Poll: When would you use this glyph?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Naeny View Post
    It would make insanity way to strong in pvp being able to channel your burst while kiting melee, at least that's why i believe blizzard is not doing anything about it.
    They could let Mind Flay be castable while moving, but MF:I not. Would make that tier of talents more interresting as well...

that would require tons of effort, which blizz doesn't want to spend on spriests when there are mages and warlocks to please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicebox View Post
    They could let Mind Flay be castable while moving, but MF:I not. Would make that tier of talents more interresting as well...
    As much as this makes sense, I can't see them putting that much effort into a glyph. Something that allows you to cast while moving, but slow you for 30%, and will not activate MF:I while moving, but if stood still, will activate MF:I. Don't get me wrong I'm all for the idea, I just really can't see Blizzard doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    Don't get me wrong, Mind Sear is as useful as tits on a bull, but let's not get carried away here.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphia View Post
    As much as this makes sense, I can't see them putting that much effort into a glyph. Something that allows you to cast while moving, but slow you for 30%, and will not activate MF:I while moving, but if stood still, will activate MF:I. Don't get me wrong I'm all for the idea, I just really can't see Blizzard doing it.
    Glyphs will never affect talents, as it would defeat the whole purpose of the new talent system.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Glyphs will never affect talents, as it would defeat the whole purpose of the new talent system.
    That's the thing... It wouldn't affect the talent in the way you think at first sight.
    It would affect your normal Mind Flays. Indirectly, Mind Flay: Insanity would make you lose mobility for more burst while using the glyph, while the other talent choices wouldn't be affected. I think this would go in line with their goal with that tier of talents.

It would work like this;
    Glyph of the Quick Mind.
    Your Mind Flay can now be cast while moving, but the slowing effect is reversed upon yourself.
    Does not stack with Glyph of Mind Flay, and does not work with Shadow Word: Insanity.
    Just like an unglyphed MF, cancelling the cast would mean you're not slowing anymore.
    We can't have the current glyph of mind flay stack with it, that would offset the slow on ourselves.
    Doesn't affect MF:I, meaning Insanity as a talent isn't affected. Because of this, PVP burst wont be affected to warrant nerfs.

I'll see if I can sum it up;
    • PVP burst with Mind Flay: Insanity unaffected.
    • Interresting choice for PVP between MF static + increased run speed or MF movement + selfsnare.
    • PVE Single target affected the most in terms of PVE DPS. (Relatively small gain, but still a needed one. Multidot fights = less MFs, so less of a gain)
    • Creates an interresting tradeoff where with the glyph you'd trade mobility for extra burst in the 3rd row of talents.
    • Fun! Shadow would finally get some love again while not really affecting the aspects that currently makes Shadow strong.

What's your thoughts?
    Last edited by Juicebox; 2013-06-25 at 07:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of the Quick Mind.
    Your Mind Flay can now be cast while moving, but the slowing effect is reversed upon yourself.
    Does not stack with Glyph of Mind Flay, and does not work with Shadow Word: Insanity.

What's your thoughts?
    I can understand why you would say it doesn't work with the mindflay glyph but in the end it's not a huge movement increase when slowed with this new glyph (which is why I avoid the sprint talents in pvp) +15%*3 with the mindflay glyph + your new glyph would look like this:

1 stack(s)= 57.5% movement
    2 stack(s)= 65% movement
    3 stack(s)= 72.5% movement

Now you also have to take into account 2 more things.
    1) to use both glyphs it requires 2 out of our 3 slots(though that isn't too big of a problem).
    2) Our target is no longer going to be slowed while we will be. So our target will be moving 100% (without help) While it will take roughly 3 seconds for us to get up to 72.5% movement. So just looking at those 2 glyphs working together doesn't seem to 'broken op' to me. Although very powerful with the rest of our toolkit.

The only thing that would run the risk of making brokenly overpowered is Phantasm. Even with just your glyph Phantasm makes it very powerful (even if it's only 5secs/30secs). If your glyph were to be added in Phantasm would probably need a change. Though considering that it's in the "mobility" tier options are limited and would run the risk of also becoming too powerful with your glyph if it just didn't end up just a simple +movement (which would just be boring having all 3 talents in the same tier just mirroring each other).

Though I would love the idea of mindflay while moving, it just wont work. Shadow is too fickle of a spec right now to get new toys like that, if their was no change and they added this glyph it (even with the "does not stack with Glyph of mindflay" restriction) would be far too powerful with our kit as is. Some changes would need to be made to make it work and would run the risk of making it mandatory (I can almost guarantee it would). In the end I would probably use it. I love the idea of mindflay while moving and it would more then likely be mandatory. I just don't like the idea of losing my "slow" for that odd time I'm not being trained(it's saved my heals more then once), will quickly (and easily) devise a work around of course but it always gave me that feeling that I can actually at least sort-of "peel" with a slow at any given time like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramaloce View Post
    I just don't like the idea of losing my "slow" for that odd time I'm not being trained(it's saved my heals more then once), will quickly (and easily) devise a work around of course but it always gave me that feeling that I can actually at least sort-of "peel" with a slow at any given time like everyone else.
    Wouldn't that mean the glyph does exactly what it's supposed to do?
    It's supposed to be situational, so for you to give up the ability to slow others if you're trained to gain MF on the run seems fine to me.
    Keep in mind it's just Mind Flay we're talking about. It isn't exactly what kills people. Its damage is on the lower end, and MF:I wouldn't be affected.

From a PVE standpoint there's really no reason at all to not do this. In the end, it's just PVP being the reason it's not even implemented yet.
    They don't like splitting abilities for PVE/PVP, but another way to sort this would be for the glyph to work just like that.
    Cast it on an NPC - you're slowed and can run while casting it. Cast on a PVP target - target gets slowed but you can't run while casting.
    I'm just brainstorming a bit but there's obviously lots of ways it could work in game, if they wanted it to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't that mean the glyph does exactly what it's supposed to do?
    It's supposed to be situational,
    I know, and it almost is. It would end up being mandatory though, even losing the slow for non-self peeling would suck but wouldn't be enough incentive to not use it for any foreseeable pre-combat preparation that I can think of at least (for both PvE and PvP).