Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Eh, I still prefer the old way.

I'd play on priv servers if they were good (free of bugs etc).

Also - lol at people saying you couldn't raid in TBC unless you were a ''no lifer''.
    That's just stupid.
    You couldn't raid in BC and have a life until after the nerf. Every single raid at the start of BC was severely overtuned and took many hours of attempts. I raided at least 30 hours a week just to be competitive in a top 100 guild. I don't even want to guess how many hours people in top 10 guilds raided. Good thing that Blizzard started to get a clue and started to nerf content.

Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    I would not play but it would generate them profit regardless, thousands and thousands players play 1.12 & 2.4.3 realms privately, more than enough to high - full populate 2-3 servers consistantly.
    I'd be willing to bet a majority of those who use said private servers wouldn't pay a monthly subscription to play on such "legacy servers"

Quote Originally Posted by sqicychiqotles View Post
    You still haven't answered the multiple posts that said why no useful feedback would come from this.
    Because that is an assumption. More than likely both good and bad feedback will come from the implementation of classic servers. Blizzard will have to sift through it all to pull out the jewels.

The problem, with all these "bring back THIS exp servers" is that without new content on them, people WILL get bored,

Sure, you will have your die hard fans that wont quit, but the whole nostalgia people have, will get stale really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    No it doesn't. I have read the wall of no completely multiple times and there is not a place in it that says anything about the value of player feedback from classical servers. It is a hole in the wall of NO, and we can't really say how big that hole is.
    What you fail to understand is that blizzard already has received all of the feedback they need from those servers, you know, when they were viable. Do you not comprehend basic concepts?

Feedback is just data. Chances are Blizzard still has all the feedback data from when we were all playing on Vanilla servers, BC Servers, etc, etc. It would be wasteful just to reopen Vintage servers when they could simply review the existing data.

Call me ignorant but wouldn't it cost Blizzard next to nothing to maintain classic realms? If anything it would bring some players back. Im not for the idea but I'm not so negatively against it like a lot of people are. If you get bored of classic WoW again then play on current servers again? At least having an option would be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FatRastafarian View Post
    Call me ignorant but wouldn't it cost Blizzard next to nothing to maintain classic realms? If anything it would bring some players back. Im not for the idea but I'm not so negatively against it like a lot of people are. If you get bored of classic WoW again then play on current servers again? At least having an option would be awesome.
    No. First, they'd have to pay their developers to create the older versions of WoW, however they choose to do it (that's an entirely different discussion and is extremely hard and time consuming), set up new servers for them, and allocate employees to handle & maintain them.

Because that is an assumption. More than likely both good and bad feedback will come from the implementation of classic servers. Blizzard will have to sift through it all to pull out the jewels.
    And so is what you're saying. Again, people have already given feedback on the expansion when they were playing them. They have also played private servers and have continued to give feedback. Those two things are huge holes in your argument and you have been ignoring them completely for "oh no they'll find good ones don't you worry" which has little relevance to what those two points are saying.

Honestly, if I wasn't so bored I'd just report the thread as an attempt at trolling and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

I think it's a great idea.

1) Put up a couple of classic vanilla servers that have none of all the modern tweaks of convenience.
    2) Allow the raving rose-tinted bespectacled people play.
    3) Have most of them realise how different it used to be.
    4) Get people more appreciative of what WoW has become and less of a toxic fanbase (or at least less people blindly claiming how good Vanilla was in comparison to now)
    5) ???
    6) Profit!

Quote Originally Posted by FatRastafarian View Post
    It'd cost more than you think. They still have to employ people to fix bugs and things. On old code nobody remembers anymore. Would be a pretty lousy job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Yup, and I have heard them all. I still have not seen anyone address the increased feedback that classical servers would bring. It is a very good reason why they should exist.
    No, you just failed (as usual) to read the thread and see many detailed reasons why it wouldn't work. That's why you made this ridiculous thread about a topic you know has been overly discussed like you love to do. I'm guessing you just got back from a ban since I haven't seen a rampant amount of repeat topics you love to talk about. Let's look at the number of times you have made this almost identical thread in the past month
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nd-TBC-Servers
    this one also http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-than-Real-WOW
    you made the same topic three times in the past month.
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2013-06-18 at 04:20 AM.

We'll at least I have made a dent in the wall of NO.
    Not seeing it. I think you need to move on.

Deleted
    No it doesn't. I have read the wall of no completely multiple times and there is not a place in it that says anything about the value of player feedback from classical servers. It is a hole in the wall of NO, and we can't really say how big that hole is.
    why would you want feedback from a game a subsequent expansion's from years back, where the technology and game mechanics have moved on in such large amounts, that if you where to roll back to changes that where good in one expansion that they would have a domino effect of hundreds of of other changes that have been made since and cause more imbalances than there are already ?

What your calling "feedback" from classical servers is Nostalgia, (Specifically a yearning for the return of past circumstances, events, etc.) as in your feeling nostalgic regarding one type of game play mechanic and that it should be brought back, or your feeling Nostalgic about how bad the grind was and that it should not be part of the future expansions, And this they HAVE commented on this multiple time's.

Blizzard sits around ALL DAY every day thinking up new ways to make $$$. If they thought this would bring in one cent of profit they would do it.

The suggestion that classic servers would provide beneficial feedback is essentially saying "Blizzard, you didn't get it the first times when you made TBC, then Wrath, then Cata, then Mists. Do it over."

You're asking them to recheck the content that was lost because the playerbase did not want it anymore, juuuuust to be extra sure that the majority no longer wants it.

You're asking Blizzard to essentially double-check at the cost of maintaining at least one server per region, as well as deciding which patch they should use, fishing up the old code and making sure that it works, and sifting all the bad or unnecessary feedback from the new feedback, which means a lot more stress for their employees, they'll need to higher additional staff to deal with the influx, or both.

It's like your power supply doesn't work and so you buy a completely new computer just to make sure that it was in fact your power supply that was the problem. You're trying to solve a "problem" in a very inefficient way and THAT is why it won't happen: the costs far outweigh the benefits.

Your heart's in the right place but you're being extremely idealistic. This is not a practical solution and would just be a waste of time and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    You couldn't raid in BC and have a life until after the nerf. Every single raid at the start of BC was severely overtuned and took many hours of attempts. I raided at least 30 hours a week just to be competitive in a top 100 guild. I don't even want to guess how many hours people in top 10 guilds raided. Good thing that Blizzard started to get a clue and started to nerf content.
    Funny, I had a job, was in a relationship, and had plenty of time to raid ''hardcore'' back then.

But whatever you say.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    No, you just failed (as usual) to read the thread and see many detailed reasons why it wouldn't work. That's why you made this ridiculous thread about a topic you know has been overly discussed like you love to do. I'm guessing you just got back from a ban since I haven't seen a rampant amount of repeat topics you love to talk about. Let's look at the number of times you have made this almost identical thread in the past month
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nd-TBC-Servers
    this one also http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-than-Real-WOW
    you made the same topic three times in the past month.
    The reasoning is different. Go ahead look for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol remember back in BC when you had to hit Revered with a faction to be able to buy the key to unlock the heroic dungeon of that area?

Or spamming chat trying to find people for Arcatraz and Shadow Labs for the "so loved" attunements.

/le sigh.

At this point, I wish this topic was just blacklisted. There's a GIANT post explaining why it wouldn't be feasible and it's a terrible idea, with multiple quotes from Blizzard saying "Nope, not going to happen. Ever." There are multiple people explaining why it's not feasible, the majority on the subject are opposed to it, yet that teeny-tiny minority's only argument for it is based on short-sighted nostalgia, and the lack of experience of how to run a company.

The only "discussion" going on is how the pro-legacy crowd can think-tank it's way into some bullshit "Can't argue with that" point.