Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Farming multiple legendarys with alt raids and lots of logistics vs clicking 1 button and go watch tv ?
    Yes, such a time commitment, by 5.4, watch, it'll be 2k valor and 10 / 6 stones to collect...
    Just because some people AFK in LFR doesn't mean everyone does. I've been doing LFR since implementation and I almost never see people AFK. The few that I have seen get kicked quickly. It's not necessary to punish all the LFR players because a tiny fraction of them AFK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

I think it should be LFR only... :smug:

Can you imagine the tears?

Deleted
    Oh wow, I can't believe the amount of rage there is around this. So first things first - yes, people will be able to finish the quest through LFR and most likely get the same item as flexi/normal/heroic. That's how it's been thus far and that's the only approach that makes sense from this point on.

Thinking that the old legendaries were hard to get or in any way exclusive to good players just shows a complete lack of understanding of how they actually worked. Either you're looking at them through rose tinted glasses or weren't in a position where you could get them at the time and thus see them as such.

Some background information so you know where I'm coming from: I only played wow during classic and BC, pretty casual in classic, raided hardcore in BC with Last Resort.

Legendaries in Vanilla:

Thunderfury - everyone and their dogs did MC at ANY given point in vanilla, it was just a matter of luck if you got the bindings to drop or not, you could do garr and geddon with 15 good people and 25 afkers. Then it was just a matter of gathering the mats (often bought with gold from guild bank) and killing a ridiculously easy boss.

Sulfuras - RNG again, and also from a boss everyone killed anyway.

Atiesh - probably the only somewhat hard to get legendary in vanilla as many guilds quit raiding after BC was announced, but individual skill still not being a factor in any way or shape. We had a LOT of terrible players and still managed to get two of them, on two terrible players no less.

Legendaries in TBC:

Now we get to the good part - the glaives. At this point I was raiding with Last Resort and got the world second kill of Illidan. 56 kills later (yeah.) I still only had the offhand glaive and saw everyone and their mother running around with the set. Was this annoying? Well of course, but not because of the items themselves. The glaives were a HUGE dps increase and sunwell plateau progression was a completely different beast with them. I personally couldn't care less if johnny two shoes had the set or not, when you're a hardcore player items are only the means to an end - early kills. As long as legendaries don't get in the way of a proper race, then I have absolutely no problem with them being given to LFR players as well.

Thori'dal was RNG as well, but I was perfectly fine with it. It dropped from the last boss in the expansion, it was inconsequencial to the progress.

LFR players having legendaries won't change a thing for people competing for the first kills, that's why they are the ones that don't care. People whining are the ones who care more about the "exclusivity" than the item itself, which in my opinion is just senseless. I wouldn't have cared if everyone and their dogs had the glaives back then, as long as everyone got them at the same time. Gear won't make you a better player, and if you're a good player you don't mind everyone else having the same gear, because you know you'll still shine no matter what. People who put as much effort into the game as world first guilds do only care about getting through the hardest challenge the game has to offer and the glory of being the first on doing so, no one puts that kind of dedication into the game for the items.

In this legendary quest everyone is putting the same time and effort into it (you're not raiding normal or heroic for the legendary drops, they just happen to be present in all difficulties and you can just do LFR as well if you're so inclined), so yes, everyone deserves to have the same payback, no matter what difficulty they are playing on. SoO will likely be the last instance in the expansion, so making the last reward for the legendary questline RNG is completely fine as long as you aren't able to complete it before the race is done.
    I would still prefer something like having a quest item drop from each of the bosses and you needing say 5-6 full runs to get the required amount. Hardcore guilds would be able to get them slightly earlier, while still allowing everyone to get them a few weeks later.

If you're still playing WoW for the items, I think you might just be missing the point of the game. See them as a means to an end and not the contrary. I can understand enjoying the game for the challenge, the community or the lore, but not for items. I probably rambled quite a bit, but I hope I got my point across.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    Could just make the items only drop on normal/heroic, as they do now, to each player individually. Or, make the LFR legendary items marked as 'LFR' and reward a lesser version of the final legendary product etc.

Plenty of ways to solve it.
    You're really adamant about this whole "THEY CAN'T HAVE THE SAME AS ME, THEY JUST CAN'T" why does it bother you, for them obtaining the same legendary than you did ? Does it hurt your soul to see someone else being able to accomplish something that you did ? Really ?

just make the lgendary reward of LFR ilevel and make it upgradable with items from normal and heroic garrosh to their respective ilevels? everyone gets legendary for the content they were capable of doing, LFRs are happy they got legendary, HC raiders are happy, since they got better legendary for their effort, win?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    just make the lgendary reward of LFR ilevel and make it upgradable with items from normal and heroic garrosh to their respective ilevels? everyone gets legendary for the content they were capable of doing, LFRs are happy they got legendary, HC raiders are happy, since they got better legendary for their effort, win?
    Why is there a need for the distinction though? normal and HC raiders get better items in every other slot, having the same legendary is not going to ruin anyone's epeen. Besides, if SoO is indeed the last PvE content we see in MOP, then it doesn't matter either way.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Why ?

Anyone who has gotten the legendary through LFR put in more time on the effort than any of the previous legendaries required, especially the random drop ones.

Ewh no, just no. LFR is not even raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Noite View Post
    Why is there a need for the distinction though? normal and HC raiders get better items in every other slot, having the same legendary is not going to ruin anyone's epeen. Besides, if SoO is indeed the last PvE content we see in MOP, then it doesn't matter either way.
    If the legendary is a weapon then I guarantee you the 'extra' item levels from heroic gear wont even come close to the 'extra dps' you gain from having a legendary weapon. C'mon, don't be silly. Someone with a full 502 gear but 2 549 weapons is going to do a hell of lot more DPS than someone with full 549 gear but 502 weapons. Weapons provide the biggest upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    the legendary will hands down be heroic only... there's no logical reason to make it anything different. If they make it available in LFR, then that just means that blizzard doesn't care about hardcore raiders. Legendaries are legendary for a reason... if everyone ran around with one, what would make them so legendary?
    They've let you do and get everything in lfr so far they're not going to make it heroic only now lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    If the legendary is a weapon then I guarantee you the 'extra' item levels from heroic gear wont even come close to the 'extra dps' you gain from having a legendary weapon. C'mon, don't be silly. Someone with a full 502 gear but 2 549 weapons is going to do a hell of lot more DPS than someone with full 549 gear but 502 weapons. Weapons provide the biggest upgrade.
    I'm not discussing the impact that getting it will have, I'm just saying it won't matter for heroic raiders if people who run LFR have the exact same legendary as they do. I'm not comparing heroic gear without legendary vs LFR gear with legendary, that'd be silly.

Why do you care what other people get anyways?

Thought it was datamined that it's going to be a legendary weapon enchants that has a special proc from the start of MOP. So it's probably going to go on a weapon from the raid difficulty you are running.. I highly doubt a LFR only use will end up with same weapon as an heroic raider at the end of the tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Why do you care what other people get anyways?
    I know personally, as a heroic raider, I don't necessary care what people get exactly. I hope people get items for doing stuff.

But there's a high level issue of rewards not requiring a certain level of effort, and that level is slowly sinking as time passes. People wonder why they get bored of this game, especially at a casual level.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsimp View Post
    I think it should be LFR only... :smug:

Can you imagine the tears?
    Annoying for sure but there are already a lot of raiders running LFR. It would really just make raiding require all that more time investment to make it even more casual unfriendly.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-06-19 at 06:34 PM.

Legendaries nowdays are not even worth being called legendary...
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/97457-scissors is not a sword... or at least thats what my mom told me when I was 6.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Honnycorns View Post
    Legendaries nowdays are not even worth being called legendary...
    inorite?

Remember back in the best expansion there ever was and all you had to do was roll 00 and BAM! legendary!

Now you have to do all this stuff, for months and months.

Legendaries are supposed to be BAM! legendary! for lucky people not these grinds anyone who plays day after day can do.

it would be a joke if people could obtain a legendary item through lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    Though is it the only legendary you can obtain by logging in, pressing one button to queue from a capital city and then autoattacking each boss. Yes sometimes you may get kicked for just autoattacking but lately I've seen so, so many do just that.

Any legendary obtainable by afk/autoattacking means is not really a legendary and any fun, as you know that even if you put in the effort to kill bosses on normal or heroic, some LFR player who can just autoattack or do 50k dps, can get better luck than you and complete it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Farming multiple legendarys with alt raids and lots of logistics vs clicking 1 button and go watch tv ?
    Yes, such a time commitment, by 5.4, watch, it'll be 2k valor and 10 / 6 stones to collect...
    So much hyperbole here it's barely worth responding to.

Who are these people that afk through an entire LFR ? They don't exist. Every LFR I've done, anyone who afked a boss got votekicked. You're making up villains that don't exist because you oppose a theoretical situation that simply does not happen except in possibly like 1% of the LFR population. Even in LFR there are maybe 3 fights you can get by with literally just autoattacking without either dying or the boss moving and you standing there doing nothing.

And you folks are acting like no one ever derped their way to a legendary before MoP. I know folks who got Dragonwrath and FotF by basically being carried to them. How is that any different than the situations you're describing ? It's not.

And even if these non-existent (or at worst, tiny amounts of) people somehow manage to "afk" or "watch tv" to a legendary, how in the hell does that affect you ? Give me an objective way it impedes upon you. Give me one solid reason. Something other than "it invalidates it" because that is highly subjective and doesn't apply to me or to many other posters here, so that sentiment has more to do with you than with objective reality. Give me an objective reason it makes what you do with your guild less valuable. Does it lower your ilvl ? Does it make their ilvl equal yours ? Are their LFR kills on the front page of MMO-C or WoWProgress, ahead of your normal/heroic kills ? Give me one reason.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Simply tired of people who think they are something special just because they do normal or heroic raiding. They get items with levels we LFR people just can dream of, raid achievements and special mounts - enough reward for them. Not?

Quote Originally Posted by grdn View Post
    Simply tired of people who think they are something special just because they do normal or heroic raiding. They get items with levels we LFR people just can dream of, raid achievements and special mounts - enough reward for them. Not?
    They also get recipe drops.

They also get crafting mats we can only buy at the AH.

They also get the content sooner.

So, to recap:

We get to:

1) See a watered down version of the encounters
    2) See The Lore
    3) Lower iLvl items
    4) Wait weeks before we can get all of the content accessible to us

They get:

1) The full versions of the encounters
    2) Achievements
    3) Mounts
    4) Higher ilvl items
    5) All of the content accessible at least within 2 weeks
    6) Crafting Mats
    7) Recipes
    8) Special versions of gear with even more power
    9) More gold
    10) Titles
    11) Achievements
    12) Possibly even feats of strength
    13) Sometimes extra bosses

But no! We get waaaay too much! Because 1% of the group can play poorly! SO HORRIBLE!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    So much hyperbole here it's barely worth responding to.

Who are these people that afk through an entire LFR ? They don't exist. Every LFR I've done, anyone who afked a boss got votekicked.
    There's also the matter of the around two thousand mobs you have to kill to earn exalted with The Black Prince. How do you kill two thousand mobs while AFK?

It's less grinding than you need for a bone white raptor mount (more mobs, less health). Maybe you should have to grind a bone white raptor, and then instead of learning it, give it to Wrathion. Would that be grindy enough? Would it be legendary enough?

---------- Post added 2013-06-19 at 02:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    But no! We get waaaay too much! Because 1% of the group can play poorly! SO HORRIBLE!
    Well, it's more like 5%. "There's one in every group" basically.

But it's true. LFR is almost completely made up of people who are quietly trying, some of them doing very well and some not so well. And then there's that one asshole in every group who makes it seem like a toilet.