Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Probably, but it doesn't matter. We've all done so much shit to get this far, and i'm sure we'll have a nice quest like the dagger / dragonwrath ones to obtain it, that shit players can't do.

Deleted
    Yes

10char

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    They also get recipe drops.

They also get crafting mats we can only buy at the AH.

They also get the content sooner.

So, to recap:

We get to:

1) See a watered down version of the encounters
    2) See The Lore
    3) Lower iLvl items
    4) Wait weeks before we can get all of the content accessible to us

They get:

1) The full versions of the encounters
    2) Achievements
    3) Mounts
    4) Higher ilvl items
    5) All of the content accessible at least within 2 weeks
    6) Crafting Mats
    7) Recipes
    8) Special versions of gear with even more power
    9) More gold
    10) Titles
    11) Achievements
    12) Possibly even feats of strength
    13) Sometimes extra bosses

But no! We get waaaay too much! Because 1% of the group can play poorly! SO HORRIBLE!
    LOL you remind me of those infomercials where they do things sloppily on purpose and compare it to the bright and shiny new thing they're trying to sell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Right now, running LFR doesn't even "grant" you the 600 cloak, you have to be good enough to complete the solo boss fight, and THAT'S the hard part, not grinding the components.
    The solo part was hard? I think it took me 5 minutes. You just can't be braindead. Although granted, most of LFR ARE braindead.

Deleted
    i do hope so. i think it would look pretty cool running around with a LFR legendary, while standing next to all those raiders with the same item. we have all done the chain quest, we should all get the item. end of.

I'm definitely not against people getting it from doing just LFR, if anything they deserve it more in some way for doing the absolute utter torture that is LFR for so so many months to get items that far less benefit out of than people who do normal/heroic.

But from my point of view i would definitely enjoy that the normal, or mainly heroic raiders, that are clearing all of the content get it faster, i don't think thats too hard a leap considering LFR->Heroic is pretty large difficulty gap and also considering that a lot of raiders just quit after you clear the final tier of an expansion on heroic and if you are one of those there is a fair chance you probably wont even finish this legendary quest line, which i feel is the greatest shame of this whole legendary quest line.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    They also get recipe drops.

They also get crafting mats we can only buy at the AH.

They also get the content sooner.

So, to recap:

We get to:

1) See a watered down version of the encounters
    2) See The Lore
    3) Lower iLvl items
    4) Wait weeks before we can get all of the content accessible to us

They get:

1) The full versions of the encounters
    2) Achievements
    3) Mounts
    4) Higher ilvl items
    5) All of the content accessible at least within 2 weeks
    6) Crafting Mats
    7) Recipes
    8) Special versions of gear with even more power
    9) More gold
    10) Titles
    11) Achievements
    12) Possibly even feats of strength
    13) Sometimes extra bosses

But no! We get waaaay too much! Because 1% of the group can play poorly! SO HORRIBLE!
    Yeah, because you're playing dumbed down versions of a raid. I thought that's obvious you're going to get minimal reward. I still think it's too much - if you just want to see the content, what's the point of the gear on LFR?

Even though, I still think letting LFR-players do all the quests and at the end just saying "okay, we're done with you, from that point on, only true raiders can continue" would be a major douchebag-move. Let them have it, whatever, they kinda earned it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    Even though, I still think letting LFR-players do all the quests and at the end just saying "okay, we're done with you, from that point on, only true raiders can continue" would be a major douchebag-move. Let them have it, whatever, they kinda earned it.
    Seriously, that would be like if someone killed Illidan for the first time and there it was, BAM, Warglaive! and everyone was like yo dude only true raiders who have rolled on this for the past year can have it. Because rolling 20 on a 20-sided die requires true raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Yes, all you needed was "luck" to kill Illidan or Kil'jaeden consistently when they were current. Those bosses and the ones preceding them were definitely as easy as LFR is now.
    I love this, because every HC boss that has come after TBC that everyone thinks was such an awesome raiding xpack because of dificulty is dreaming every end HC boss after TBC has been harder than TBC because of the complexity increases in the fights, the amount of abbilities and technology that has been added every time. Every expantion brings out Harder HC end fights (in DS I would not say Deathwing was so hard but I think Spine was real good).

OT: If they did the grind and can kill the solo bosses who gives anyone the right taking away their hard earned orange pixel, get over yourselfs its a game let everyone enjoy it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    Yeah, because you're playing dumbed down versions of a raid. I thought that's obvious you're going to get minimal reward. I still think it's too much - if you just want to see the content, what's the point of the gear on LFR?
    It seems like there's a population of vocal players, you for example, who are unable to accept/understand some fundamentals about LFR.

Like, for one thing, if someone runs LFR more than once, it's not "to see the content."

Basically, you don't know/understand/acknowledge/accept what LFR is. But whatever you're polite so good tidings and all that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Honnycorns View Post
    Legendaries nowdays are not even worth being called legendary...
    And they never where or ever will be - your daughter writting you her first letter THAT is legendary....

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigPapi View Post
    Yes, a 1000x yes. people who rely solely on LFR to see content in this game are so entitled its ruining the game and the community(well worse than it was).
    No its people who CLAIM to be HC Raider l33t snowflake are the problem that is ruining the wow community cause the majority of lfr raiders gives a shit about forums... all special snowflakes gone that cry so hard about lfr/flying/whatever ruining the game gone and wow will be a much happier place!

You can hate it or like YES LFR Raider will get the same Legendary as HC Snowflakes.
    tbh either you give legendary to all or ONLY to people who do a HC ONLY Boss in the first month it went live.
    (but if the later would be the case all the lfr haters/claiming to be hc raiders would drown the vale with their tears...)

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    It seems like there's a population of vocal players, you for example, who are unable to accept/understand some fundamentals about LFR.

Like, for one thing, if someone runs LFR more than once, it's not "to see the content."

Basically, you don't know/understand/acknowledge/accept what LFR is. But whatever you're polite so good tidings and all that.
    Well, that's the funny thing, I know that LFR is not to "see the content" for 90% (I just took that percentage out of my rear) of people running it. That's just one of the most commonly used argument of people that try to justify LFR existing in the first place, so I wanted to use it in a kind of sarcastic way. Sarcasm doesn't really go along well with writing though, my mistake. :P But whatever, as I said, I don't really mind about LFR. I just don't like people complaining about how they don't get enough stuff while running it.

Of course LFR in 5.4 will be part of upgrading the 600 cloak to legendary status. It's silly to think that LFR has been part of the entire quest chain so far and then suddenly it won' be?

it will happen

that's how legendaries work these days

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    it will happen

that's how legendaries work these days
    Yeah, and it's no problem. It's the magnitude, length and time that goes into this questline that is the legendary part of it. The rewards are just yummy flavour.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Yeah, and it's no problem. It's the magnitude, length and time that goes into this questline that is the legendary part of it. The rewards are just yummy flavour.
    Subbing for 12 months and AFKing all that time should net you a legendary then?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The cloak is finished just like the rest of the phases of the legendary. 5.4 will be about weapons as Blizz has previously stated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathion
    My work is not quite finished. This cloak will grant you the power of the celestials. Very soon we will be able to augment your cloak with my own formidable draconic powers. Continue to aid your allies in the war effort. I will contact you shortly!
    Don't worry. Everyone will get legendary cloak. Hopefully it will come with new cloak model too.

Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    We have gotten legendaries, just no legendary gear left.
    At this point, I don't see why not, getting a legendary doesn't have to be difficult, just time consuming. It fits WoW's design philosophy to do so and even if you do run purely normal/heroics, it doesn't affect you in any way if someone who just runs LFR gets a legendary.
    Ofcourse it affects everyone. Value (personal and cultural value?) will drop. When everyone is a legend then being a legend is worth less. Maybe in your opinion it doesn't affect you but you can't say it doesn't affect anyone else.

But anyway. I have a feeling you will be able to get one through LFR.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2013-06-20 at 01:38 PM.

I'm expecting a legendary weapon enchant. Don't believe they will give us any item the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeozordon View Post
    I love this, because every HC boss that has come after TBC that everyone thinks was such an awesome raiding xpack because of dificulty is dreaming every end HC boss after TBC has been harder than TBC because of the complexity increases in the fights, the amount of abbilities and technology that has been added every time. Every expantion brings out Harder HC end fights (in DS I would not say Deathwing was so hard but I think Spine was real good).

OT: If they did the grind and can kill the solo bosses who gives anyone the right taking away their hard earned orange pixel, get over yourselfs its a game let everyone enjoy it.
    And people are not enjoying it anymore because of things like LFR giving away legendaries like candy. But those people are the minority right? So who gives a shit.

Telling someone to let you enjoy something while taking away their enjoyment, very nice.