Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    The thing is: Only 2 people are not enough to survive the Static Shock.
    There are 4 corners and u have 10 people.
    So you could spread anywhere and assure that allways at least 3people go into an static shock. Thats really chaotic.
    So the 3-3-2-2 tactic came out.
    So you have an order an assure that no adds came out in p2. But the problem is here: In the corners with the 2 people there are not enough people to survive the shock.
    Tanks dont get the shock. So all you want to do is: Send one tank and one dd who can soak it to this 2man corners.
    Other ways are:
    4-4-1-1. Each tank is alone in one corner.
    Advantage: U dont need soakers.
    Disadvantage: The tanks sometimes get 2 blue whirls so either one person run from another corner to the tank which ends in chaos or the tanks get one and then the other resulting in one big add.
    In the result you and your raid must decide. We tried 4-4-1-1 for the first few tries but didn't thought it was right.
    Now we go with 3-3-2-2 solosoaking our hunter and me and all wents fine in p2.
    Some things u have to rethink before u solosoak in an 3person-group.
    If u stand as mage together with 2 guys and u iceblock u dont count as person so the dmg is not split between 3. Its split between the other 2 guys left out so they will die.
    Same for PaladinBubble.
    If u really want to solosoak in a more-person-corner shout it in vent/ts and dont go together.

BTW: Solosoaking is in my thought the normal strategy. All other things are really really chaotic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    It is not "needed", and of course you can choose not to use it at all - it will make the encounter simply more difficult. And it is no by-pass at all, it simply is playing as intended.
    But especially if you are not yet heroic geared (the 50k more stamina make a giant difference there) it helps a lot. Even if two people soak, having it powered up a little bit will cause both to get 500k+ damage, and quite simple if you have less life you die. So it is wise to assign people capable of solosoaking or mitigating damage (15% less damage from shadowform, moonkin etc. are very noticeable in this fight) in the 2 men corners.
    So, when using the 2-3-2-3 setup we should put the Shadowpriest and me in 1 quarter, Hunter and RestoDruid(symbio-deterence) in another?
    And when soaking, no-one of the group stands in your circle, right? (Just to be sure )

I have 524K health raidbuffed so that takes small margins of error when things go wrong.

I also saw the 1-4-4-1 setup (tanks soloing a quarter), I passed the info to our raid-leader so maybe we're going to try that too but since we have 4 people being capable of soaking I think he decides to stick to 2-3-2-3.

Thanks for the fast headsup.
    _____
    WoW-Europe ... /wow/en/character/runetotem/Niterage/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Neonore View Post
    So, when using the 2-3-2-3 setup we should put the Shadowpriest and me in 1 quarter, Hunter and RestoDruid(symbio-deterence) in another?
    And when soaking, no-one of the group stands in your circle, right? (Just to be sure )

I have 524K health raidbuffed so that takes small margins of error when things go wrong.

I also saw the 1-4-4-1 setup (tanks soloing a quarter), I passed the info to our raid-leader so maybe we're going to try that too but since we have 4 people being capable of soaking I think he decides to stick to 2-3-2-3.

Thanks for the fast headsup.
    Yes, this seems quite reasonable. With ironhawk and barkskin (and depending who has less life iron bark) this group should also be able to two-soak if one of them should get the debuff twice, and same applies to your group (the shadow with 15% less damage and selfshielded, you with g invis, and when g invis is on CD with icebarrier and some luck).

And yes, of course if someone uses a "greater" cooldown (iceblock, ginvis, deterrence, dispersion) no one else stands in the circle.

Deleted
    No. U send one tank + one soaker in the corners with 2 people and 1 heal+2dds in the other corner (2heal+1dd if u go with 3 healer)
    Dont send shadow or Resto as solosoaker. It could happen that u have to soak 2 Shocks in one intermission. As mage u have GI and IB. Hunter have readiness for a second immunecast.
    Shadow and Druid have 1 big immunecast and some lesser. Some lesser could be enough. Maybe or maybe not. Send a tank. He dont get the shock.

You get something wrong here: For 4-4-1-1 u dont need anyone solosoaking. You send the tanks solo and they dont get the shock. For 3-3-2-2 u need 2 solosoaker like explained above.

Also this goes beyond mage. Look here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...activate-Level

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey all! I just want to clarify, 1st intermission = me&restodruid 2nd = me&restodruid&tankdruid. Anyway, we got our kill last night! The problem we were having was simple, we were pushing him into 2nd intermission with TOO MUCH ENERGY! Causing him to deal stupid dmg with Static Shock! Once we adjusted the strat we got him down in no time. Thanks again to everyone for the advice.

To anyone interested we:

Disabled Diffusion Chain
    First intermission stacked 3-3-2-2
    Disabled Overcharge
    Leveled Static Shock and pushed to 30% soon as the energy bar reset
    Second intermission stacked 3-3-3-tank floated between all

we used hero right when we got to Static Shock conduit (went to overcharge > bouncing bolt > static shock last) and had no problems in the last phase without it. So happy to finally have him dead !
    Last edited by Madcloud; 2013-06-19 at 12:17 PM.

Although in P2 transition you need to completely topped if your soaking with greater invis and no other cd such as a priest shield, ice barrier, or guard. A solo soak at 543il and around 600k health will take me down to 10-15ish%, so just be careful. Not sure about 10 man as this is in 25 man heroic.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 01:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Madcloud View Post
    So happy to finally have him dead !
    Congratulations on your kill! That's awesome! I know it truly is an epic fight that everybody should do even if it's next tier.

A solo soak at 543il and around 600k health will take me down to 10-15ish%, so just be careful. Not sure about 10 man as this is in 25 man heroic.
    Actually is much easier in 10m - without barrier, and simultaneous orb soaking it hitted me for 190k ish, with barrier, probably due to interaction between GInv damage reduction and absorb (i think its aplied twice) i rarely saw hits more than 20-30k (510k hp, 525 gear).

Causing him to deal stupid dmg with Static Shock! Once we adjusted the strat we got him down in no time. Thanks again to everyone for the advice.
    This could have been solved by overloading overcharge. Almost all classes have 1 'jailfree' ability + human racial (/flex), and bolts are not that hard to catch even if you are stunned.

No reason not to use ice barrier if its off cd but yeah it isn't required to solo soak with greater invis