Need some advice for being the victim of a scamm.

I have bought game cards a few times through the game. I've never had a problem until recently. Recently I purchased game time and paid the guy in full for it. I entered the code and it was accepted. A few days later my account was frozen (due to lack of funds). I'm not going to name and shame anyone: although I want to, and have screen shots to prove it.

I opened up a ticket to Blizzard and the ticket was removed. It doesn't even show up on my archive tickets. I still have the record of submitting the ticket from my e-mail. I sent them screen shots of the conversations between the both of us and shots of the transaction itself. The guys is still playing so they didn't even suspend him.I opened another ticket explaining the issue again and asking why my ticket was removed.

Has anyone been through something similar and have any advice to give. I'm not to worried about the 20K gold as I don't think I'll ever get it back, but would like to see scammers like this one held accountable.

This is an 'Unsupported Transaction' by Blizzard. Blizzard will not help you get your gold back, nor will they help you in any way. It's the same as if you'd bought arena rating. Technically, Blizzard could action your account, but more often than not, they'll simply not respond.

The only decent advice anybody can give is not to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone correct me if im wrong, but i think that buying months with gold is actually against the rules. So basically by you providing evidence of you doing the transactions, you actually just made the situation worse for you.

You just got lucky in the past, but you're not a victim here.You broke the ToS agreement by buying gametime for gold and that's all there is to it.In my opinion, you deserved it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, buying game card codes with gold is against the TOS, so Blizzard probably won't help you regardless. Kind of weird that the ticket would disappear entirely though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Kind of weird that the ticket would disappear entirely though.
    I'm more inclined to think, that this is actually a "nice" gesture by the support. Since he was doing something against the ToS and openly admitted to it via the ticket ... if they reacted to it, they would probably have to punish him for it by doing so. Instead of doing that however they simply deleted and ignored it. So I'm pretty sure the support deleting it, was their way of doing him a favor in this case and circumventing the internal guidelines.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitond View Post
    I have bought game cards a few times through the game. I've never had a problem until recently. Recently I purchased game time and paid the guy in full for it. I entered the code and it was accepted. A few days later my account was frozen (due to lack of funds). I'm not going to name and shame anyone: although I want to, and have screen shots to prove it.

I opened up a ticket to Blizzard and the ticket was removed. It doesn't even show up on my archive tickets. I still have the record of submitting the ticket from my e-mail. I sent them screen shots of the conversations between the both of us and shots of the transaction itself. The guys is still playing so they didn't even suspend him.I opened another ticket explaining the issue again and asking why my ticket was removed.

Has anyone been through something similar and have any advice to give. I'm not to worried about the 20K gold as I don't think I'll ever get it back, but would like to see scammers like this one held accountable.

How about we start with the people that support this stuff so they can do it.

Meaning we start with you.

Deleted
    surprised that Blizzard have not out right banned you for purchasing game time which is classed as a real life item, for in game gold which is a virtual currency.

There is nothing you can do, your gold is gone. Learn from it.

Im surprised they didnt ban your account, technically you are a gold seller.

I guess the bigger question in all this is why you can't pay for time legally? Your parents must have a credit card that you can use or get time cards from a store. If none of that is possible maybe it's time to look at similar free games like Rift.

See the ★★ Attention: Virtual Property Scams! ★★ post on Blizzard's customer support forum. It contains this snippet, which seems to apply to you:

Blizzard does not recognize any purported transfers of virtual property executed outside of the Game, or the purported sale, gift or trade in the “real world” of anything that appears or originates in the Game. Accordingly, you may not sell in-game items or currency for “real” money, or exchange those items or currency for value outside of the Game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.

Yeah sure some advice is don't violate terms of service and then send in a ticket. You should be grateful whomever answered the ticket deleted it rather than ban your account. My advice is use your head next time and don't do something stupid and against TOS.

Seriously ? 20k for a gametimecard and you are wondering that there might go something wrong ? That's like begging to get scammed.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You should let this problem go, don't contact them again, you have broke the rules, and if you push it, they may just ban out, You should be careful, and like, don't break the rules, don't enforce behaviour like this by buying/selling gold either

10+ Year Old Account
    People are scum. Trusting anyone but yourself is a liability. Never purchase from anyone you don't know IRL or long time from in game. He bought a card cause he needed gold. Sold you the card for gold. Then cancelled the transaction on his credit card. He bought gold and you got screwed. Never trust sales from random players.

10+ Year Old Account
    the old wow community would have ran the person that ripped you off out of town.thats one big difference i noticed over the years,people are not shun-ed like they were in the past.

all i can tell you is dont buy time from people you do not know.or at the very least dont pay in full until you see the full time credited to your account.

So you, who has been scamming Blizz regularly, breaking their rules, now expect them to help you because someone scammed you. I think the polite response is you are lucky you are not banned.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 06:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    the old wow community would have ran the person that ripped you off out of town.thats one big difference i noticed over the years,people are not shun-ed like they were in the past.

all i can tell you is dont buy time from people you do not know.or at the very least dont pay in full until you see the full time credited to your account.
    The old wow community was more likely to have ridden OP out of town for cheating and encouraging gold sellers. He is not an innocent little victim but someone who has repeatedly broken the rules and now it has turned round and bitten him in the butt.

Deleted
    Before you light your torches to burn the scammer...may I remind you theres 99.99% chances that the guy got hacked by the scammer so in the end the real account owner is just another victim?

Thats how gold-sellers work and it makes sense if the OP says he is still playing( i believe Blizzard went lightly with the OP but I really doubt they would have done the same thing the scammer if this was no a hacked account).

Oh and by the way....
    Switf of the spectral tiger TCG card (the physical item) called.Said:"Buying gold is against the ToS only when Blizzard dont get his piece of the pie." and then hung...

Really strange call ....im still wondering whats the meaning....

hey all.
    just a quick note. i had a very similar thing happen to me in DDO. it is not against the rules but they do not advise or support trades done as such.
    it makes no sense to make it against the rules to do trades like that. if people agree on something then that is the agreement and regardless on virutal or real that should be stuck to.
    having said that, i believe that the scammer should be punished. in my case the guy scammed quite a few people. so because DDO does not punish 1 person they stand to lose many players. I went from absolute addict to leaving the game because of the lack of response from their support (I am a very firm believer in customer support, its how i run my company and how i expect others to run theirs). So now i take my money elsewhere. Whatever the ToS or EULA say, the games should still take actions against scammers.

it would be far easier for the different MMOs to make ingame systems that will allow codes to be traded for goods. the reason that people do the trades is because they cant afford the codes, but they can afford time to make money ingame.

just a thought.