Deleted

Which T3 talent are people taking for heroic progression?

Hi guys, so my friend linked me this video from Affiniti's stream, where at around 6:20 Riggnaros went off on one about how all BL's warlocks use Soul Link on pretty much every encounter bar a few (jinrokh/leishen).

I've been using it on Ji-Kun to tank the guardian and on Animus normal just as an insurance policy to not have my blueberry die. Having taken a look at other warlocks, many of them seem to be using soul link too.

Previously I've been using sac pact as the default defensive, but now this discussion has got me wondering, what have my fellow warlocks been defaulting too?

Deleted
    Other than a few select encounters it really doesnt matter much. I use dark bargain for Lei Shen heroic for solo-soaking static shocks, and Soullink for DA hc both for observertanking one golem and being the matter swap bitch.

Sac pact is incredibly OP for any fight if you use GoSac though, so pretty much Primo, Tortos, Horridon, Council(?) and it lines up pretty well with Ji'kuns Quills.

In all honesty I usually forget to spec 'correctly' on most bosses, except DA and Lei Shen (recent progressbosses) and Im still not 100% sure what to go with for ra'den, but ill probably end up using Soul link for that simply because of the constant AoE pulsing damage in P2

Deleted
    Yeah you basically summed up my thoughts exactly, but I felt I had to ask just in case I was missing something. Like you said, I use sac a lot so sac pact is nice, if I ever get my hands on the lei shen trinket and play demo more than perhaps I'll use soul link a bit more.

Deleted
    As long as it is safe (aka not taking too much damage from pet), I think Soul Link will usually mitigate more damage total. On the other hand, Sac Pact can be very nice if it lines up just right with mechanics (Jikun).

They are pretty close though, like talents should be! You can't really go wrong as long as you don't run Dark Bargain without a very specific reason.