Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It's more brown than the inside of a public toilet stall.

I wonder if this underground area will open up outside the raid instance. will be interesting to see

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by greg098 View Post
    I wonder if this underground area will open up outside the raid instance. will be interesting to see
    We won't see it in the outdoor world because we are going through parts of the Ragefire Chasm instance to get to the elevator which then guides us to all those bosses down there. So no, it won't open up because it will be blocked by the instance-portal of RC.

Deleted
    Behold the great alliance armada Varian collected!
    Gaze upon the magestic hulls of theese....three ships...yea, thats correct! THREE SHIPS!

I like it, overall.

I wonder how Garrosh will pass off the fact that he has effectively "retreated" underground like a worm, when the revolutionaries come a-knockin'.

Also curious to see how the raid's flavor will change for Horde and Alliance. "Oh, that area is blocked due to Alliance bombardment" versus "Oh, that area is blocked thanks to Gamon" ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Gaze upon the magestic hulls of theese....three ships...yea, thats correct! THREE SHIPS!
    This must be that elusive fist-pumping moment that they spoke of. Three ships is a bit much though, they might want to tone it down a bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    I wonder how Garrosh will pass off the fact that he has effectively "retreated" underground like a worm, when the revolutionaries come a-knockin'.
    He's probably planing things down there, he wouldn't plan everything in front of everyone like in the middle of Orgrimmar now would he?

The raid looks gorgeous, however, I'm hoping for a lot of cinematics. I know I mostly skipped them when raiding in DS, but I did love watching them occasionally. And they need a fist bumping moment somehow.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Deleted
    That thing is HUGE i love it it looks realy nice.
    Now if the bosses are also like this raid then it could possebly be the best raid out there.

I really like it! Hopefully we see a few more Alliance ships and the Skyfire. I'm hoping we get to take down the front gate... Would be a bit odd to just waltz in the door. It's a good mix of sieging the Orgrimmar we all know without just reusing the city completely.

People complained when Dragonblight was used for Dragon Soul. This way we get new dungeons to raid through that are more mysterious to us. Would've been a bit lame to just go kill Garrosh at the same place he's been standing at since Cataclysm.
    Last edited by Dhomeli; 2013-06-18 at 12:46 PM.

Based on the LFR sections. 1 takes part in vale, 1 in city and 2 under the city. Meaning at least 3 bosses in the city itself.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Come on be fair to blizzard its hard work to cut and paste a few more alliance ships to make it look like a giant armada instead of a laughable half hearted show of force

It does look badass, but i can't help but feel sadness for the great city of Orgrimmar is going to be infiltrated by alliance scum!

I was hoping for an event/boss where you had to breach the walls using siege artillery. That would have been awesome.
    RETH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beararmz View Post
    It does look badass, but i can't help but feel sadness for the great city of Orgrimmar is going to be infiltrated by alliance scum!
    Take it as a compliment. Alliance beign the weaklings they are could never hope to have racial leader strong enough that it would warrant a boss encounter at the pinnacle raid of an expansion. Only the members of horde can have such weight. Like Thrall was the savior of the world now Garrosh is its threatener.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    I like it, overall.

Also curious to see how the raid's flavor will change for Horde and Alliance. "Oh, that area is blocked due to Alliance bombardment" versus "Oh, that area is blocked thanks to Gamon" ...
    It will probably be "this area is blocked by boxes (maybe even metal ones)" for both factions.

Maybe......just maybe there are quests and solo story scenarios that deal with the surface of Orgrimmar as well as Garrosh. Possibly Zaela, too. And Garrosh flees underground after those events.

A hellscream usually doesn't hide in a hole.

Remembers exactly to Baldurs gate1, when Sarevok was in the throne room and defeated, so he flees into the underground basement of the city for the final showdown - this was allready here its not exactly new.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrd View Post
    my point being is that the raid is called siege of orgrimmar. not siege of garrosh's secret underground lair. besides, do you really think that after garrosh is deposed, the remaining horde leaders will appreciate garrosh's architecture that reminds them of just how different he was than them? if anything, attacking the city and blowing it to shit would be a great remodel for the city, remove all traces of garrosh ever exsisting from the horde. i like garrosh's style of architecture, but if voljin and baine are so bent on destroying garrosh and his new reich of korkron you would think they would want to break the shit out of his city.
    I tend to agree with you. Granted, typical raid encounters these days sort of demand that there be ample room for an encounter, but this Siege of Org could have definitely been an outdoor actual attempt on the city, culminating in an enlargened version of his current throne room, and destroying sections of the city as you progress. I like the idea of a naval fight up the river that splits the zones, gaining entry to the city via the side bridge entrance, and go from there.

Perhaps they thought that it would feel too much like the pvp attempt folks can make on the city now.

10+ Year Old Account
    SoO still has a chance to not fail as DS.
    I kinda thought everything would be to much orcish but looks like not everyone will be a orc, and we will have plenty of boss room each fight.

Can't wait.

Raid tier this expansion has been 10/10! Keep up the work for the next expansion too please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    i dunno... every room that i suspect is gonna have a boss in it looks exactly the same a circle room...