Can u Raid Normal... cross realm

Just returned recently too wow after a 2½ year break. and so much happen. tested yesterday that i could party, and quest with all my battletag friends, which is great since we are spread out, but i couldnt find any answer about raiding.

What i want is too raid 10man with another guild on another server(im on a pve and they are on a pvp) We are 3 real ID friends, but the rest will maybe be other ppl from guild which isnt real id friend. and maybe pugs if we cant find the among of ppl we need.

So is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Just returned recently too wow after a 2½ year break. and so much happen. tested yesterday that i could party, and quest with all my battletag friends, which is great since we are spread out, but i couldnt find any answer about raiding.

What i want is too raid 10man with another guild on another server(im on a pve and they are on a pvp) We are 3 real ID friends, but the rest will maybe be other ppl from guild which isnt real id friend. and maybe pugs if we cant find the among of ppl we need.

So is it possible?
    actually its still not possible to do this, but for the 5.4 i think that with the new feature of virtual realms, it will be possible to raid with realms affiled with your realm. im not sure about this at 100% may be someone can enlighten more about this

No cross-realm Normal mode raiding for current tier. Previous tiers, sure.

Next patch (5.4) will introduce a new difficulty (between LFR and Normal) that you can do cross realm for current tier.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

10+ Year Old Account
    You can in virtual realms, apparently, for any difficulty.
    And all realm via Flex.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Sounds Great.... Raiding the difficulty between RF and normal should be entertaining

10+ Year Old Account

So is it possible?
    You can raid anything, except the latest tier, in cross realm..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

You can't do the most current tier available; everything else is fair game. As of 5.4, you will be able to run ToT normal, but not Siege.

So basicly, it will be like this, that you can never raid the current top tier raid. It is because of world first race and stuff like that??? Or have they mention another reason why they are doing it like this??

Not current tier, but you should be able to IMO.

From a guild logistics stand point, it makes no sense. Also, guilds doing raids are literally the last fragment of any type of "community" we have left in the game. I don't see why it should be destroyed when the majority of people wanting this are the ones Flex raiding is targeted at.

10+ Year Old Account
    So basicly, it will be like this, that you can never raid the current top tier raid. It is because of world first race and stuff like that??? Or have they mention another reason why they are doing it like this??
    5.4 brings a few complications which have all been listed in various posts but to summarize all of them:

1. In 5.4 a virtual realm system will be created which will tie realms together into some sort of larger realm. No one yet knows how big these will be or what realms will be fused together. However, when that's done, the virtual realm will act exactly as a single realm does now for raiding.

2. In 5.4 a new raid diffculty (flex) will be introduced which will be harder than LFR but less difficult than normal. This specific difficulty will be cross-realm for all tiers.

3. Normal/Heroic raiding will stay exactly like it is now with no cross-realm raiding allowed on current tier. Previous tiers will be OK.

4. LFR will continue pretty much as is.

Allowing cross-realm normal/heroic raiding on current tier would likely have some consequences unintended or otherwise on the current raiding/guild scene. I think they've been very careful about that. Once virtual realms are in, you may see that attitude on Blizzard's part change somewhat but it will happen over time. If the virtual realms are really large enough, it may not really matter. Allowing this on current tier right now would certainly be the equivalent of tossing a large rock into a quiet pond in terms of ripples for guilds. That's probably not something you want to do midway through an expansion. Although it's fair to say that for some guilds virtual realms will change the way they recruit and may cause a certain amount of upheaval in any case.

All of this about virtual realms assumes they'll have it worked out by the time 5.4 drops. Anything is possible in that regard although Blizzard has announced it and really has no practical way to test it out so I'm guessing the 'beta'--if you will--will happen the first week or two of 5.4.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-06-18 at 09:00 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I dont think theyve ever really said why you can't raid the current tier in a cross realm group. The reasons are probably related to keeping guild cohesion(like it matters if you are on the same server), server first achievements, server transfer money, and probably others that are either for the purpose of maintaining something for a small group of people or making money for Blizzard.

Actually allowing cross realm raids would probably help some of the current realm problems. If everyone didnt have to transfer to high pop realms to find raid groups, they would stay on the low-med pop ones and the populations would stay more level.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    I dont think theyve ever really said why you can't raid the current tier in a cross realm group. The reasons are probably related to keeping guild cohesion(like it matters if you are on the same server), server first achievements, server transfer money, and probably others that are either for the purpose of maintaining something for a small group of people or making money for Blizzard.
    Well, guild rankings (which IMO are one of the worst community creations ever foisted on WoW, but others disagree) would be totally bogus if cross-realm raiding were available for the current tier. I think Blizzard just isn't ready to listen to the monstrous whine that would be created if they allowed it.

And, of course, if there was a way to exploit it, people would find it and use it and then there would be all the whining about that too.

The only real reason to allow cross-realm raiding in the current tier is so that the very large number of players whose realms have barely any raiding activity could, well, have some. That's a pretty compelling reason and I think that's one of the big reasons we are headed to virtual realms in a couple months.