Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    why are people suggesting Shao Hao will appear in the raid? He has nothing to do with anything other then pandaria, and teaching a lesson of the past from that.
    It would make more sense if Taran Zhu appears there, actually. If he was already that pissed off at what happened to the Vale in 5.3, he must be totally flipping tables by now.

Ive always hoped it would be something like Varian giving Vol'Jin the okay to finish off Garrosh, or something similar, to appease both sides.

lets be honest, Vol'jin is going to be the new warchief. With his updated model and the focus of him in the lore and the new book, no character would get that much development without something big planned for him/her later. Now honestly i don't like the idea at all, I want Baine to be the new Warchief, but that ain't happening.

But why does it have to be Vol'jin or Varian, why not both? You know super combo attack go! They might even pull a mecha-shiva to end mean old garrosh

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vol'jin has.
    Vol'jin showed up for 2 of the patches. Varian showed up for all 4.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    the most logically choices would be;
    saurfang or vol'jin
    prehaps jaina or varian, but as mad they are. saurfang and voljin should have prio.
    considering they already clashed with garrosh before the alliance did.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    The Alliance will likely see interference from Varian and Jaina while the Horde see Thrall (SIGH) and Vol'jin. Shao Hao being a neutral party both see.

Both sides get the same buffs and such with the only difference being the RP narration and the model of who's giving them to you.

Who gets the canon kill is up in the air.
    I really hope that we don't see two separate cut scenes. All that will do is fuel the rage, and cause confusion in the canon. More than likely, however, it will end up being either Voljin, or Jaina, or a combination of the two (Shit has changed since MoP dropped, but these two were both the "Voices of Reason" in their factions, and they have both wanted to work together in the past.)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thinks Vol'jin for the Horde side, Varian for the Alliance, and maybe a few other characters from each side to mix it up, everyone wants a piece of Garrosh. :P

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Vol'jin showed up for 2 of the patches. Varian showed up for all 4.
    vol'jin gets a novel about it.. whats varian got?
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Pfft, Thrall of course. A shame.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by junkshop23 View Post
    I really hope that we don't see two separate cut scenes. All that will do is fuel the rage, and cause confusion in the canon. More than likely, however, it will end up being either Voljin, or Jaina, or a combination of the two (Shit has changed since MoP dropped, but these two were both the "Voices of Reason" in their factions, and they have both wanted to work together in the past.)
    I agree. There must not be two alternative endings, the storyline must remain coherent. The only way to achieve this without ignoring the other faction is to have characters from both sides participating in the fight. I think this could be plausible, given that the Alliance and the rebels have already co-operated at least to some degree. It doesn't have to seem like the characters are being best buddies, but more like simply fighting a common foe, just like in the Mists of Pandaria cinematic. Hell, that'd actually make a nice contrast, completing the circle in a way.

And here's my pure speculation and/or personal hope of how the ending will go. Thrall has been imprisoned by Garrosh, so he will not participate in the fight. Saurfang has encountered Garrosh before, attempting to fulfill his promise, but failed to bring him down. Varian, Jaina, Vol'jin and Baine will encounter Garrosh along with the players. Some other Alliance leaders and Lor'themar should play a role in the raid too, but I don't think they necessarily need to show up in the final fight.
    Last edited by mmocf51f9d58e4; 2013-06-18 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kejer View Post
    Just read through some lines between Vol'jin and Garrosh.
    "I will be dere to end ya rule, swiftly and silently."
    "for when tha time comes and ya blood be slowly drainin' out, ya will know exactly who fired da arrow dat pierced ya black heart"

Will you be satisfied if Vol'jin kills Garrosh in this way - Garrosh owning players and all of a suddern out of nowhere an arrow to the heart ?
    Watch Vol'jin shoot the heart in the middle of the throne room during the boss and Saurfang kills Garrosh himself LK cinematic style problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Milzorn View Post
    I agree. There must not be two alternative endings, the storyline must remain coherent. The only way to achieve this without ignoring the other faction is to have characters from both sides participating in the fight. I think this could be plausible, given that the Alliance and the rebels have already co-operated at least to some degree. It doesn't have seem like the characters are being best buddies, but more like simply fighting a common foe, just like in the Mists of Pandaria cinematic. Hell, that'd actually make a nice contrast, completing the circle in a way.
    Yeah it should be something like Jaina with the power of the Thunder King knocking Garrosh down (or binding him still with lightning or something), and then Vol'jin delivering the actual blow.

And then afterwards, Vol'jin saying something to the Alliance along the lines of "Ya best be gettin' along, de Horde have some healin' ta do, 'n you dun wanna be here when it becomes known de Alliance helped keel de Warchief."

Vol'jin is much much more likely to be the one, rather than Varian Wrynn.

Varian's been passive toward Garrosh, at least compared to Vol'jin. Vol'jin literally stated that he was going to be the one to finish Garrosh off, and their hatred for one another is a lot more compelling when you consider that they were a part of the same Horde at one point.

A combination of characters would be nice. I don't want them making two different versions of what happens because all that does is betray the story for the sake of pleasing both sides of the playerbase, as opposed to just making an ending that will be believable to everyone and make everyone somewhat happy. A lot of people have a beef with Garrosh, but I think Vol'jin will be the one to deliver the final blow.

Probably Varian, the Alliance's cookie of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Quanee View Post
    In my opinion it might come down to all Leaders of the Horde (aka Sylvanas, Vol'jin, Baine, Lor'themar) + Chen beating the crap out of Garrosh at the very end.
    Like that scene in grindhouse where the girls beat the shit out of the guy and then crush his face in with a downward heel.

How about..

Saurfang runs in and swings his axe into his gut, bringing him down to his knees.
    Vol'jin shoots an arrow into his chest, pushing him back a bit, Boromir style.
    Then Varian jumps down from a balcony and decapitates him.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2013-06-18 at 11:14 PM.

Deleted
    Vol'jin, Baine Bloodhoof, Jaina, Varian and Anduin sidekicking for Wrathion.

10+ Year Old Account
    why are people suggesting Shao Hao will appear in the raid? He has nothing to do with anything other then pandaria, and teaching a lesson of the past from that.
    Wouldn't be the weirdest thing for him to show up somewhere early on, with the Sha of Pride as the last boss you face in the Pandaria section of the raid. It'd be fine even if he didn't though, the quest in 5.3 worked as a sole appearance.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Wouldn't be the weirdest thing for him to show up somewhere early on, with the Sha of Pride as the last boss you face in the Pandaria section of the raid. It'd be fine even if he didn't though, the quest in 5.3 worked as a sole appearance.
    Considering the final boss is as much Y'shaarj as it is Garrosh, I suspect he may make an appearance.

Plus he's the major driving force behind the expansion. As he first created the Sha, he created the mists, and he refused to seal away Pride.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Saurfang said he'd kill Garrosh, remember? Back in Northrend? No? Anyone?