H Durumu as Demo

Hey, guys. My raid leader wanted me to go Demo for Lei Shen, so I got rid of my Destro spec. Things are going fine except I have no idea what to do with Durumu's ice walls. Am I just supposed to get up as close to them as possible and Hellfire? What about the far walls while we're running the maze? Harvest Life didn't seem to be doing much damage compared to what F&B used to do so I'm assuming I'm not supposed to use it, but we cut it so much closer than we used to. The walls were practically on top of us before they were broken, which is pretty unusual for farm.

I've only done it once as Demo so far and I didn't take MF, so I'll be trying that next time unless you guys suggest otherwise. I've always done top damage on the walls even over our Ele Shaman, so the difference was really noticeable.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaderavia View Post
    Hey, guys. My raid leader wanted me to go Demo for Lei Shen, so I got rid of my Destro spec. Things are going fine except I have no idea what to do with Durumu's ice walls. Am I just supposed to get up as close to them as possible and Hellfire? What about the far walls while we're running the maze? Harvest Life didn't seem to be doing much damage compared to what F&B used to do so I'm assuming I'm not supposed to use it, but we cut it so much closer than we used to. The walls were practically on top of us before they were broken, which is pretty unusual for farm.

I've only done it once as Demo so far and I didn't take MF, so I'll be trying that next time unless you guys suggest otherwise. I've always done top damage on the walls even over our Ele Shaman, so the difference was really noticeable.
    Take MF. Save 2 charges of shadowflame if they'll live the duration of the DOT, otherwise do chaos wave, use DS on the pull, then again on the walls before first maze. I go into it with as much fury as possible, wave/flame off the boss, Immo Aura on top of him, and use service for double felstorm on first set while leaving some fury to do some dps on the move during the. I'll always have single felstorm on 2nd, though I'm usually stuck eating the remainder of the first life drain during 2nd walls with bargain and I can't actually dps the second set of walls ; ;

But yeah, take MF. It's a huge difference as demo for walls.

Destro is better for Durumu than Demo though...
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    Destro is better for Durumu than Demo though...
    It's not as far apart as you think. At least on 10H, most of the parses in the top 50 for demo/destro are virtually even, so you can honestly flip a coin and be fine. If the OP is used to destro over demo, I'd just stay destruction. But since he was asking primarily about demonology, I gave him the answers he wanted for demo.

For Ice Walls is it best to go demon form, put up immo aura and use Harvest Life, I've seen most of the top warlocks doing this, was just wondering if Harvest Life or Void Ray was a better use of your Fury?

I already know that Destro performs incredibly well since that was my previous spec. But I have to keep my Aff spec because I'm on slowing duty for other fights. I've never wanted tri-spec more than I do this tier.