Alter time and BL/TW

Was just wondering how people here manage to make sure they get BL/TW every time?
    Just as an example, on our first kill of lei shen tonight, right after the 2nd transition ends i pop my alter time macro, a shaman then also pops his BL sadly right there, macro ends and im left with 10m cd and no bl/tw, it's rather annoying that just because we happen to cast them pretty much right over each other i do not get bl.

So i was just wondering how the mages in here manage that, make sure you cast the bl/tw everytime or?

Deleted
    cast timewarp yourself. problem fixed

Establish when warp/lust is going to be used, use it yourself then use your cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by ralikonik View Post
    cast timewarp yourself. problem fixed
    guess that is the only solution, still pretty fucked up, fine that bloodlust resets, but then dont give me a 10min exhaust so i can cast it myself, just seems rather ridiculous

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemanse View Post
    guess that is the only solution, still pretty fucked up, fine that bloodlust resets, but then dont give me a 10min exhaust so i can cast it myself, just seems rather ridiculous
    I agree. I don't see any way to use AT to exploit and somehow gain more bloodlust uptime than you would by just popping AT during lust (netting 46 seconds). Anyone know if it's been confirmed by Blizzard that the debuff is intended to persist through AT?

It is frustrating when this happens. You can combat it by having a group be vocal about when BL/TW will be used. That way you can plan the use of your AT accordingly.

If you're raiding and getting to lei shen, when hero is popped should be known to the entire raid, lots of people save different CDS for that point. You should as well.

Deleted
    Make a macro with:
    /cast Alter Time
    /RW NOOOOOOOOOOO BLOODLUST NOW!!!!!!

Or just make it your own:
    /cast Time Warp
    /cast Alter Time
    Shamans dont need to Bloodlust.

It's really no ones fault but your own. Either be aware that BL isn't popped when you're using your macro or take AT off your macro. It's a shit situation but if you're guild is good enough to down Lei Shen you should know by now when BL is being used.

Why is your guild not planning BL in advance? You usually only get one and it's a Raid DPS cooldown...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Why is your guild not planning BL in advance? You usually only get one and it's a Raid DPS cooldown...
    This. Either your guild isn't planning BL, or you are not following the plan by ATing right before it's supposed to be cast.

Short: Plan it and DIY.

Deleted
    Communication is a strong improvement for a raid

10+ Year Old Account
    Just decide in advance when BL will be used.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tell the shapeople to take lust off their bars!
    We got a enh sham and resto sham that like it hit it randomly.

Should be a mages job when to lust! Time warp > bloodlust

Yea communication is the way to go. If its at the start of the fight, my restro shaman uses it, since its not usually too healing intensive, and no reason for a mage to spend a GCD using it at that point. If its later on I let a mage as I really don't want to spend the mana on it.

That being said, I've seen plenty of times where a mage uses it as another mage had TW up.

Time Warp isn't on the GCD.

Like others have said, everyone should be on the same page when BL will be used, and you should be the one using it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our guild, our shaman uses it either when called for or at a planned stage. I'm the back up if he's down.
    Sounds to me like you guys should set up primary and secondary.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

10+ Year Old Account
    you really should plan when TW is being used, but in case this ever happens again, if you want to keep heroism going you can manually remove AT by right clicking the buff or creating a macro to remove it. you will lose your t15 2pc bonus though, so really its better to just know when its going tobe used and work your AT around it.

Considering Alter Time mages should only be the ones dropping Timewarp, if there are multiple mages there should be a 5sec warning before blowing it.

p.s. Going to reiterate the others, everyone in the raid should know ahead of time when TW is going to be used, pretty much raiding 101 after not standing in the fire

Any raid leaders and anyone capable of casting hero/lust/tw need to watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_P_-p4hoII

If there is any confusion as to when you will lust, your raid will fail to take full advantage of it.
    Tishelle (Rogue) - Tisha (Mage) - Tishandra (DK) - Tisharia (Priest) - Tishanna (Warlock) - Tishie (Monk) - Tishette (Boosted Warrior )