Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Shapeshifting and Disguises

Ferals and Guardians are both on the short end of the stick when it comes to disguises like the "Orb of the Sin'Dorei", "Noggenfogger Elixir" and so on. Shapeshifting cancels the effects of these disguises. But why? Why is it that these two specs cant play while using a disguise?

It cannot be because of technical limitations, because it does work when fighting Elegon in MSV, it does work when using the "Ashtongue Cowl" in Tempest Keep (the quest item that turns you into a Broken and you need to kill A'lar for the Ashtongue) and probably for a few other times aswell.

I think its time they solve this problem and let ferals and guardians do their thing while disguised. They already solved this for Balance and Resto, so why not for the other 2?

EDIT: As in solved for Resto because they removed the perma Tree of Life form and added the Glyph of Stars for Boomkins.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocheku View Post
    Ferals and Guardians are both on the short end of the stick when it comes to disguises like the "Orb of the Sin'Dorei", "Noggenfogger Elixir" and so on. Shapeshifting cancels the effects of these disguises. But why? Why is it that these two specs cant play while using a disguise?

It cannot be because of technical limitations, because it does work when fighting Elegon in MSV, it does work when using the "Ashtongue Cowl" in Tempest Keep (the quest item that turns you into a Broken and you need to kill A'lar for the Ashtongue) and probably for a few other times aswell.

I think its time they solve this problem and let ferals and guardians do their thing while disguised. They already solved this for Balance and Resto, so why not for the other 2?

EDIT: As in solved for Resto because they removed the perma Tree of Life form and added the Glyph of Stars for Boomkins.
    The biggest was during the children's week or winter festival where you had to kill X number of players while disguised as something. I put in a ticket and never got a response and I'm sure it will never be fixed. I know it's possible to do it because as you said it works with some things but not others. My guess is laziness and that it will never be fixed. So I wouldn't hold your breath.

Deleted
    Accually the boomkin glyph doesnt make us look like w/e - will will still go into "moonkin form" but we now just look like ourselves, just a bit faded. We still get to keep the buff and if we exit moonkin form we get the funky looks. Does this not work the same for ferals? Cannot test since im not at home. This would however make post #2 false aswell since i think that having the buff from the disguise is what counts and not accually looking like it.

But maybe this was added later.

Yes, this bothers me since 2005. Well, Noggenfogger was possible at some time (and was removed...). I think Blizzard said something like "It confuses players. They don't know in which form the druid is". Yeah, it is a stupid reason...

I really want to use these things like every other class in game. I want to look like a ninja, a pirate, or a skeleton at some times. But no, I'm a druid. :<

Deleted
    well, back in vanilla you used to be able to be able to shapeshift while using stuff like noggenfogger, only it kept the disguise, so basicly you were a polearm/mace swinging skeleton with 1.0 or less attack speed. Looked awesome.
    Last edited by mmoc5d999e555a; 2013-06-18 at 03:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Many years ago, there was a massive amount of crying by PvPers about how they couldn't tell a Druids spec when they where disguised (I guess looking at the rage,mana or energy bar was too much trouble).

And so here we are.

Frankly, what I miss is being a bear skin rug when dead.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Many years ago, there was a massive amount of crying by PvPers about how they couldn't tell a Druids spec when they where disguised (I guess looking at the rage,mana or energy bar was too much trouble).

And so here we are.

Frankly, what I miss is being a bear skin rug when dead.
    I use the bear /sleep emote liberally.

Also, I love the Feral's Feign Death from Symbiosis.

Whats worse is you can use the pot to look like someone else (a hunter shooting as an astral/vague looking fire feral druid) but you can't be a humanoid raking another player, or anything, you must be a cat/bear.

annoys me to pieces. Even if I could as a boomy look like another player then go astral form version of that but thats still a no
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

10+ Year Old Account
    well, back in vanilla you used to be able to be able to shapeshift while using stuff like noggenfogger, only it kept the disguise, so basicly you were a polearm/mace swinging skeleton with 1.0 or less attack speed. Looked awesome.
    Yeah it was awesome.

I also remember being able to use that fire druid disguise still in cataclysm as feral, but it didn't last long.

There's really no reason these days to not allow druids to use disguises or costumes.

I think this whole change was based on PvP, going into BGs looking like a skeleton and people being "confused" what you was. What imo is complete ballox. Everyone in pve is like "lol im nogg!" and can be anything they like and we get forced out of it. Its not a hard change to do.. i wish we could keep the cosmetic changes and go into forms. As far as i know you cant use anything that changes forms in BGs anymore anyway so.. whats the problem? i wanna be a skeleton in PvE shooting starfires into bosses... wish blizzard would change this. Atm the only "cosmetic" that wors for moonkins is the smite one. the firelands elf USE to work but blizzard changed that...

Don't try to exclude Moonkins and Resto Druids out of this. :[ Glyph of Stars doesn't help at all and usually you need to use Tree Form too often for the disguises to have their full effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Don't try to exclude Moonkins and Resto Druids out of this. :[ Glyph of Stars doesn't help at all and usually you need to use Tree Form too often for the disguises to have their full effect.
    Resto is far better than the others because you stay in caster form constantly aside from using ToL. And you could change to using FoN instead if you want to keep your disguise.

Deleted
    Them having it disabled for the sake of PvP is complete nonsense. There are so many ways to figure out in what form a druid would be.
    What about other classes with "stances"?

Herp de derp how do i know in what presence that DK is?

If thats the only concern then they could just make those items non-useable in PvP enviroments, as they do in Arena.
    Last edited by mmocf06effc4be; 2013-06-18 at 06:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The least they could do is to not let us wear disguises when shapeshifted, but at least let the buff not fade away after entering a form. This, and perhaps losing time on the disguise buff only when the disguise is visible (thus when we're not in any form) would absolutely make my day.

Have been annoyed for years about the fact that we can't use disguises...especially since I'm still a collector of this kind of stuff.

EDIT: Leyara's Locket used to work for quite a long time as well. This was during cataclysm, and again there was a lot of QQ about the fact that people couldn't in which form the druid currently was, because looking at the energy/mana/rage bar is hard. This is the only reason, which sucks. Still can be worked around so easily though, including through the fix mentioned above and a gazillion more. Seems like laziness to me...
    Last edited by Balduvian; 2013-06-18 at 09:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Resto is far better than the others because you stay in caster form constantly aside from using ToL. And you could change to using FoN instead if you want to keep your disguise.
    Displacer beast would like a word with you...

Also, in the Secrets of Ragefire (gob squad) scenario, you stay as a goblin all the time, no matter how many times you change form. Whacking stuff with a staff with sub-1.0 attack speed is awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    Displacer beast would like a word with you...

Also, in the Secrets of Ragefire (gob squad) scenario, you stay as a goblin all the time, no matter how many times you change form. Whacking stuff with a staff with sub-1.0 attack speed is awesome.
    Indeed. It just sucks to be the only class that cant properly use disguise items in combat.

15+ Year Old Account
    i miss the BT attunement quest where ou could fight as a dreanei
    and they also took away the druid of the flame look
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Druid of the flame was just a weapon deal, and they didn't even take it away now, just go pluck the seeds out of the firelands.

And yeah it's pretty lame most disguises are just plain removed as soon as you shift form, can't even let you keep them and just show when you're not in cat/bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    It would be cool but ultimately the complaints are somewhat justified. You rely on instant recognition to plan and defeat a druid in PvP, due to the fact they shift so often in PvP you couldnt really have them with a costume on 24/7. Its the trade off for having such a wide skill set.

Maybe they could make it so that the costume stays but doesnt affect you when ure in shifted forms. That would seem reasonable.
    This argument is horse shit.

Infracted. Be civil and constructive in your criticism
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2013-06-21 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    or dash
    or displacer beast
    or stampeding roar (unglyphed)
    or might or ursoc