Deleted

why would Garrosh really take up the same path his father took??

Can any1 plz tell me why it is that Garrosh, an orc who felt great shame over his father because Grom was the first to take up the demonic blodpact, would be willingly trying to follow in the footsteps of his father??

I just dont think blizzard can justify Garrosh selling off the purness of the orcs, when he has lived most of his life with the shame of his fathers sins??

Deleted
    cause doesnt see what he is doing as corrupting orcs, he sees that his actions will lead towards a pure Horde, a true Horde, an orc only Horde.
    he makes the decisions himself and isnt compelled to do them cause of demonic influence like his father and the orginal Horde was.

ofcourse we can see that the path while slightly different, will lead towards a similiar end. with Garrosh also becoming corrupt albeit be it from a different source.
    the main difference would be that his Father allowed himself too get tricked (twice even) and get corrupted, while Garrosh choose to go after this Sha power that can corrupt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    cause doesnt see what he is doing as corrupting orcs, he sees that his actions will lead towards a pure Horde, a true Horde, an orc only Horde.
    he makes the decisions himself and isnt compelled to do them cause of demonic influence like his father and the orginal Horde was.

ofcourse we can see that the path while slightly different, will lead towards a similiar end. with Garrosh also becoming corrupt albeit be it from a different source.
    the main difference would be that his Father allowed himself too get tricked (twice even) and get corrupted, while Garrosh choose to go after this Sha power that can corrupt.
    He pretty much sums it up. Both really did not have no Evil meaning to it. Both did it for the good of the horde(primaly orcs) And garrosh think The end justices the means. But he has such a big hatress to demonology, which corrupted his father, he does not see the corruption of Twilight magic and sha

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not EXACTLY the same path. It's also a matter of Grom selling himself (and his people) out as a matter of an easy way out. Garrosh is a douche who just happened to physically land himself in a place where being a douche will get you corrupted. He didn't actively choose it at first...he was corrupted by the sha incidentally because of his lust for power, and through that corruption, began making more and more choices that would result in further corruption. Old God-corruption is so much different than Demonic corruption. The Burning Legion actively recruits. Everyone who uses fel-corruption actually makes the choice to. The old gods are far more subtle, they work their way into the mind quietly. The Sha is even nastier for subtlty as a "dead" old god because it is raw primal emotions instead of that overtone of foaming-at-the-mouth gibbering madness that "alive but chained" gods cause.

The difference is that (in my mind) if Garrosh hadn't hit the shore...he wouldn't have gotten corrupted. He wouldn't have CHOSEN it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Blizzard needed villain for mist, so they pulled off the "random insanity lol" move they did with tbc bosses before.

Garrosh is simply so insane, im suprised he is still wearing pants. Also he should proclaim himself queen of cheese and butter in addition to warchief of true horde.

Deleted
    I disagree, Garrosh did bad, really bad things, and one of the devs (Cosac I think) said Garrosh is fully aware and in controll of what he does.
    Garrosh is of the old Horde, the Draenor Horde, he sees things different. That does by no means justify his actions, but still, it may explain why he chooses a path.

Garrosh did stupid and bad things from the beginning, and though people tried to push him in a different direction, he still went the way to his coming end.

Blizzard wanted to tell the Orc falling story in a more modern, exposed environment. Garrosh was the paper they used to retell the story.

Quote Originally Posted by ManjiSanji View Post
    Blizzard wanted to tell the Orc falling story in a more modern, exposed environment. Garrosh was the paper they used to retell the story.
    "retell" is a kind word.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why can't people get this into there head. He is using the sha as a WEAPON he is in no way, shape or form corrupted. He is using the sha ,the sha are not using him. Even blizzard said themselves he is using it much the same way as a hammer yet people still want to say his corrupted.

Grom was corrupted and forced to do the things he did. Garrosh is not forced. He is doing it to his own accord.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Why can't people get this into there head. He is using the sha as a WEAPON he is in no way, shape or form corrupted. He is using the sha ,the sha are not using him. Even blizzard said themselves he is using it much the same way as a hammer yet people still want to say his corrupted.

Grom was corrupted and forced to do the things he did. Garrosh is not forced. He is doing it to his own accord.
    Corrupted can be used in a different way. You and I can become corrupt leaders, and it's the same thing for Garrosh as his greed lead to him becoming a corrupt leader; a tyrant essentially. Likewise, I think you could probably say the that he has become corrupt in the sense that he is no longer a pure Orc, but more of a sha. The sha may not have forced anything on him, but he certainly changed as he became another creature. The shortest way of seeing it would be this: One day you wake up as a cat, and suddenly your instincts are different and your desires are different....You want cat food now and feel the urge to bite and scratch; same concept for Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitobunny View Post
    Corrupted can be used in a different way. You and I can become corrupt leaders, and it's the same thing for Garrosh as his greed lead to him becoming a corrupt leader; a tyrant essentially. Likewise, I think you could probably say the that he has become corrupt in the sense that he is no longer a pure Orc, but more of a sha. The sha may not have forced anything on him, but he certainly changed as he became another creature. The shortest way of seeing it would be this: One day you wake up as a cat, and suddenly your instincts are different and your desires are different....You want cat food now and feel the urge to bite and scratch; same concept for Garrosh.
    Yes that is all true. But the people here use it as in he is not in control of himself. Which he fully is.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFang View Post
    Can any1 plz tell me why it is that Garrosh, an orc who felt great shame over his father because Grom was the first to take up the demonic blodpact, would be willingly trying to follow in the footsteps of his father??

I just dont think blizzard can justify Garrosh selling off the purness of the orcs, when he has lived most of his life with the shame of his fathers sins??
    When you listen to the sound file of Garrosh, as he throws every insult he can at Thrall, he goes as far to insults him on having warlocks in the horde under his nose.
    now consider all Garrosh has done to the good elements in the horde, he's turned shamans into something as evil as any warlock, when shamans use to be one of the only good elements in the orcs society.

Garrosh believes only what believes to be evil or bad is all that matters, he doesn't consider the corrupting aspect of what he orders his own people to do and the effect he has on its society. He wants to blame and hold everyone else accountable for doing bad things, well believing himself to be a paragon for his own people, even when theres a strong chance he could break the orcs link to the elements and ancestral spirits completely.

This is what a despot does. they live in there own bubble, they look at everyone else as the bad guys.

---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 12:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baskrik View Post
    I disagree, Garrosh did bad, really bad things, and one of the devs (Cosac I think) said Garrosh is fully aware and in controll of what he does.
    Garrosh is of the old Horde, the Draenor Horde, he sees things different. That does by no means justify his actions, but still, it may explain why he chooses a path.

Garrosh did stupid and bad things from the beginning, and though people tried to push him in a different direction, he still went the way to his coming end.
    Its as I say, Garrosh likely is in compelte control of his actions, but that doesn't mean what he does is based on any sense of morality, or able to see the damage he's done to his own kind.
    Shamans subjecting the elements, as history has taught, when the orcs fucked around with demonic magics, the elements and the spirits abandoned them. Do people think what these dark shamans are doing will not have the same result?
    #boycottchina

Deleted

Yeah i always thought it was kinda silly of him to take the horde into a spiral of agression and that he would like is father divide the horde into 2..
    If you rember the WC3, at the end of the horde campaign you ended up figthing agains other orc members.. But that had drank demonic blood.. The sha is basicly the same.. And the "he dosent see it as corrupting the orcs" could be said for his father has well.. When the orcs drank the blood of the pit lord they did it knowing what it was.. And they were thrilled by the power it gave them.. Much like garrosh and some of his orc lunatics.. They just see it as a means to get more power..

Also i always go back to the time when you talked with garrosh in nagrand: You are an honorable <race>, <name>. You have done much for the Mag'har. No one could ever deny your service to my people. Alas, the time of the Mag'har is at an end. You have shown me, more than anything, that I am unfit to lead these people. My cursed blood runs too deep. I will not... I cannot become the second Hellscream to damn the orcs.

Seems he was rigth all along..

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing you need to understand is, Garrosh honestly doesn't believe he is dragging the horde down a dark path. Everything he's done shows this, how he regards the orcs as the only race that matters, how he fortifies orgrimmar and orc bases, how he gathers dark powers to empower his own soldiers.
    He saw the corruption of grom as shame because he see's demons as being the ultimate evil, but never has Garrosh admitted that Grom fucked up and made mistakes.
    Thrall told him Grom screwed up, and Garrosh reacted to this with rage, to Garrosh, he keeps yelling 'the demons did it, the demons did it!'.

This is why what Garrosh is doing now, is the same thing his father did, in believing its okay to use artifacts or things of power to crush your enemies, because just like grom, who believes drinking demons blood was just a weapon to empower him to kill his enemies with, Garrosh is doing exactly the same thing.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-06-22 at 11:34 AM.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    It's about "selling-out" and "full control". Garrosh believes that his father and the Old Horde sold out to the demons and the fel magic, but that he (Garrosh) is in full control of every action of the Horde, including using Old God power to lead to victory.

In other words, he is a hypocrite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post

well i could say that grom used the demonic blood as a weapen too.... the demon blood made the orcs stronger and more fierce, it was a power steroid just like the sha is a force that empowers the user at a cost.

---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 02:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zarry View Post
    Yeah i always thought it was kinda silly of him to take the horde into a spiral of agression and that he would like is father divide the horde into 2..
    If you rember the WC3, at the end of the horde campaign you ended up figthing agains other orc members.. But that had drank demonic blood.. The sha is basicly the same.. And the "he dosent see it as corrupting the orcs" could be said for his father has well.. When the orcs drank the blood of the pit lord they did it knowing what it was.. And they were thrilled by the power it gave them.. Much like garrosh and some of his orc lunatics.. They just see it as a means to get more power..

Also i always go back to the time when you talked with garrosh in nagrand: You are an honorable <race>, <name>. You have done much for the Mag'har. No one could ever deny your service to my people. Alas, the time of the Mag'har is at an end. You have shown me, more than anything, that I am unfit to lead these people. My cursed blood runs too deep. I will not... I cannot become the second Hellscream to damn the orcs.

Seems he was rigth all along..
    well yeah, we can get in place that both of them dont see what they were/are doing is wrong, and is only making The Horde stronger, but when Grom did not see the dark path he was going down, Garrosh did so he should be able to(maybe more then any1 else) see when things are turning dark

10+ Year Old Account
    well i could say that grom used the demonic blood as a weapen too.... the demon blood made the orcs stronger and more fierce, it was a power steroid just like the sha is a force that empowers the user at a cost.[COLOR="red"]
    Yes, its fu**ing annoying how people can't seem to get that similarity here. Demons blood as a rage steriod that makes the orcs into unstopable killing machines. Sha or old god corruption that makes the orcs into, well, THIS, how people can't see the connection between the two, its orcs using dark forces that corrupts them into unnatural versions of themselves. Its the same thing as Grom and his warsong did.
    #boycottchina

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because Thrall made the little crybaby idolize his father. Well it seems he's trying to remake the Horde in the vision of his daddy, and conquer Azeroth with it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Dembai View Post
    It's not EXACTLY the same path. It's also a matter of Grom selling himself (and his people) out as a matter of an easy way out. Garrosh is a douche who just happened to physically land himself in a place where being a douche will get you corrupted. He didn't actively choose it at first...he was corrupted by the sha incidentally because of his lust for power, and through that corruption, began making more and more choices that would result in further corruption. Old God-corruption is so much different than Demonic corruption. The Burning Legion actively recruits. Everyone who uses fel-corruption actually makes the choice to. The old gods are far more subtle, they work their way into the mind quietly. The Sha is even nastier for subtlty as a "dead" old god because it is raw primal emotions instead of that overtone of foaming-at-the-mouth gibbering madness that "alive but chained" gods cause.

The difference is that (in my mind) if Garrosh hadn't hit the shore...he wouldn't have gotten corrupted. He wouldn't have CHOSEN it.
    No. This isn't how it works.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."