Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    x
    Did you quote the wrong post? I'm all for LFR raiders getting their legendary. They've been doing the same exact work to get it as I have been as a heroic raider. They collected the same low drop rates, they did the same solo quests, they did the same battlegrounds for Wrathion.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Effort is making a guild, setting up raids, showing up on raid nights, wiping over and over to learn the bosses then clearing regular and working on clearing heroics.
    No effort is clicking que on a menu and being guaranteed to kill every boss even if you afk.
    And for that you receive exclusive thunderforged gear. People who only do LFR have zero chance of getting anything thunderforged. As has been said many times, this legendary is a reward for the time invested in this expansion. It may not have been that way in previous expansions, but that is how it works now. Enjoy your thunderforged gear and deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    That doesn't change anything with regard to rarity which I'm understanding is really important to some people.
    Well I don't care so much about rarity.
    I care about getting the most powerful items in the game just for logging on and doing LFR which is 100% guaranteed clear of every boss.
    Last edited by lockedout; 2013-06-17 at 09:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tussi View Post
    Did you quote the wrong post? I'm all for LFR raiders getting their legendary. They've been doing the same exact work to get it as I have been as a heroic raider. They collected the same low drop rates, they did the same solo quests, they did the same battlegrounds for Wrathion.
    Yes I did! I am dumb. Fixing.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Sills View Post
    And for that you receive exclusive thunderforged gear. People who only do LFR have zero chance of getting anything thunderforged. As has been said many times, this legendary is a reward for the time invested in this expansion. It may not have been that way in previous expansions, but that is how it works now. Enjoy your thunderforged gear and deal with it.
    LFR players can upgrade there LFR gear can't they?

LFR players can upgrade there LFR gear can't they?
    Yes but only heroic players can upgrade heroic thunderforged gear. There is clearly a difference between upgrading gear and thunderforged.

I'd put money on that LFR will still get a legendary (weapon or whatever the final item will be) and Flex/Normal/Heroic will get an improved version.
    Zhulrak
    Kil'jaeden-US

why should they spoil it for all the people who are putting in the effort every week?
    If by effort you mean opening a menu clicking "que" and then being guaranteed to kill every boss as long as you can stay awake during LFR.

If they make it even 1/2 as difficult as the warlock green fire quest then almost no LFR players will be able to complete it and that would be counter productive.
    It would rule out having to run normal/heroic and separate those who AFK/bot in LFR as you pointed out as issues.
    First and foremost, I think you're begging the question about the AFKing. Almost without exception, the people I see AFKing in LFR are normal/heroic mode raiders
    My experience has shown otherwise.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-06-17 at 09:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhulrak View Post
    I'd put money on that LFR will still get a legendary (weapon or whatever the final item will be) and Flex/Normal/Heroic will get an improved version.
    I am absolutely, 100% in favour of LFR raiders being able to complete the chain with whatever the final legendary reward is, but I think this would be a good compromise and is entirely possible. I also suspect the final stages will be completed faster if done on heroic, as in the past.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    the last part should become normal/heroic mode only.
    though they could add it too flex raiding also, and not too LFR.
    however prequest like collecting and stuff should remain part of LFR , so everyone can atleast experience it almost too the end.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wow so many whingy raiders mad that people are getting legendaries. I did the same grind you guys did getting it, I deserve that legendary as much as you. Not an epic. Not a weaker Ilvl version. The same as you. I want it, I did my LFR every week for the bits and pieces of it and I've done the solo instances for that cloak and gem. You're not standing at the top of a godless mountain glaring down at all the insects that do LFR, demanding they get less than you. Big deal you've done some raid and think only you should get a legendary. Why? Why do you deserve it more? What in me getting it really impacts you? I can't wait to get it and go around like I'm cool because I have a legendary. Hell I might even get it before some of you normal and heroic raiders because you have terrible RNG or something. Then I will gloat at every single one of you. How's that gonna feel? To see someone act better than you for no reason? Your tears will be delicious.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Deleted
    Thread: Will running LFR grant you a REAL legendary in 5.4?
    Hate to burst your bubble but none of the legendarys are REAL

OT: I think if its a weapon the LFR one will be a lower iLvl then the others.

Deleted
    Not all legendaries in the past have been hard to obtain; many were entirely luck-based. Compared to those, I'd say this expansion's is far "harder" to get.

And with "time consuming," there is no contest for this one. No other legendary in the game has come even close to being as time consuming as this one, as it will take three tiers of raiding to complete.

RNG is still a factor, skill is still a factor (as you still have solo tasks you must achieve), and time and effort is definitely a factor since you have to be dedicated to raid regularly for a very extended amount of time.

As far as rarity, yeah, this one might be more common (although maybe; I don't honestly know how many casual people are that invested in the chain -- we could all just be inflating the amount), but it still has every other factor working for it. And rarity, even if you think its the most important factor, is still not the only factor, otherwise they've be downgrading the old legendaries that everyone has (like TF) to epic.

And frankly I think it would be real dickish on Blizzard's part to let LFR raiders complete the chain all the way to the end and then say LOL NEVERMIND! when it comes to the final reward.
    Well, don't forget that you had to clear T4, T5 and T6 and then had a shot on Illidan or Kil'jaiden. I really don't think that solo scenarios you have to do are test of skill. And I didn't mean LFR raiders only. This includes normal and heroic raiders too. I don't know, I like some things to be rare in game. Legendaries were one of them.

I am absolutely, 100% in favour of LFR raiders being able to complete the chain with whatever the final legendary reward is, but I think this would be a good compromise and is entirely possible. I also suspect the final stages will be completed faster if done on heroic, as in the past.
    I agree with this. You have to make sure that the people who have put in the time during LFRs and the solo content can still get a legendary reward at the end. Providing a more powerful reward for those who choose to do flex/normal/heroic in 5.4 would be probably the best way to compromise. LFRers get what they have been working towards and raiders get something more powerful to reflect their efforts.

Deleted
    Of course it will be available for only-LFR-players. Now if they should have allowed the legendary quest to take place in LFR to begin with is another question.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Wow so many whingy raiders mad that people are getting legendaries. I did the same grind you guys did getting it,
    Really you wiped for a few days on one boss in LFR before you could kill it?

This reminds me of my cousins Tee ball team.
    There is no score at any of the games, both sides go home winners regardless and at the end of the season EVERY player gets a legendary, I mean trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhulrak View Post
    Just to add I would think something where the last quest requires an item from Garrosh, and the item would be tagged with either LFR/Flex/Normal/Heroic and the higher difficulty you got the item with, the better the legendary. Then if say you had first gotten an LFR weapon, and later defeated Garrosh on Normal, you could trade the old weapon and the quest item to get an upgraded weapon. Who knows if they'll do something like that but I think it would solve the issue of LFR getting an equally powerful item then that of people who raid on higher difficulties.
    Zhulrak
    Kil'jaeden-US

Really you wiped for a few days on one boss in LFR before you could kill it?

This reminds me of my cousins Tee ball team.
    There is no score at any of the games, both sides go home winners regardless and at the end of the season EVERY player gets a legendary, I mean trophy.
    This is like saying A-Rod would give a damn about what goes on in tee-ball leagues.

Ilvl of normal/heroic raiders is higher than lfr raiders. One legendary weapon (assuming it's a weapon) changes nothing in that equation. You could give that tee-ball team the biggest trophies on earth and it would not carry anywhere near the prestige of even just being on a major-league baseball team, even if you're a benchwarmer.

Are you really saying you'd look at an LFR raider's gear, see the legendary, and feel like your normal/heroic efforts have been invalidated ? When the rest of their gear has "Raid Finder" on it while yours has either no tag or "Heroic" ?

I see other posters in the Warlock section with their full-heroic-geared characters and there is not enough toast in the world for how jelly I am in my full normal-mode gear (minus my LFR UVOLS which is 3rd BIS behind only the normal and heroic versions of itself). I can't imagine Sparkuggz from Method is going to see my normal-mode Warlock sporting a legendary and question why he puts forth the effort to raid heroic modes. He's too busy enjoying him and his guild's accomplishments to care. In fact he makes posts that help out even us lowly non-heroic raiders.

If the best guild in the world doesn't care what non-heroic raiders do/get, why do you ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    Well, don't forget that you had to clear T4, T5 and T6 and then had a shot on Illidan or Kil'jaiden. I really don't think that solo scenarios you have to do are test of skill. And I didn't mean LFR raiders only. This includes normal and heroic raiders too. I don't know, I like some things to be rare in game. Legendaries were one of them.
    As much as we like to tell ourselves that all of us who raided in BC were super pro, the fights were not that hard then. I was in a casual raid doing only about six hours a week with a number of "dead weight" people in the group, and we downed Illidan (saw a Warglaive drop on our first or second kill, too). We were working on Twins in Sunwell when Wrath dropped. It can't possibly have been as hard as our memories like to tell us if that is the case.

As far as the current scenarios, I will concede they're not much of a test of skill but they are a test of effort. That said, I hear the cloak one is a bit tough (I'm still on Runestones myself). But they're still enough of an effort, in conjunction with the dedication required to queue regularly for months and months and months, that I think the reward should be available for LFR raiders. Despite the fact the bosses die a lot easier, it still seems like way more work overall than, for comparison, the warglaive my casual raid got in Burning Crusade, which felt like pure luck.

| twitch | bsky
    |