Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    The TBC bosses were good, and hard in their unique way. You are dumbing them down out of either bitterness or a lack of understanding. Why mask what is essentially a correct viewpoint, that current tier bosses are well designed and difficult, which is good, by bashing past iterations? It's asinine and childish.
    Probably because I'm tired of people saying those raids were hard and today's aren't. I don't remember all the mechanics that well anymore, but I am certain I didn't have to be on alert for everything like I am today. Some bosses yes, but most were very straight forward when you understood what's going on.

The quests so far have been based on gathering (apart from the Sha kill) I dont see why a legendary thats been obtained in such a way should be less available for LFR raiders, the difference will be the time it take you to get it. If you raid normal/heroics you already complete the quest faster (if you do LFR in addition to normal). the overall effort put into complete the quests is the same for both tier of raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    Probably because I'm tired of people saying those raids were hard and today's aren't. I don't remember all the mechanics that well anymore, but I am certain I didn't have to be on alert for everything like I am today. Some bosses yes, but most were very straight forward when you understood what's going on.
    ToT is harder than anything this game has ever thrown at the player base (minus Mimiron heroic and yogg-0 IMO) but that's only if you're using heroic mode as the basis for comparison. Normal and LFR are easier than anything in WotLK/Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with giving LFR players legendary items, legendaries come with lore and content to go along with them and I wouldn't mind if LFR players got to do things like the Black Prince scenario and such.

I would prefer it though if the power of said legendaries were scaled based on particular raid milestones that you had access to.

Example:

1. Complete the collection quest
    2. Kill X final Boss to get X final item like usual
    3. If X final Boss was killed in LFR, give lesser power legendary, if normal, give full power legendary
    4. If player with lesser power legendary kills X final boss normal in the future, he is rewarded with an upgrade to a full power legendary

Examples of lesser power vs. full power VS. possible/unlikely full heroic clear power:
    - 250 stats gem VS. 500 stats gem VS. 600 stats gem
    - 10 stacks Capacitance meta gem VS. 5 stacks Capacitance meta gem VS. 4 stacks Capacitance meta gem
    - 549 cloak VS. 590 cloak VS. 600 cloak (I think 600 cloak by default is a tad extreme lol)

This means that:
    - legendary power is more appropriate to level of progression
    - all players experience content

There could be a possibility to give full clear heroic players an even better version but it would only be useful for farm and pushing next tier a little faster.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it will. They can't back out of what they've designed this whole expansion around. Gear is such a small point in WoW, but that tiny point is the driving force of the treadmill we're all on. I find other people getting legendary gear a small issue, if my guild is happy just doing what it does, I'm happy enough as it is.

The debate on immersion and exclusivity is beaten to death though. I guess at the end of the day, if everyone is legendary, no one is.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    That's true. Everyone in Method hate one another. They're only sticking around so that they can link WoWprogress in /2 and not because they enjoy the game.

Seriously?
    World First Guilds have to have that synergy indeed, all I'm saying is I wouldn't throw away what I have at the moment (the guild I'm in) for faster clearings of heroics.

So you would be fine removing loot from LFR? I mean after all, if people get green eyed over someone's loot/achievements it must mean they're socially inept. The argument works both ways, don't be stupid on purpose.
    Ok so how many threads do you see on a weekly basis from casuals that run LFR that turn into a complete cock because someone has better gear than them. There is a difference in wanting that better loot (by joining pugs or a raiding guild) than others wanting it removed completely just because they feel the need to piss on others from a great height just becuase they want to feel 'special'. And also, who said anything about removing anything from LFR?!? I was clearly referring to the so called person that is sitting at AH not feeling fullfilled because everyone else has it too in the post i quoted, did you not read nor comprehend the whole post?
    What was that about being stupid again?
    Last edited by BatteredSausage; 2013-06-18 at 01:29 AM.

Deleted
    ToT is harder than anything this game has ever thrown at the player base (minus Mimiron heroic and yogg-0 IMO) but that's only if you're using heroic mode as the basis for comparison. Normal and LFR are easier than anything in WotLK/Cata.
    Well Heroics are what matters when it comes to difficulty since WotLK's HardModes, so yeah, it's all about Heroic content. Although, WotLK's Naxx, really? That was way too easy.

Well Heroics are what matters when it comes to difficulty since WotLK's HardModes, so yeah, it's all about Heroic content. Although, WotLK's Naxx, really? That was way too easy.
    Indeed, and ToT normal is still easier.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    Ok so how many threads do you see on a weekly basis from casuals that run LFR that turn into a complete cock because someone has better gear than them. There is a difference in wanting that better loot (by joining pugs or a raiding guild) than others wanting it removed completely just because they feel the need to piss on others from a great height just becuase they want to feel 'special'. And also, who said anything about removing anything from LFR?!? I was clearly referring to the so called person that is sitting at AH not feeling fullfilled because everyone else has it too in the post i quoted, did you not read nor comprehend the whole post?
    What was that about being stupid again?
    All I'm reading here is "you broke down my argument and I'm trying really hard to insult you but I'm failing." It's okay junior, daddy's home. Run along and play with your lego. Try not to swallow any this time. *hug*

They have said that LFR will hand out the same legendaries as normals and hcs. However seeing Blizzard's recent negative attitude towards LFR it seems likely that at the very least the ilvl of LFR legendaries will be much lower than the normal ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...They've already stated MULTIPLE times that LFR will give you progression on the legendary quest even in 5.4. So yes -- Everyone is getting a legendary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    They have said that LFR will hand out the same legendaries as normals and hcs. However seeing Blizzard's recent negative attitude towards LFR it seems likely that at the very least the ilvl of LFR legendaries will be much lower than the normal ones.

It could go either way. The first few rewards (sha gem, extra socket, meta) were as good from lfr, but the original theory behind the design would be they were slotted in items that were of lesser power if you just did lfr you would only have the lfr item, they were just enhance the item and not the full no item themself. The cloak of course is a completely different story. So if its an actual item reward... I don't see it as being different. If its a case of 'use this item and it will uprade your item 8 item levels, make it legendary and give it a proc' then the reward will probably be different based on what level you play at, since if its used to upgrade an LFR item it could very well have reduced proc rates just like the current RPPM trinkets have lower chances at lower item levels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    ...They've already stated MULTIPLE times that LFR will give you progression on the legendary quest even in 5.4. So yes -- Everyone is getting a legendary.
    Indeed, I don't really see a problem with it since it's a very long quest chain anyway.

Yes it will.

Why shouldn't it? I grinded out the sigils, valor, secrets, and runestones just like all the rest of you.

In fact, as an LFR tank, I probably did more work than some scrub who gets pugged to a guild group.

Although, WotLK's Naxx, really? That was way too easy.
    Heh we can say it was easy and it is fairly simple but do you think an LFR group could clear Naxx 2.0 and its raid wipe like mechanics? Just further separates the difference between normal mode and LFR. One person not doing their job is all it takes to fuck over a normal mode group, LFR is designed to be successful with griefers in mind. Even an ToC group could wipe on the first boss if one player fucked up. A lot of "casuals" want WotLK back and yet they seem to forget that still a minority raided.

I usually never get the Legendary in my guild but it's sad to see Legendaries get demoted this expansion into nothing more than a welfare item.

Oh well.

Also, can't wait for all the QQ threads of LFR Heroes bitching about drops rates or difficulty of a boss in the quest chain or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    What do you think, will we have an orange-fest with every LFR-veteran running with a legendary soon? Or will they keep the legendary exclusive to normals/heroics?
    Well seeing as how LFR players haven't been barred from any of the legendary items or gear, I doubt they would all of the sudden make the last legendary piece barred from LFR, that would be kind of messed up actually since we've been teased with progressively better legendary pieces the entire expansion so far.

But Normal/Heroic raiders will absolutely get a head start because more likely than not, they'll gate LFR like they've done.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSteveBrule View Post
    I usually never get the Legendary in my guild but it's sad to see Legendaries get demoted this expansion into nothing more than a welfare item.

Oh well.

Also, can't wait for all the QQ threads of LFR Heroes bitching about drops rates or difficulty of a boss in the quest chain or something.
    Final quest should be:
    "Defeat Hexos in the Brawler's Guild."

Would be glorious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Final quest should be:
    "Defeat Hexos in the Brawler's Guild."

Would be glorious.
    The tears would re-fill the Vale.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I don't see how that would be a workable solution... Lets say a player has grinded his way to the 5.4 legendary via heroic raid content and then completes it in LFR, what version of the legendary would he get ? You could say the same about someone who has grinded their legendary via a mix of all raid difficulties (like I have).... What version would they get ?

If someone completed the legendary quest chain in LFR but then later met the requirements for the heroic version, what would happen with that ? Would they just be stuck with the LFR version forever ? Would they somehow be able to upgrade their legendary ?

I just don't see there being a workable solution to all the permutations.

The only challenging parts of the legendary chain have been the solo scenario's (some will disagree they were challenging). The rest of the legendary chain has just been a grind with a bit of RNG thrown in with the secrets of the empire and runestones etc (not really any different to the Molten Core legendaries in that respect). A person heroic modes hasn't really had it any harder than the person who does it on LFR.... Most will still have been getting a lot of their quest items on normal or RF difficulty because most wont have killed heroic lei shen for quite a long time after they picked up their titan runestone quest for example.