit 50 the other day, I haven't really been playing much outside of doing the daily.

Leveling is pretty easy for every class now compared to vanilla. I think hunter and warlock are the fastest leveling classes because they have pets pets really help a lot

Quote Originally Posted by autotrendauto View Post
    Leveling is pretty easy for every class now compared to vanilla. I think hunter and warlock are the fastest leveling classes because they have pets pets really help a lot
    Wrong game

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior #1 just spam 2 on GS

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Druids are the fastest...wait wrong game its barbarian...

Its Gaurdian for me, can take on groups of mobs fairly nicely and have little down time unlike on my thief where I pranced about all over the place to avoid dying.

Warrior and ranger (the latter only around 42 currently) have been much easier to level than my elementalist. In defense of the ele, though, I was a noob and insisted on using staff most of the time, and it was also my first character, so I didn't have the funds/materials to keep gear on level all the time.

If I got to re-do ele as S/D or D/D, it would probably be as quick and easy as the warrior and ranger, but then there's the experience factor involved that skews that.

Also, any class is quick to level if you do as I did and level professions on the toon to 400. I now have a 26 nearly 27 guardian courtesy of leveling cooking and artificer to 400. :P

Deleted
    Personally I'd say heavy and medium. I find the mesmer and ele classes much more difficult compared to classes like warrior, guardian or thief.