Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    They decided that Cata Garrosh isn't good enough in today's standarts even for a raid boss... Pretty safe to assume that BC races will get their turn.

Deleted
    the BE and Dranei are better then the Vanilla ones, but so much worse then the newer goblin/worgen and pandaren.

skipping them over when the new models come would be an huge mistake. so i expect them to be redone also.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodovica View Post
    Yep, they are 'last' on the list. The Vanilla races will receive the updated models first and I guess once they have been received well, they'll work on the Blood Elves and the Draenei.
    [Citation Required]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre View Post
    [Citation Required]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KJDi622X1U

First question.

I don't think they're going to, but I would like to see it.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Deleted
    Think they've said all models except Pandaren, Goblin and Worgen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre View Post
    [Citation Required]
    It's called an opinion. Probably based on an educated guess.

And, geeze.... Do people realise what anally-retentive tryhards they sound like when they talk like that?

Keep it civil please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-06-17 at 12:51 PM.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    Who said they'd be an expansion feature? Considering a single new race takes forever to finish during beta (female pandaren, Worgen), Finishing ten races (male and female), with updated animations and dealing with weapon/armor/mount clipping issues, dances, etc. Seems a bit unrealistic when the art team is also going to have to work on all the new models for creatures/zones/armor/weapons/spells etc.
    Blizzard said it in blue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    Greetings,as asked before do you think these two races will also get updated when / if they do the model update ?

Facts :

-They are not as oudated as the classic ones
    -They are dated compared to the Worgen / Goblin / Pandaren
    -Blood elf females + Draenei females share the same faces ,with the draenei having a stretched version
    -BLizz have said they wish to bring the models to a "pandaren quality" in terms of animations ,textures etc. BE + Draenei are clearly not at that level.
    -Not really sure about the Draenei but the Blood Elves is umh , second played race in the game ? Not sure it would be a good move to not update them also.

What are your thoughts ? Will these 2 be updated or will they be skipped ?

My opinion : They will be updated also.
    It would be the best and especially the only way to stop the fire. What fire you ask? Hooo boy. Once the belf and draenei players see the detail and 2014 quality on the vanilla models, if they don't get that treatment as well, there's going to be rioting in the streets(forums).

So yes, they will get updated as well. Otherwise blizzard HQ will burn to the ground.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes. They are a lot less detailed than pandas. But more than the rest, so they don't need that major updates.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood Elf and Draenei models must be updated also, is pure logic...

And what's more, if Blizzard update the models of the blood elves, they should create own models for the high elves (different animations, different figure, different voices) for not rely on placeholders once and for all (as everything related with the quel'dorei ingame are currently mere placeholders).

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard better update the Belves and Draenei too. I am tired of my Belf's hair going through his freaky pecs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Craakar View Post
    2) It would give Blizzard an excuse to implement high elves without being a straight copy of Blood Elves (if that makes sense)
    They need to be a straight copy to be any realistic.

Hope they don't update Blood Elf and Draenei, they're far from outdated.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 03:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    high elves (different animations, different figure, different voices)
    No. Just different phrases, but keep the same voices and everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think they will be, but they'll be lower priority than the rest.

On the other hand, a lot of people play blood elves so the demand for updated blood elf models should conceivably be higher than, say, trolls.

Implying that Blizzard acknowledges the existence of draenei. Leaving draenei out of things seems to be the standard.

Given they bundle BC races with the Vanilla races now, I think they fully intend to.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Deleted
    Belf female hands....looks like huge badely pixeled sausages...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    Given they bundle BC races with the Vanilla races now, I think they fully intend to.
    Actually, they bundle all the races with Classic now. All BC/Wrath content is included with Classic, as are all the playable races.

Currently, the only thing you don't have access to when buying the base game is the Monk class, the Archaeology profession, the Flight Master's License (old world flying), and the level 80+ content.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doubtful they'll be done right away. And I'm glad for that.

I actually think BElf and Draenei have the best animations of all the races. Both male and female.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I expect they'll be updated, just as a last priority. Hell, one could even argue that worgen/goblin could use some touching up compared to the Pandaren and impending new races. I'd like to think that's why Blizzard "let" the female worgen be such a failure of a model, because they knew they were planning to redo it in a few years anyway.

I'd like to, but I don't.