Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I got a suspension for no reason (Seriously)

Here is the email that I received after being disconnected then banned for NO reason.

Greetings,

* * * NOTICE OF FINAL WARNING * * *

Account Name: WoW1
    Realm: Frostmourne
    Character Name: Meinführér

Offense: Racial/Ethnic/National
    This category includes both clear and masked names which:

* Have any racial/ethnic connotations
    * Have any national connotations

The name selected for this character has been deemed as inappropriate for the World of Warcraft by the In-Game Support staff of Blizzard Entertainment. Based on a review of the information presented, this World of Warcraft account has been given a final warning and a 72 hour account suspension, in addition to any previous warnings issued. Until the suspension has been lifted, the account will not be accessible. Please note that Blizzard Entertainment will be unable to provide further information regarding the specific time an account will become accessible again. Be aware that any additional inappropriate actions may result in the permanent closure of the account. Upon your next log-in, you will be prompted to select a new character name.

For further information, please view the World of Warcraft Naming Policy and Terms of Use Agreement: and .

Any disputes or questions concerning this account action can only be addressed by Account Administration. To learn more about how Account Administration is able to assist you, please visit us at

If you feel that you may have any additional names on your account that violate our Naming Policy, please submit an In-Game Petition with the name(s) in question. Doing so may prevent further actions on your account. Should you have any other names on your account that violate our Naming Policy and they are reported, the names will be changed and your account may incur further penalties. We will allow you a 7-day grace period to notify us of any potential naming violations on your account. Please take this opportunity to inform us of any further naming violations on your account so they can be resolved without further penalties to your account, by submitting an In-Game Petition on one of your characters that does not violate our Naming Policy.

Regards,

Blizzard Entertainment

A final warning for Mein Fuhrer? Seriously? This is actually retarded. How the fuck is My leader offensive? If I had the name heilstalin no one would care. I remember a few weeks ago I made a thread and made my avatar that was a picture of Hitler. and everyone got really angry at it. But one guy with a picture of stalin replied to the thread and no one cared. Fucking idiots.
    back to the topic, I feel that this ban is just...it makes no sense.

I'm pretty sure people would care if you referenced Stalin in your name. And Meinführer is offensive because, no matter how you may deny it, you meant it to be offensive. You thought that you could get away with it because "it only means my leader!" but that was just an excuse. I doubt you'll find much sympathy here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because if I remember correctly, Fuhrer is a title for leader which was commonly associated with Hitler, I can understand why you were suspended as some people can and will get offended by that if they had relatives that were involved in that horrible timeline.

Edit:
    It also seems doing a google search for Fuhrer returned this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%BChrer - So there's a lot of heavy influence of Hitler in that link.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-06-18 at 05:32 AM.

Probably fell under the naming policy

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/naming-policy
    This category includes names which:

Consist of any references to the real world, including people and places (Britneyspears, Newyork, Austinpowers)

I... I'm sorry, but did you really just say that you don't understand why naming a character something that is strongly tied to Hitler could be considered to have an ethnic or national connotation?

Play dumb all you want, you know damn well what your name was referencing.

So basically the name is why you got banned. There's nothing more to say. You honestly deserve it because of choosing a name like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostnibble View Post
    Here is the email that I received after being disconnected then banned for NO reason.

Greetings,

The name selected for this character has been deemed as inappropriate for the World of Warcraft by the In-Game Support staff of Blizzard Entertainment. Based on a review of the information presented, this World of Warcraft account has been given a final warning and a 72 hour account suspension, in addition to any previous warnings issued. Until the suspension has been lifted, the account will not be accessible. Please note that Blizzard Entertainment will be unable to provide further information regarding the specific time an account will become accessible again. Be aware that any additional inappropriate actions may result in the permanent closure of the account. Upon your next log-in, you will be prompted to select a new character name.

For further information, please view the World of Warcraft Naming Policy and Terms of Use Agreement: and .

Any disputes or questions concerning this account action can only be addressed by Account Administration. To learn more about how Account Administration is able to assist you, please visit us at

If you feel that you may have any additional names on your account that violate our Naming Policy, please submit an In-Game Petition with the name(s) in question. Doing so may prevent further actions on your account. Should you have any other names on your account that violate our Naming Policy and they are reported, the names will be changed and your account may incur further penalties. We will allow you a 7-day grace period to notify us of any potential naming violations on your account. Please take this opportunity to inform us of any further naming violations on your account so they can be resolved without further penalties to your account, by submitting an In-Game Petition on one of your characters that does not violate our Naming Policy.

Regards,

Blizzard Entertainment

A final warning for Mein Fuhrer? Seriously? This is actually retarded. How the fuck is My leader offensive? If I had the name heilstalin no one would care. I remember a few weeks ago I made a thread and made my avatar that was a picture of Hitler. and everyone got really angry at it. But one guy with a picture of stalin replied to the thread and no one cared. Fucking idiots.

lol. When I read the "(seriously) in the thread title, I thought there would be something "serious" here.

You must be 12. People like you, OP should be banned permanently.

Incoming locked thread!

I remember a few weeks ago I made a thread and made my avatar that was a picture of Hitler.
    All things considering, they might have had some cause to suspend you.
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

hey its the hitler nazi guy again with more i got suspended or forced name changes.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Really? I swear that it's not a reference to hitler. I remember reading a thread on the offical forums that their friend got a ban because their was somethingfuhrer. in english it was leader of storms or whatever. People get so angry who the pointless shit

Oh this one again. At least persistent...what was it again the last time ? Whatever let's see how fast this one gets wrapped up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? I swear that it's not a reference to hitler. I remember reading a thread on the offical forums that their friend got a ban because their was somethingfuhrer. in english it was leader of storms or whatever. People get so angry who the pointless shit
    Wikipedia says otherwise, sorry to tell you but maybe choose a name that's not going to be a touchy subject.

Greetings,

Regards,

Blizzard Entertainment

Oh horse crap. Stop playing dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Oh this one again. At least persistent...what was it again the last time ?
    Okay the last I must admit that was ban worthy, sorry for that. But this time it's bs

Actually if this is an unedited GM response, it just shows that Blizzard's penalty volcano is a joke. A final warning and it's only a 3 day suspension? For this offense, it's about as ridiculous as a 3 hour suspension for the first offense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your sense of humour is aweful.

oh no! something that is somewhat related to hitler! so horrible! you're an evil holocaust lover >

nah, that's pretty lame imo. but, people are gonna be how they're gonna be. might as well just change it and move on.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    For this to be a final warning, you have a great many other marks against your account for rules violations already. A clear reference to Hitler would be a very OBVIOUS violation as not only is it racially negative, but just plain wrong to think you could get away with something so BLATANT.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

You were suspended for a reason, deal with it. Don't act coy or try to get sympathy from random people on a forum.