Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Your guild - is there smth you dont like?

Im a faithful to my guild for 3 years now, its my 3rd guild since TBC. I just love being in my guild, I love ppl, raids, most of stuff.
    But there is one thing I always hated - achievement raids. We raid 3-4 times a week in ToT, but sometimes, out-of-blue-sky, raid leader decides we are going to do achievment runs in some T14 raid. Aparently, its because some members asked for it.
    For me its a waste of time, since we didnt finish our progress and didnt kill all t15 bosses and I dont care about achieves at all. Since we sign up for raids a week in advance, I just dont know when this achiv raid gonna happen and cant skip it.
    Somehow Im feeling used for doing things I dont like, just to cater to achieve hunters.

Anyone got similar issues with their guild?

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand where you're coming from, but your leader isn't paying to play everyone's account. If you don't want to do achieve runs, just tell him/her no, talk to them about it. Tell them you're there to raid new content and progress, someone else can take your place for the achieve runs. Not sure how big of a guild you have, if you have a large guild, it shouldn't be hard for someone to fill your role.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Why would any guild that does any type of HC content want to gimp their HC progression to do achieves that can just as easy be finished on Alts with shared achieves. If you are just doing normals who cares it might take 10 min extra and you dont lose out on any HC loot. When I did my T14 meta achieves we did two off days with "Bring a alt or dont do the meta this tier" And I see no problems with it.

Deleted
    Not really... my guild is awesome.

if you don't want to do something don't do it?
    Just be upfront with your raid leader, if he's a reasonable person then he'll pug another person to fill your spot in that raid and you wont have to go.

I'm fucking bored to hell doing normal tot bosses over and over again with the same tactics we used to kill them for the first time, every time I ask about the achievements they get shrugged off, every time we come across boss we've killed on heroic a couple times we kill it on normal because we have some new guy with only 520 ilvl.

i had the same issues with ulduar (loved ulduar, didnt love going back for achieves with the new retards who couldnt even do it on normal)

old content achievement runs are for when you clear current rogression for the week and have real raid time left over.

No idea nobody talks in any of the guilds I've been in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    I'm fucking bored to hell doing normal tot bosses over and over again with the same tactics we used to kill them for the first time, every time I ask about the achievements they get shrugged off, every time we come across boss we've killed on heroic a couple times we kill it on normal because we have some new guy with only 520 ilvl.
    sounds like you need to find a new guild

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Im a faithful to my guild for 3 years now, its my 3rd guild since TBC. I just love being in my guild, I love ppl, raids, most of stuff.
    But there is one thing I always hated - achievement raids. We raid 3-4 times a week in ToT, but sometimes, out-of-blue-sky, raid leader decides we are going to do achievment runs in some T14 raid. Aparently, its because some members asked for it.
    For me its a waste of time, since we didnt finish our progress and didnt kill all t15 bosses and I dont care about achieves at all. Since we sign up for raids a week in advance, I just dont know when this achiv raid gonna happen and cant skip it.
    Somehow Im feeling used for doing things I dont like, just to cater to achieve hunters.

Anyone got similar issues with their guild?
    If you are the type of guild that does not complete the content while it is relevant some times an achievement run is needed. Suck it up be a team player. There is already too much selfishness exhibited by players of this game.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I love my guild, been with them for nearly a decade. Our GM is too nice though, we've got a couple of scrubs that's holding us back but he's too nice to replace them. Before it was because we were on a dead server and it was impossible to recruit. We've recently moved to Stormrage though so that wouldn't be a problem, but I don't think he'd consider it now anyway. Still love my guild though, it's home.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Well, I kinda dislike that it's dead....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I GM both an alliance and horde guild on Whisperwind, and the only thing I don't like is that hardly anybody plays anymore. My alliance guild is almost 2.5 years old. We have about 90 accounts in the guild. It was common, even as short a time ago as 5 months, to have 10 - 20 people on at a time. Now, I see no more than 4 or 5, and even that is a stretch. And I know it isn't anything I am doing because I gave up my guild for 3 months due to a health issue, and when I logged back in I kept hearing from members that they wanted me back as GM..... Fortunately the guy I gave the guild to hated being GM and passed it back to me.

As far as my Horde guild, well, I never expected that to be a big guild.... how can it be these days when the server is 93% alliance, and the guild was just started in April? Pretty much the whole faction is guilded with level 25 guilds. There are 10 accounts in that guild, and only 1 player who was not also part of my alliance guild.

So that is it.... just lack of people playing. I was hoping 5.3 would bring people back, but no such luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Asuna-San View Post
    I understand where you're coming from, but your leader isn't paying to play everyone's account. If you don't want to do achieve runs, just tell him/her no, talk to them about it. Tell them you're there to raid new content and progress, someone else can take your place for the achieve runs. Not sure how big of a guild you have, if you have a large guild, it shouldn't be hard for someone to fill your role.
    Yes, I was thinking of talking to RL, but Im afraid I will become an unfriendly and non-helpful person (which Im not) and ppl would start to avoid me. And since I signed up for raids and being picked, Im supposed to be available whereever we go according to guild rules. Taking someone else is an option, but if ppl are not picked for a raid, they just dont log or just say they planned the evening doing smth else, so there is not much alternative for me than just go.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 03:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    If you are the type of guild that does not complete the content while it is relevant some times an achievement run is needed. Suck it up be a team player. There is already too much selfishness exhibited by players of this game.
    Problem is Im sucking it up for very long, from Wotlk. Therefore Im feeling like too generous, not selfish at all.
    Maybe it is other way around, maybe Im being used for someothers selfish reasons(achieves)?

Deleted
    Yes, I was thinking of talking to RL, but Im afraid I will become an unfriendly and non-helpful person (which Im not) and ppl would start to avoid me. And since I signed up for raids and being picked, Im supposed to be available whereever we go according to guild rules. Taking someone else is an option, but if ppl are not picked for a raid, they just dont log or just say they planned the evening doing smth else, so there is not much alternative for me than just go.

Problem is Im sucking it up for very long, from Wotlk. Therefore Im feeling like too generous, not selfish at all.
    Maybe it is other way around, maybe Im being used for someothers selfish reasons(achieves)?
    You have two options: you either talk to the raid leader and express how you feel and take the consequences (if there are any, you know better than me how mature they are) or you just suck it up and do the achievement run and learn to love it.

If I was in this situation I would just talk to the RL. if they decide to be children about it then is all good, I'll find another guild without those issues.

I have two problems with my guild,

1. We regularly (once or twice a week) have raids missing 1-2 of our core players and this usually costs us in progression. We're currently 3/13h but I feel like we'd be around 6/13h by now if it weren't for this problem.

2. Officers want us to swap to a 25-man format, starting this week. I don't necessarily have a problem with being in a 25-man guild (indeed, I was in such guilds from BC through almost the end of WotLK), but I do not like format changes. We have 10ish people that already know all of the fights that we've killed and worked on, but now we're going to add 15ish more people who probably don't know those fights at all. I expect half of those people to leave by the end of the first week just because they're likely expecting 3/13h progress and, instead, are likely to cause us to wipe to heroic Jin'rohk for about an hour or so. Then we'll recruit more people next week, maybe get a little further, maybe not. In the end, I expect to lose some of our core players to better guilds and for us to have to fall back on 10-man as an ultimately weaker raid. If things happen as I'm predicting, I'll probably have to find a new guild as well, which I'm really not interested in doing.

I truly hope that my expectation for #2 doesn't come true, but I don't really expect it to happen any other way. I 100% believe in my guildies, but I have no reason to believe in these new players that have just been recruited.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Does your core group complete all heroic/achievements prior to the next tier? If so, simply say no if you do not feel compelled to help other players achieve what you have already. On the other hand, if you are the type of guild that runs multiple groups so that you have cushion to poach from when a raider is out for the night then what reason do the ancillary groups have for sticking around in your guild if they are not offered the help to catch up the the core players after the core players are complete? It can be a fine balance trying to keep bench players around.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 11:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I have two problems with my guild,

1. We regularly (once or twice a week) have raids missing 1-2 of our core players and this usually costs us in progression. We're currently 3/13h but I feel like we'd be around 6/13h by now if it weren't for this problem.

2. Officers want us to swap to a 25-man format, starting this week. I don't necessarily have a problem with being in a 25-man guild (indeed, I was in such guilds from BC through almost the end of WotLK), but I do not like format changes. We have 10ish people that already know all of the fights that we've killed and worked on, but now we're going to add 15ish more people who probably don't know those fights at all. I expect half of those people to leave by the end of the first week just because they're likely expecting 3/13h progress and, instead, are likely to cause us to wipe to heroic Jin'rohk for about an hour or so. Then we'll recruit more people next week, maybe get a little further, maybe not. In the end, I expect to lose some of our core players to better guilds and for us to have to fall back on 10-man as an ultimately weaker raid. If things happen as I'm predicting, I'll probably have to find a new guild as well, which I'm really not interested in doing.

I truly hope that my expectation for #2 doesn't come true, but I don't really expect it to happen any other way. I 100% believe in my guildies, but I have no reason to believe in these new players that have just been recruited.

Currently 25 man is the way to go if you are having trouble downing the content. It is easier to complete with a couple of incompetant players in the mix. It is a lot more forgiving. However if your problem is already attendance it really sounds like a no brainer that you should stay tens.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarela View Post
    sounds like you need to find a new guild
    wish it was that simple :P

But it is that simple. One of the biggest detractors to the raiding community is players that stay in guilds past their usefulness. You don't think that the top players give a hoot about their current Alma matter past the day they can move to a guild that is doing it faster do you? Yet there are piddly little guilds that barely ever scrape by preliminary content that will have one or two very good players that choose not to move do to misplaced loyalty when rarely their "friends" care about anything other than filling that raid spot and continuing to keep it afloat.

It is..apply to another guild and type /gquit

I am GM of a guild. I would never require people to raid old content, and hence therefor would never schedule a raid other than progression for my main group. If your raid lead/gm REQUIRES you to run old content, I would look for a new guild. First, I would try talking to him and mention that you prefer to run new content only as old content does not appeal to you. If he doesn't like the answer then I would move on to a guild that better fits your values and what you would like to do in game