Thread: Warlocks in 5.4

Warlocks in 5.4

Hey I've been following blue responses about warlocks for a little bit now. I've realized that they're slowly getting nerfed to shit. Such as reducing malefic grasp damage and putting it into dots and stuff. And destro where rain of fire won't generate burning embers. And fel flame where it's getting a 1.5 cast time although imo only a good spell for 2-3 secs to re position yourself. And finally kil'jaedens cunning which I believe us the best talent at 90 for locks since it gives us mobility and not just having to stand there getting smacked by a melee class while trying to get a spell off. MF is good for a huge AOE but, Archimondes Vengenance returns 5% back at them does not seem a lot and may need a buff.

But my question is if is add continues to nerf warlocks to dust what class will you play or grab from the "shelf"?

10+ Year Old Account
    I went Mage myself, but I'm really tired of this kind of stuff especially when we're mid expansion with a lot of people doing the Legendary Questline. Why should they be forced to reroll when the fun factor of the class is gutted? Moving while casting is fun. That is why people chose KJC 9/10 times. They shouldn't have to reroll to compete, or see their class contorted into something else. Imho, and I've said this for nine years now, they should allow players to change classes when they make such drastic changes to a class, as a good faith measure. The fact is you'd see mass droves to the Mage Class however as all three of it's specs ALWAYS have dominated for four straight years as the top DPS tying most often with Hunters.

This being said, lets keep our discussions confined to this thread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5-4-discussion

Thanks!

I've been playing my ele shaman and warlock throughout the expansion, I'll shelf the warlock tho, funny thing is that my shaman felt like a turret compared to the warlock, but I can see that my shaman is going to feel alot more mobile now.

KJC should honestly be standard for all casters, the moving penalty could perhaps be brought up to 40% for pvp, but I never felt that it was what made warlocks good in pvp tbh, and I can see other classes who could seriously use more mobility (hello spriests).

the other changes are just mindblowing, so they're giving fel flame a cast time but you can cast it while you run to compensate...? what? it's an instant spell that's castable while you run as all instant spells are, and they're like "you're welcome" lol.

another funny thing (which has nothing to do with warlocks, but just shows how weird their answers aer sometimes), a Shaman asked if enh could get a execute like ability, and were told that they didnt like to copy abilities between classes, yet they copy/pasted spiritwalkers grace to warlocks, when asked if enh shamans could do more damage the first 20% instead then, the answer was like "nope, mm does it!" .........

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    another funny thing (which has nothing to do with warlocks, but just shows how weird their answers aer sometimes), a Shaman asked if enh could get a execute like ability, and were told that they didnt like to copy abilities between classes, yet they copy/pasted spiritwalkers grace to warlocks, when asked if enh shamans could do more damage the first 20% instead then, the answer was like "nope, mm does it!" .........
    Just like how they didnt like Improved Soul Fire buff during Cataclysm, so they gave the exact same thing to Mages in MoP through Invocation talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Xploits View Post
    Just like how they didnt like Improved Soul Fire buff during Cataclysm, so they gave the exact same thing to Mages in MoP through Invocation talent.
    The thing with Imp. Soul Fire, which I personally (And other people) hated, was that it was RNGproc vs. Hardcast, whereas Invoc is always every 60 sec and not so RNG based as Imp. SF

10+ Year Old Account
    This same topic is being discussed in this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...lock-rerollers

Please look for a thread to post in before creating a new thread next time, please.

Closed.