10+ Year Old Account

Heroism de-buff disappearing in Naxxramas.

I ran Naxx10 the other night with my GM, and when we killed the first boss of Spider wing (first wing we went to) I decided to burn Heroism, because why not.

So we killed him, then when we got to Widow, I completely didn't notice the fact that I was able to pop Heroism again, despite it being nowhere near at least 5 minutes between the 2 bosses. So, I finally noticed when we were up to Maexxna, and I watched after we killed her that the debuff disappeared. And this happened after we killed every boss.

So, did I miss something in a blue post, or is this a bug?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

This has been in the game for awhile now in raids...

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroism debuff as well as any CDs with base CD of 5-15 minutes are reset upon killing the NPCs that are marked as "boss". Note that NPCs that don't actually die (like Saurfang or Ulduar keepers) can't trigger this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to go ahead and guess only old raids?
    I don't think I've ever seen this, but then again I likely never noticed.

Thanks.

Interesting, never knew this. I guess because I never played a class that could use hero/bloodlust. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and guess only old raids?
    I don't think I've ever seen this, but then again I likely never noticed.

Thanks.
    Works in ToT normal and heroic!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Works in ToT normal and heroic!
    o.O seems a bit odd that they'd reduce CD management in current tiers.

It's so for anyone on a progression fight (well doesn't have to be progression) they don't have to feel gimped every 2nd or 3rd attempt due to not having major cd's available. Think it's a great feature and saves waiting around.

Typically you would look at cd management in terms of during the fight, and not having downtime after a wipe waiting for them.

Deleted
    From what I remember it affects Heroism's debuff, Lay on Hands, Soulstone (and all Combat Ress spells, I think?) and Army of the Dead. Does not affect Reincarnation, for instance (would probably be OP :P).

It's so you don't just waste or gimp a try because you're lacking one of those, I suppose. Minor cooldowns are not reset, though. Resetting a boss (and not simply wiping) doesn't reset all these, though, if I recall correctly from our Wind Lord Meljarak tries.

Sitting around waiting for lust to come of CD is hardly compelling gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

They decided to reset the CDs on a lot of "long term buffs/debuffs/cds" because they felt it was bad to feel the need to either kill yourself to remove a debuff, or to wait X amount of time for them to reset because people felt they were needed.

I remember after hagara we always jump off ultraxians platform so we could hero on the pull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Sitting around waiting for lust to come of CD is hardly compelling gameplay.
    I guess it didn't cross my mind that it'd take less than 10 minutes to eat, buff and go-over what went wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it didn't cross my mind that it'd take less than 10 minutes to eat, buff and go-over what went wrong.
    Well usually you figure out what went wrong when it went wrong or as you run back/eat anyway, we usually repull within 3-4 minutes with full knowledge of what happened and what was needed to fix it. XD

That's exactly the reason why you also loose the bloodlust/heroism debuff when you wipe or kill the boss.

Popping hero on pull only to screw up a taunt or something just minutes into the fight meant unnecesary wait times. It sucked. I recall times in the past waiting for 20+ minutes for reincarnations to come back when we were close to killing a certain boss. It was boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    Popping hero on pull only to screw up a taunt or something just minutes into the fight meant unnecesary wait times. It sucked. I recall times in the past waiting for 20+ minutes for reincarnations to come back when we were close to killing a certain boss. It was boring.
    Yea except reincarnation's cooldown does not reset so you have to wait if you still have to wait if want it off cooldown for attempts.