Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I want you to look at that eyeball-corruption ridden model that was on the front page and tell me Garrosh will be in full control of himself at that point.
    We don't need to. Kosak just did.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    What if Garrosh becomes an Old God himself at the end?
    Then I lost what hope I had in Metzen

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    How does a meat-head warrior with no magical ability "control" the Sha/Y'shaarj/etc like that?

Does he headbutt it into submission?
    Easily. By already agreeing with what the Sha/Y'Shaarj would have him do anyhow.

I mean seriously, what are they going to do to him? The guy is already genocidal, oppressive, desires to take Azeroth for only him and his followers and yadayadayada.

He's already at the same level of morality as the Old Gods, and has more or less the same goals as one. There's pretty much no reason to try and corrupt him further. Unless Y'Shaarj wanted to make him less competent by destroying his sanity.

How does a meat-head warrior with no magical ability "control" the Sha/Y'shaarj/etc like that?

Force of will, and ignorance. No room in his mind for entertaining any notion that does not jive with his views. There is no inner-conflict within him. There is no moral equivalency. Every fiber of his being is dedicated wholly to his belief set.

Notice how in Cata Thrall was almost quite literally torn apart by his emotions, despite being one of the most powerful (in terms of control of the elements, inner-strength / self-discipline / willpower) mortals on the planet.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickmagnus View Post
    Illidan has been effected by many types of demonic magic but he remained in control, it seems Garrosh's situation is quite similar.
    They are both still corrupted by power. I don't really understand the argument.

Deleted
    Yea, not corrupted at all, the sheer LOOK of his body twisted tells us he is corrupted.
    IT dosent matter what does he think he is doing. He is corrupted. Maybe the old god isnt in control of him but he is corrupted. Not by an old god perhaps, but by the lust for power.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    What if Garrosh becomes an Old God himself at the end?
    Wouldn't that make him a new God then?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hah! I told you I f'ing told you nanananananan

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad writing. (confirmed)
    Look! Words!

Yes. I hope there's a scene of this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre View Post
    Ga'rosh, an old god with a resemblance to a giant brain.

Oh, the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Theatre View Post
    Maybe?

I mostly wonder if he's going to get Y'Shaarj's knowledge and Old Godly cunning from the whole arrangement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Bad writing. (confirmed)
    No it's not bad writing. You're lying. It's good writing. Garrosh was already corrupt before he touched the Heart.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Garrosh FTW!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Force of will, and ignorance. No room in his mind for entertaining any notion that does not jive with his views. There is no inner-conflict within him. There is no moral equivalency. Every fiber of his being is dedicated wholly to his belief set.

Notice how in Cata Thrall was almost quite literally torn apart by his emotions, despite being one of the most powerful (in terms of control of the elements, inner-strength / self-discipline / willpower) mortals on the planet.
    Looking at the Garrosh fight itself in the Dungeon Journal, I think *we* might be responsible for the final push. We seem to fight incarnations of doubt and fear and despair. Might be we at the same time purge Garrosh himself (providing of course he hasn't been doing so already in some way).

Though Garrosh hasn't always been this... determined. In fact, for a long time he was very malleable indeed. Seems he's finally decided to make a stand, though for worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Yea, not corrupted at all, the sheer LOOK of his body twisted tells us he is corrupted.
    IT dosent matter what does he think he is doing. He is corrupted. Maybe the old god isnt in control of him but he is corrupted. Not by an old god perhaps, but by the lust for power.
    God, Blizzard out outright tells you he's not corrupted by them, and you go, "NOPE STILL CORRUPTED BY [insert something else here] LALALALALA!"

Seriously -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    I totally called it 6 months ago:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Maybe he's like Majin Vegeta. His will is too strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Acissathar View Post
    I might be reading too much into it, but it says he's using the Sha as a weapon. The Sha is only a part of Y'shaarj, not the full power of the Old God himself. It's possible Garrosh is using the Sha of Pride but then as the fight goes on Y'shaarj is able to use the infusion with the Sha to take control of Garrosh as a mortal vessel.
    I don't think it is like that at all. I think Garrosh is literally being used as the womb for the rebirth of Y'Shaarj. It may be possible that he THINKS he can control the power but he's playing with fire and it will burn him.
    Last edited by delus; 2013-06-17 at 07:58 PM.

Deleted
    The sheer ignorance of some posters drives me insane, Dave Kosak tells you he is using it, not the other way round.

Some idiots still crawl out of the holes and scream "SHIET HES CORRUPTED" This is just to much to take.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    God, Blizzard out outright tells you he's not corrupted by them, and you go, "NOPE STILL CORRUPTED BY [insert something else here] LALALALALA!"

Seriously -.-
    Dude, this is an Old God. Or at least a manifestation of it. It's only purpose is to corrupt. Youcant use its power without it corrupting you, mentally or visually. That is canon and a tweet by Kosak cant change it. Else we would have Old godmancers as a new class or something, wich use old god power for their own use.