Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    Legendaries quit being legends when 10 mans were able to get them. Thank Firelands for the fall of legendaries.
    Yeah at less than half the speed lol. What a stupid thing to say. No legendary has ever required a single heroic kill, so clearly legendaries have never been about the difficulty of the bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    The grind is getting nerfed next patch with drop rates increased and T14 drops being added to T15 LFR, and the total badges to grind lowered. Until we see the rest of the chain we wont know how long in total it will take. With Blizzard nerfing all the grind in this last patch it is possible that they are trying to make it doable before the next expansion. So much for an all expansion grind, its on par with keeping up on the raids so that you dont have to go and farm old content to do the new content while the late comers get to skip stuff and catch up.
    The drops aren't the problem. The rep is. Alot of lfr players haven't got the rep to progress it.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Not to mention people stop playing. Alot of players will keep playing even after they have killed hellscream to get there legendary weapon. As on other last tiers people kill the last boss then cancel there accounts till the next expainsion. The legendary is a way to keep people playing the teir for longer. My account sure as hell would have already been canceled till next teir if it wasn't for the legendary. I only log on for Tuesday to do the titanrune stone drop bosses in lfr then log off for the rest of the week.
    If people would quit this game after the effort Blizzard have put into MoP (IMO it's the best expansion they've ever done, MoP is absolutely amazing) just because their weapon (or whatever slot it happens to be) pixel is purple instead of orange then Blizzard should just shut down the WoW servers. It would be a truly ruinous day when people basically openly admitted that they raiding for loot and loot was their only motivator.

The drops aren't the problem. The rep is. Alot of lfr players haven't got the rep to progress it.
    If you're too lazy to farm exalted Black Price (takes 3 hours in Isle of Thunder) then you don't deserve the legendary. Simple as. AFKing in LFR should not be a way to getting orange pixels, no matter how much money is paid to Blizzard each month.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yeah at less than half the speed lol. What a stupid thing to say. No legendary has ever required a single heroic kill, so clearly legendaries have never been about the difficulty of the bosses.
    KJ was the biggest walkover ever it seems. Let's ignore that prior to the 30% nerf patch only about 100~ guilds were able to kill M'uru. EVERYONE killed KJ. Yes. Totally.
    Last edited by Floopa; 2013-06-18 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    surely hope not, also make the final piece drop from heroic only last true boss. hope they dont fuck up the final boss of the expansion at least
    Legendary items have never been heroic only to my knowledge, just gained faster.

Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    The 23k dps hunter will recieve his legendary, don't worry.
    No he won't, he won't even get the meta gem. Pretty sure you need far more dps to beat the scenario for that.

Anyway:
    I think lfr people should get whatever item is at the end of the chain. It started that way and should finish that way.
    Not everyone will be running around with a legendary regardless at least till the very end of the expac. Only 3 or so of my friends have even just finished the 5.1 quest as of now.

Id think it be fair if Blizz just implemented different versions of the legendary per difficulty. Or make you get a weapon from that difficulty and upgrade it into a legendary. Who's to say Blizz won't implement another legendary quest next patch, as in. Continue Wrathion's chain finishing with a legendary cloak/gem or something and make a completely new chain that can be started immediately that grants a weapon at the end of it that's flex/normal and above?

In the end Blizzard is probably gonna lock the lfr parts when 5.4 first comes out and normal/heroic will finish faster regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSteveBrule View Post
    Happened to Epics, it will happen to Legendaries.

Legendaries now just means "quest chain item."

That's all it is now if they add it to LFR. A high ilvl item that's tied to a tedious quest chain.
    Before they were super covetted items that were obtained via raiding and killing tough bosses.
    Now you can slap your dick on your keyboard and get almost anything you want.
    Casual4lyfe™
    See, that's what you still fail to understand. Loot color never meant anything more than as an easier way to distinguish higher item level gear during a particular expansion. Someone else's gear has no impact on what you're able to do in-game. You pay for server access, nothing more.

Well I havent kept up with the quest so I am not sure of all the details. I said fuck it when I had to kill mogu outside of a raid despite killing the big guys on normal(PuG) to get rep. It will still require time no doubt about that, but it looks like the developers are not going to keep it an expansion long grind. Those who have been playing from the start and want the legendary will for sure be able to complete it without having to befriend anyone let alone be in a guild.

I started gearing my Shaman 3 weeks ago from scratch. Did nothing but LFR, dungeons, scenarios. No grinding rep, not a single daily. She's currently over halfway to revered with Black Prince and I've just started the 3,000 VP quest. So I think by the time that's done I'll either be Revered (which is all you need for the 5.1 leg of the legendary chain) or damn close to it. Worst case scenario I go grind some mobs for 20 minutes or so.

There's just so many ways to get this rep you hardly even notice it fly by.

Yes but it will probably be a weaker version than Normal / Heroic. Blizzard has already stated that they aren't looking to change the way getting gear in LFR works this expansion. Maybe it will be different next expansion though.

So in a way I think you can say we will be able to get a "real legendary" but if you are talking in terms of power it will probably not be the most powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Yes but it will probably be a weaker version than Normal / Heroic.

So in a way I think you can say we will be able to get a "real legendary" but if you are talking in terms of power it will probably not be the most powerful.
    Like the meta. Right? Or the cloaks?

Don't be dumb. If they add retarded RPPMs to the legendary items then maybe they can have "stronger power" (like Rune/Vision etc). Otherwise this is ridiculous to even assume.

Face it, Blizzard aren't going to disappoint the LFR crowd. The tears and bitching would be astronomical. The only hope I'm clinging to is that they've managed to piss off all of the 12 year old idiot Warlocks who think KJC on live is "balanced" (hint: it is absurdly overpowered).

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    KJ was the biggest walkover ever it seems. Let's ignore that prior to the 30% nerf patch only about 100~ guilds were able to kill M'uru. EVERYONE killed KJ. Yes. Totally.
    Why are we still talking about legendaries from TBC as if that's relevant?

In TBC the difficulty of getting a legendary was entirely due to the horrible inaccessibility of raiding in the first place, the broken bosses, and the fact that the only thing you had to do to get them was pray for good RNG on the drop (and that your raid decided to give the weapon to you and not the other rogue/warrior/hunter/etc). In short, it wasn't difficulty so much as bullshit that stopped most people getting them. When raiding was so inconvenient hardly anyone had the time to commit to do it, it gave the impression the content was hard simply because it was rare...

In Wrath and Cata when they finally figured out ways to make raiding accessible for more than a tiny handful of people they instead gated them behind long quest chains you had to complete. Again not really gated on difficulty, more on effort put in this time.

In TBC the difficulty of getting a legendary was entirely due to the horrible inaccessibility of raiding in the first place, the broken bosses, and the fact that the only thing you had to do to get them was pray for good RNG on the drop (and that your raid decided to give the weapon to you and not the other rogue/warrior/hunter/etc). In short, it wasn't difficulty so much as bullshit that stopped most people getting them. When raiding was so inconvenient hardly anyone had the time to commit to do it, it gave the impression the content was hard simply because it was rare...

In Wrath and Cata when they finally figured out ways to make raiding accessible for more than a tiny handful of people they instead gated them behind long quest chains you had to complete. Again not really gated on difficulty, more on effort put in this time.
    TBC bosses (if we exclude Vashj) were hard, not broken.

Deleted
    I really hope it's a weapon! That's all I hope for, because this was the longest Legendary Quest so far in WoW and if it doesn't reward a legendary Weapon I'm gonna be pissed. Orange gems don't count as a legendary.

What you're failing to understand is that killing a boss(es), including the final boss with a traditional raid group is what Blizzard deemed adequate for a legendary in the past. Yes, all you had to do was step into the raid every week and wait for rng to get a legendary. That's because you were already able to kill those bosses, you've already met the difficulty requirements to obtain a legendary. This is not the case anymore in MoP, there are no difficulty requirements.

Deleted
    TBC bosses (if we exclude Vashj) were hard, not broken.
    They were broken because they were over tuned. I can make a Hogger boss who only has white attacks that deal 50 DPS and has about 10 trillion HP and set a 10 minute berserk timer and call it hard, because that's what TBC bosses were. Hard bosses are the ones where you have to use your brain most of the time and adapt to the situations. Classic and TBC raids were easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    They were broken because they were over tuned. I can make a Hogger boss who only has white attacks that deal 50 DPS and has about 10 trillion HP and set a 10 minute berserk timer and call it hard, because that's what TBC bosses were. Hard bosses are the ones where you have to use your brain most of the time and adapt to the situations. Classic and TBC raids were easy.
    M'uru was overtuned? Maybe if your tanks sucked, but that's a player issue. Was offensive dispelling too hard? How was M'uru overtuned when guilds were able to kill it? Again, this goes back to "some people are better than you, get over it".

Huge hyperbole, that is also wrong.

TBC bosses were difficult due in part to a lack of tools in the raid. The actual required DPS/HPS/whatever was quite low relative to the ceilings possible at the time.

TBC bosses were also difficult, because they were designed around a balanced raid setup, because classes were far less homogenized than they are now (I'm not saying this is a good or bad thing, before you start) so unique abilities like Rallying Cry, Smoke Bomb, Revival, that you use these days were far, FAR harder to come across alternatives. Azgalor as an example required soulstone or revive rotations on people who died from Doom. Illidan's Shear essentially required a warrior because shield block was the only ability of it's kind then.

The TBC bosses were good, and hard in their unique way. You are dumbing them down out of either bitterness or a lack of understanding. Why mask what is essentially a correct viewpoint, that current tier bosses are well designed and difficult, which is good, by bashing past iterations? It's asinine and childish.

Also, no amount of mechanical design will make low tuned bosses hard. LFR is inherently tuned low, so it will never be hard to the point were anyone who is trying will struggle.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 02:10 AM ----------

M'uru was overtuned? Maybe if your tanks sucked, but that's a player issue. Was offensive dispelling too hard? How was M'uru overtuned when guilds were able to kill it? Again, this goes back to "some people are better than you, get over it".
    To add to this, M'uru WAS overtuned. ONE guild killed it before a nerf. Having a passive aura that pushed back spells, in a fight in which you HAD to stack resto shaman for chain heal created situations that were unhealable with an unlucky pushback.

The fight following this change was probably the best tuned fight in history, but was also highly setup dependant. It could never be done again.

Deleted
    It wasn't as complex fight when it comes to abilities, so in my book it doesn't make it hard. And you can't compare people to guilds, I was able to handle everything I had to, but if you don't have the people who can do the same you can't beat the encounter. Not everyone wants to be in a world 1st guild, some stick to guilds because of the social aspect, not bragging rights.

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    Because how will they feel fulfilled, sitting at the AH on their challenge mode mount in their challenge mode armor with their legendary weapon, if someone from LFR can get it too?
    i think the answer to that is , who gives a flying ducks fuck what they feel? certainly not me and im sure many millions of others.
    If there is players out there that get all green eyed over someone else's achievements they need to go and crawl back under the rock they came from under. Heck how do people cope when there is a millions + people out in the world better than them if thats how they get in game.

It wasn't as complex fight when it comes to abilities, so in my book it doesn't make it hard. And you can't compare people to guilds, I was able to handle everything I had to, but if you don't have the people who can do the same you can't beat the encounter. Not everyone wants to be in a world 1st guild, some stick to guilds because of the social aspect, not bragging rights.
    That's true. Everyone in Method hate one another. They're only sticking around so that they can link WoWprogress in /2 and not because they enjoy the game.

Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    i think the answer to that is , who gives a flying ducks fuck what they feel? certainly not me and im sure many millions of others.
    If there is players out there that get all green eyed over someone else's achievements they need to go and crawl back under the rock they came from under. Heck how do people cope when there is a millions + people out in the world better than them if thats how they get in game.
    So you would be fine removing loot from LFR? I mean after all, if people get green eyed over someone's loot/achievements it must mean they're socially inept. The argument works both ways, don't be stupid on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Haxlax View Post
    Is something legendary if half the server runs around with it?
    What the fuck does legendary have to do with percentages or quantity? lol seriously...who gave birth to such stupidity?!?