Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    For me when DA2 demo launched I was puzzeled, but still I believed ... for DA3 I will wait for the demo and I will expect to be blown away. If not, then no hard feelings.
    Pretty much the same, either 100% sold or they can keep it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay I had a fun idea.....

So with a title like Dragon Age: Inquisiton, it's not a huge stretch to imagine we'll be playing as an Inquisitor . Now what do we know about the Inquisition?

Well from the end of DA2, we know they're searching for the Warden.

So what if your warden, that you created in DA:O is the badguy this time around? He's the Warden Commander and they Wardens have gone rogue, so the Inquisition has to stop them. The coolest part of this is your Warden would be the last boss, but would change how he fights dependant on what you bring through from your DA:O save.

So say I load a save where my warden was a DW warrior, then when I fight the last boss he'd be a DW warrior, if my Warden was an Elemental Mage, then the last boss would be an Elemental Mage. Would be a nice touch, and would make replaying quite fun. If you have no save to bring across, you could pick from presets at the start.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Okay I had a fun idea.....

So with a title like Dragon Age: Inquisiton, it's not a huge stretch to imagine we'll be playing as an Inquisitor . Now what do we know about the Inquisition?

Well from the end of DA2, we know they're searching for the Warden.

So what if your warden, that you created in DA:O is the badguy this time around? He's the Warden Commander and they Wardens have gone rogue, so the Inquisition has to stop them. The coolest part of this is your Warden would be the last boss, but would change how he fights dependant on what you bring through from your DA:O save.

So say I load a save where my warden was a DW warrior, then when I fight the last boss he'd be a DW warrior, if my Warden was an Elemental Mage, then the last boss would be an Elemental Mage. Would be a nice touch, and would make replaying quite fun. If you have no save to bring across, you could pick from presets at the start.
    An interesting idea, but there's just one thing. My warden is dead. How would the game take care of that possibility? ^^

There was this one leak about a month ago nobody thought to be real, but since they were right with the name I guess they cant be to far off. This data is said to be from a survey Bioware did with elected users. The site posting the spoiler seems to have taken it down. The site i got it from has a german translation, I use the google translator to put it back so pls dont jump on me.

"The great nation of Orlais, the most powerful empire in Dragon Age, rubs on the Civil War. The brave men and women of Ferelden do everything to liberate their country from the ravages of the darkspawn a decade ago.

The Church, the central beliefs of the world of Dragon Age is divided. The Templar Order was split with the argument that the Church was too lax in controlling the dangerous powers of the magician. The magician circles are in rebellion, in the belief that the Templars were too zealous in their duties quickly and thereby, dissidents slaughter.

The world of Dragon Age is on the verge of collapse and a desperate gathering in the name of peace becomes the epicenter of a magical explosion that decimated the leadership of the church, it is clear that someone or something is manipulating events to plunge the world into chaos .

From the ashes of this explosion rises something new: the Inquisition. As Inquisitor it is your job to expand your power to train your forces, reveal secrets and make connections across the game world. You have forgotten places to explore, discover ancient mysteries, and eliminate those that threaten the very fabric of the world. "

Another text from the alleged survey states:

"A portal between the worlds unleashes countless demons upon the land, civil wars divide nations and corruption is limitless. Someone is behind the shadows and pull the strings, to destroy the world. The time has come for the Inquisition.

Wear the robe of the Inquisitor and lead it to the only power that can bring light into the darkness. Choosing your method and gather your armies, send out spies or let yourself one for a political war. Gaining friendships and use your connections indirectly: the Inquisition as it leads is up to you. But you have to lead from the start.

Makes your character a rogue, mage or warrior and put together a group of up to ten companions to fight your attacker by systematically spy on him and destroys it. "

The survey is also possible to choose the subtitle for the game: The Breach, Exarch, Inquisition, Inquisitor, and Apocrypha.

Other things that are the source of quotes from the survey:

- Online-/Coop-Modus
    - Finishing Moves
    - Mattering decisions
    - Drama and suspense
    - From the player controlled Day/Night-Cycle
    - Better group management
    - Four companion simultaneously

Source: http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/dragon...2,3004148.html
    Last edited by Faldric; 2012-09-18 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    My hopes for 3 are better, more relatable and USEFUL characters, a world worth exploring (one that's more than just a town...) and a story that will really drag me in and keep me hooked.

That's my biggest concern as well. The copy and paste environments never bugged me all that much but they sorta addressed it in the dlc anyway. If you play legacy for instance, its starts out in a desert but then is in like some ruins and then at the top of the tower it's a huge storm. The environments are definitely not cookie cutter. Really what bugged me about da2 was that for the most part the characters lacked any life. In part because they weren't funny for the most part, their interactions lacked the sparkle that you got from morrigan and allistair. I mean that's probably one of the best examples in video gaming ever of that sort of interaction between npcs but I could use any example from Da:O. Christ when Sten tries to eyeball the dog in the camp, I cracked up. I mean it's supposed to be serious moment but it's fucking hilarious, he growls at the dog. He respects the dog. It was really well done and it really gave you some insight into sten. not so much the dog.

No one is gonna like to hear this but I felt they got some of that back in Mass Effect 3. The relations and interactions between the various characters felt on the whole alot stronger than in da2 or in swtor for that matter. Certainly from the stand point of humor but also even just their sort of daily rounds on the ship. I hope that translates over to da3, time will tell I guess.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-09-18 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    I'm amazed there isn't a DA3 thread where we can hype about the game yet.
    I wasn't hyped because DA2 was a massive dissapointment, I'm STILL not hyped for 3 even after seeing this because they have violated my trust. I don't trust them to make a great game like DA:O, even if they are saying good things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    An interesting idea, but there's just one thing. My warden is dead. How would the game take care of that possibility? ^^
    a 'Dead Warden' data save would count the same as a 'no prior data' start, you'd pick a fighting style and the 'filler warden' would the place of your old warden.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    There was this one leak about a month ago nobody thought to be real, but since they were right with the name I guess they cant be to far off. This data is said to be from a survey Bioware did with elected users. The site posting the spoiler seems to have taken it down. The site i got it from has a german translation, I use the google translator to put it back so pls dont jump on me.
    Hmmm, that first one might not be far off, we can logically assume that Inquisition will take place in Orlais, all signs point there, as for the rest... Yeah okay, sounds like a good story, I'm in .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/09/18/r...eschuk-retire/

Now that both founders of Bioware has been driven out how can it be said to be the same studio anymore? Considering that there has been rather huge movement of original members going to other non-EA projects during past 4 years?

Of course apologists and fanboys will always find excuse but hey, it's not like this is first time EA remakes a studio and then kills it after acquiring it.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

From video games to craft beer. If I could imagine a career path in life

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    From video games to craft beer. If I could imagine a career path in life
    AND he has a medical degree too.

Dragon Age: Origins remains my all time number one game.

The story - fantastic.
    The fighting - addictive.
    The choices and customisation - unlimited.
    The replay value - incredible.

Dragon Age II however was a complete and utter disappointment. Very weak story. Dull button mashing. Re-used areas. Boring companions. However the boss fights were good.

I'm hoping to see more of the Origins gameplay in DA3.

Deleted
    I hope they learned from the mistakes of DA2 especially the reused areas.

To be honest if the skill system was a bit more in depth I would not mind the "pace" of the combat of DA2 I kinda liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Dragon Age: Origins remains my all time number one game.

The story - fantastic.
    The fighting - addictive.
    The choices and customisation - unlimited.
    The replay value - incredible.

Dragon Age II however was a complete and utter disappointment. Very weak story. Dull button mashing. Re-used areas. Boring companions. However the boss fights were good.

I'm hoping to see more of the Origins gameplay in DA3.
    The reused maps and lack of friendly fire on lower difficulties killed DA2 for me. I just got bored of it like 1/2 way through and quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Easy, your Warden will get plucked out of space and be reanimated/reconstructed to what he was, memories etc. You'll never understand how, but no one seems to care either.

That, or I'm in the wrong game.

Posted this in the other thread, some interesting notes from the wiki page.. If things stay this way, I'll be happy.

More strategy then hack n slash combat.. Larger customization.. No re-hashed areas. Yes, yes, yes.

Combat is also expected to differ somewhat from its predecessors and focus more on a player's ability to prepare, position, and form a cohesive team with his or her party members, requiring fewer repetitive finger strikes but better thinking.

Customization is said to be expanded in the next game. The developers addressed mainly how equipment would be handled with party members. They described a situation in which the player found a breastplate and decided to give it to a party member. Depending upon which party member received it, the breastplate would automatically adjust its shape and aesthetics in order to fit that particular character while still maintaining his or her identity. It was also hinted that armor customization will go as far as altering its color and pattern.

Ray Muzyka, BioWare's CEO, said in an interview with Wired.com that Dragon Age III would be influenced by more open world games, such as The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, which BioWare is "checking out aggressively." Also, the developers promised their fans that they will no longer reuse environments, which was considered a main issue in Dragon Age II.
    Last edited by trips25; 2012-10-31 at 11:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trips25 View Post
    Also, the developers promised their fans that they will no longer reuse environments, which was considered a main issue in Dragon Age II.
    this this so much this.

DA 1 was "okay" but honestly if you think thats good you haven't played many RPGs. Its certainly no where near what I'd describe as benchmark. Replayability? Yeah maybe to see the 6 starting quests but once you got past Osgiliath or w/e the fort that gets overrun at the start is called, its pretty much the same game through and through. To call that replayability is a slap in the face to all the amazing games of pre 2005.

I dare say my GF will buy it, she's an Alistair-phile* :P And I think she liked Fenris and Anders too.

*No joke, she tells me our first son will be called Alistair...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account

Dragon Age 3

So at E3 they showed us a trailer for Dragon Age 3 with the new engine and presumably ingame graphics... does any1 else feel like they changed the style too much? to me it looks way more cartoony than it used to and tbh I don't really like it... the caracters also look different... especially Cassandra...

But hey at least we get to see Morrigan again altho I hope she isn't the bringer of doom and an enemy :-S also wondering what will happen with the kid I had with her xD

I am so hyped about it even though I know it will only come out q4 next year

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    hasn't bioware been significantly reforged since TOR? many people left, incuding the founders and more people came in?
    Or that did not invole the dragon age team maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    hasn't bioware been significantly reforged since TOR? many people left, incuding the founders and more people came in?
    Or that did not invole the dragon age team maybe?
    yeah there were some big changes but I think Dragon age 3 was already way into development by then...my main gripe is that I don't really like it when they change the art style of a game series between games... it's like watching lotr and first and second movies are done with great costumes and makeup and then in 3rd one they use 3D CGI and while it doesn't necessarily look worse it's different and doesn't feel like being part of the series...

Not to mention that changing protagonists all the time helps with that tremendously....