Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Question Blood Elf + Draenei updated or skipped ?

Greetings,as asked before do you think these two races will also get updated when / if they do the model update ?

Facts :

-They are not as oudated as the classic ones
    -They are dated compared to the Worgen / Goblin / Pandaren
    -Blood elf females + Draenei females share the same faces ,with the draenei having a stretched version
    -BLizz have said they wish to bring the models to a "pandaren quality" in terms of animations ,textures etc. BE + Draenei are clearly not at that level.
    -Not really sure about the Draenei but the Blood Elves is umh , second played race in the game ? Not sure it would be a good move to not update them also.

What are your thoughts ? Will these 2 be updated or will they be skipped ?

My opinion : They will be updated also.

They are pretty outdated so yes.

I think i heard they would be updated sometime after the vanilla models, All that race change money.

Deleted
    I think they will be updated, for 2 reasons:

1) It would rapidly decrease the usage of the Draenei/Blood Elves.

2) It would give Blizzard an excuse to implement high elves without being a straight copy of Blood Elves (if that makes sense)

I'm pretty sure I saw an official post a few months ago stating that they would be updated too. While they're better quality than the vanilla races, they're not nearly as detailed as worgen and goblins are.

Yep, they are 'last' on the list. The Vanilla races will receive the updated models first and I guess once they have been received well, they'll work on the Blood Elves and the Draenei. All rumors though, nothing has been made official yet about any new player model.

Deleted
    I don't think they will leave Draenei/Blood elves out. IMO they are as bad as the vanilla ones.

I was pretty sure they said they were updating them and went on to say not worgen and goblins specifically because their models were higher quality and had more fluid animations.

Deleted
    I don't think they need it as much as other races. Especially dwarves and night elves. Especially the males..

They are outdated and should be done alongside the vanilla models. While they're better looking than the vanilla races they're still outdated by today's standards.

Blizzard said to begin with that the models will be done on a "Which needs it the most basis", which is why they mentioned one of the first races out will be dwarves. In that logic, I imagine that Blood Elves and Draenei are very likely to be done after most of the vanilla races are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    Blizzard said to begin with that the models will be done on a "Which needs it the most basis", which is why they mentioned one of the first races out will be dwarves. In that logic, I imagine that Blood Elves and Draenei are very likely to be done after most of the vanilla races are done.
    If everything is not done at the same time, then they wouldn't serve as a next xpac feature. There is no excuse for not revamping Blood Elves and Draenei, at least not one that is not blizz swimming in cash from race changes.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    If everything is not done at the same time, then they wouldn't serve as a next xpac feature. There is no excuse for not revamping Blood Elves and Draenei, at least not one that is not blizz swimming in cash from race changes.
    Who said they'd be an expansion feature? Considering a single new race takes forever to finish during beta (female pandaren, Worgen), Finishing ten races (male and female), with updated animations and dealing with weapon/armor/mount clipping issues, dances, etc. Seems a bit unrealistic when the art team is also going to have to work on all the new models for creatures/zones/armor/weapons/spells etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should spend some extra resources and update them all at once, so they have more resources available for later expansions to do other things.

I'd love to see updated belf and draenei. Males of both races need it more but they are a huge improvement over vanilla races

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

I think we'll see everything except pandaren updated. yes goblin and worgen are new, but even they are outdated compared to the movements of the pandaren.

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    Who said they'd be an expansion feature? Considering a single new race takes forever to finish during beta (female pandaren, Worgen), Finishing ten races (male and female), with updated animations and dealing with weapon/armor/mount clipping issues, dances, etc. Seems a bit unrealistic when the art team is also going to have to work on all the new models for creatures/zones/armor/weapons/spells etc.
    Well first off from a business standpoint, having new player models be an expansion feature would be a good way to draw players in. Also, do you have any idea how long they've worked on the new models to this date? I'm not saying I do, but I'd wager they're already well into it.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    As far as I know only the Pandaren will not be updated, so even Goblins and Worgen will get an update. They'll simply do the "old" races first, then TBC and then Cata, the latter ones also need the least updating but their models are still old and dated compared to pandaren.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Well first off from a business standpoint, having new player models be an expansion feature would be a good way to draw players in. Also, do you have any idea how long they've worked on the new models to this date? I'm not saying I do, but I'd wager they're already well into it.
    It probably won't be an expansion feature either way, as they'll be made available to everybody regardless of expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It probably won't be an expansion feature either way, as they'll be made available to everybody regardless of expansion.
    Right, my bad. I meant they'd be released along with an expansion/the content patch that goes with it.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL