Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    No, I'm not, and quoting random people from movies won't get me to change my opinion.

Deleted
    People have weird opinions on things, as long as they dont try to use them as facts Im fine.
    Last edited by mmocf94708a214; 2013-06-18 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
    Cataclysm had 5x more content and quality than this expansion, whether you were leveling a new character or getting to 85. The lore was also much stronger in every quest and raid, even though Deathwing as a main villain was kind of lame, if it hadn't been for the novels he'd still be dead in Warcraft 2.

I'll never understand the hate for that expansion, it fixed so many things in WoW, if not for the main villain it would have been as good as WOTLK, which was my favorite expansion.
    I know it's subjective but IMO you got it all wrong lol. Using WotLK as the standard as how good an xpac should be is wrong from the start.

Guess org gets cleared out pretty fast and Garrosh takes refuge in his fortified underground lair for the second half of the raid. People will still complain about rehashed content though.

Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
    Cataclysm had 5x more content and quality than this expansion, whether you were leveling a new character or getting to 85. The lore was also much stronger in every quest and raid, even though Deathwing as a main villain was kind of lame, if it hadn't been for the novels he'd still be dead in Warcraft 2.

I'll never understand the hate for that expansion, it fixed so many things in WoW, if not for the main villain it would have been as good as WOTLK, which was my favorite expansion.

Uhm, what? Cata 1-60 was pretty good (the first time through), I'll give you that.

But max level quest and raids? Lol they were a joke. All quest zones were horribly disjointed and didn't follow a story. Hell, some of them (Vashj'ir, Uldum) were so useless they became forgotten once you hit 90.

And the raids were even worse,

BoT: The headquarters of the Twilights Hammer. They never bother to tell us it takes place in Grim Batol (another disappointment), and Cho'Gall, the guy who pretty much led us into Cata, looked like a joke due to Sinestra.
    BWD: Oh look, Nefarians back! We made no attempt to show you guys his presence outside of the raid, but he's there, stop him!
    ToTFW: An Elemental Lord had no voice over and was mentioned once outside if the raid. Let down.
    FL: Worked out well due to the daily zone. Regarded my many as the only real raid in Cata.
    DS: Not gonna bother.

What exactly up there trumps what we have in MoP? The only raid that doesn't have much lore is MSV, and Cho remedies that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it is pretty amazing, you're going to be spending the next year or so there.

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Uhm, what? Cata 1-60 was pretty good (the first time through), I'll give you that.

But max level quest and raids? Lol they were a joke. All quest zones were horribly disjointed and didn't follow a story. Hell, some of them (Vashj'ir, Uldum) were so useless they became forgotten once you hit 90.

And the raids were even worse,

BoT: The headquarters of the Twilights Hammer. They never bother to tell us it takes place in Grim Batol (another disappointment), and Cho'Gall, the guy who pretty much led us into Cata, looked like a joke due to Sinestra.
    BWD: Oh look, Nefarians back! We made no attempt to show you guys his presence outside of the raid, but he's there, stop him!
    ToTFW: An Elemental Lord had no voice over and was mentioned once outside if the raid. Let down.
    FL: Worked out well due to the daily zone. Regarded my many as the only real raid in Cata.
    DS: Not gonna bother.

What exactly up there trumps what we have in MoP? The only raid that doesn't have much lore is MSV, and Cho remedies that.
    I don't know what's so memorable about mists of pandaria zones. You got the green forest place where you spend your time killing 75% of the local wildlife then blow up their 1000 year statue or whatever and summon the sha, then you go around Arathi Basin 2.0 and kill some more wildlife and save some farms, then you get to Krasarang which has some nice quests but mostly because of the Night Elf storyline there, the Mantid zone is pretty cool at the start but eventually gets boring as you go around reviving a bunch of guys in stasis, Townlong steppes I can't even remember what I did there, then there's Kun Lai Summit/Borean Tundra 2.0 which is neat and the only really satisfying zone to complete, thanks to the troll incursion and a relation to something Warcraft and the Grummies and the Temple dungeon there where you save that guy from corruption.

That's no more different than Cataclysm, where you've got Hyjal, which is a rollercoaster of awesomeness and meeting with a bunch of real Warcraft heroes, then save the entire mountain from Ragnaros, then you've got Vash'jir where I'm not sure what the hell we were doing, then you've got Uldum which is very pretty but ultimately anti-climactic, Deepholm is really cool you get to meet a relation to Maraudon's Princess and save Azeroth from collapsing, the zone isn't that original though but w/e, and then you've got that purple place where's Grim Batol which is pretty fun for the Dwarf questline with the marriage, one of the best chain quests in the game, then there's some dragon shit I don't really care about since it's been stretched way too thin anyway.

The zones are no more memorable in pandaria than in Cataclysm, you've got a few moments that are great in each expansion but overall it's all hit and miss in the end, so you can't call one a clear winner over the other.

PVP they did well with Tol Barad, they focused on making a huge open PVP BG, although they failed because they made it a cooldown fight like Wintergrasp, so in the end it turned out being a 2H CD BG, which is dumb, otherwise Pandaria pvp and Cataclysm PVP is no difference, just a couple of new BGs, nothing interesting.

As for raids, I feel generally no investment in any of them in pandaria. There's the underground mogu place where they try to force titan lore with that dragon thing, otherwise pull trash -> kill unknown bosses that the lorewalker describes to me with some dialogue. Ok, he did that and that 1000000000 bajillion years ago, I'm so scared. Terrace of endless spring -> people say ToC was bad but at least ToC had lore and interesting fights, this thing is just ridiculously bad. The end boss of a patch which is the "embodiment of fear" says scary things and summons some adds. Oh em gee I'm so afraid. There's that little boss that sounds like a child and whatever. The insect place is pretty fun so I can't say much about that. I haven't done the new raid since I unsubbed last February, but I heard it's fun, and I like the trailer for it, so maybe I'll try it, but I doubt it'll make pandaria appear in my eyes as the clear successor to Cataclysm.

Both expansion have good starting zones for the new races, both pandaren and Worgen, although the Goblin place kind of sucks in Cataclysm.

Ohhh Korban is alliance. That explains it all. I would say 5.1 is the only ally victory this xpac. Domination point is a joke compared to alliance version. However if you played horde, you'd like the xpac way more. hell, 5.3 forced alliance to head a zone away from the horde capital. Here on Kil'jaeden, we slaughter them whenever they come to do the weekly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

The underground Org is nice, reminds me of the HFC instances, and I liked those.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

It would be funny if all the trash was Quill boars and Troggs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    The Alliance fleet at its finest I see.
    Yeah, if you have the mightiest sea fleet in the world and everybody knows it, why would you spend the resources in bringing its might to bear on orgrimmar, when you can assault it with 3 ships?

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be funny to see the old mobs still around the place and the Kor'kron took them over and this place looks like a underground bunker fortress and the large areas like steam engines could be where that Shredder type boss could be located and still what is going to happen to the old Ragefire Chasm?
    Would it still be accessable from the Dungeon Finder and the main game to? Oh and yeah it would be funny to still see those dead corpses around to the area or the Kor'kron might of cleaned those up for the Siege.
    The main throne room could be a boss to, in which Vol'jin and his Rebellion think its where Garrosh is located, but the clever orc left a known orc there named Genreal Nazgrim, and we get to face him or someone else there to.
    For the Horde!