Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Initial thoughts on the trinkets?

Any thoughts on what's gonna be the best for disc? I really like the different approach there taking as they try and think of new cool effects to put on trinkets, such as the reduced cooldown of major spells. I literally do no theorycrafting, I let the smart people do all the work then come here and research all the information What do you guys think of the new trinkets?

Shadow point of view: it's gonna be hard to replace the Lei Shen trinkets

I don't foresee them going live with how they are currently worded. With how crazy stat values are getting now, they add a static 14% increase to crit, haste, and mastery for one of them? That seems odd that it would be all three and not just highest stat. Reducing the CDs on major abilities seems like it would be really hard to balance and super OP. There has to be some restrictions on which abilities, as it limits it at 6. Being able to cast spirit shell every 36 seconds, yeah right. After slight testing I'm sure many of them will change.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the CD Reduction CD stays as is, holy crap, good bye holy, if you didn't think Disc was already king, it will be now. ~30 sec Spirit Shell, 25 sec IF, ~30 sec Mind Bender (really REALLY nice for both specs, almost double mana, yes please)

I like all the different procy things. Makes trinkets mean something again, and they feel like something that you will actually maybe switch around fight to fight, since it's hard to say what BiS is when some will be better for some fights. Some fights, the 10% chance to cleave heal may be really needed, etc.

If things stay like they are (obv adjusting numbers), gonna be really fun trinkets to play with. Can't wait, and I REALLY want that DPS Trinket that increases secondary stats for Disc, gonna spam all dem crit bubbles.

Quoted from another thread regarding the same subject:

Quote Originally Posted by Euerfeldi View Post
    Here is a list of the affected spells by the "Increases the cooldown recovery rate of six of your major abilities by 39%." 5.4 SoO trinkets. Int DPS classes can't get the trinketbonus. The spell is called Readiness. Keep in mind the numbers are not final and SoO trinkets will most likely get adjusted, but I still fear this trinket will still be game-breaking.

List of items with this bonus:

Cooldown Reduction:
    • 10 min -> 6 min 6 sec
    • 5 -> 3 min 3 sec
    • 3 -> 1 min 50 sec
    • 2 -> 1 min 13 sec
    • 1.5 -> 55 sec
    • 1 min -> 37 sec
    • 45 sec -> 27 sec
    • 30 sec -> 18 sec

Deathknight: Blood, Frost, Unholy
    • Outbreak
    • Empower Rune Weapon
    • Anti-Magic Shell
    • Icebound Fortitude
    • Blood Rites
    • Unholy Frenzy (Unholy)
    • Army of the Dead (Frost/Unholy)
    • Pillar of Frost (Frost)
    • Dancing Rune Weapon (Blood)
    • Vampiric Blood (Blood)
    • Bone Shield (Blood)

Druid: Feral, Guardian, Heal
    • Might of Ursoc
    • Barkskin
    • Bear Hug (Guardian)
    • Survival Instincts (Guardian/Feral)
    • Tiger's Fury (Feral)
    • Innervate (Heal)
    • Nature's Swiftness (Heal)

Hunter: BM, MM, Survival
    • Camouflage
    • Deterrence
    • Rapid Fire
    • Disengage
    • Black Arrow (Survival)
    • Bestial Wrath (BM)

Monk: Brewmaster, WW, MW
    • Transcendence: Transfer
    • Zen Meditation
    • Fortifying Brew
    • Avert Harm (BM)
    • Guard (BM)
    • Clash (BM)
    • Revival (MW)
    • Thunder Focus Tea (MW)
    • Life Cocoon (MW)
    • Energizing Brew (WW)
    • Flying Serpent Kick (WW)
    • Fists of Fury (WW)

Paladin: Ret,Prot, Holy
    • Guardian of Ancient Kings
    • Avenging Wrath
    • Devotion Aura
    • Hand of Protection
    • Divine Protection
    • Divine Shield (Prot/Ret)
    • Ardent Defender (Prot)
    • Divine Plea (Holy)

Priest: Holy, Disc
    • Hymn of Hope
    • Shadowfiend
    • Mindbender
    • Power Word: Barrier (Disc)
    • Pain Suppression (Disc)
    • Inner Focus (Disc)
    • Spirit Shell (Disc)
    • Lightwell (Holy)
    • Divine Hymn (Holy)
    • Guardian Spirit (Holy)

Rogue: Sub, Combat, Assassination
    • Shadow Blades
    • Smoke Bomb
    • Cloak of Shadows
    • Evasion
    • Shadow Dance (Sub)
    • Vanish (Sub/Muti)
    • Vendetta (Muti)
    • Killing Spree (Combat)
    • Adrenaline Rush (Combat)

Shaman: Heal, Enhancement
    • Spiritwalker's Grace
    • Fire elemental totem
    • Earth elemental totem
    • Shamanistic Rage (Enhancement)
    • Feral Spirits (Enhancement)

Warrior: Fury/Arms, Prot
    • Rallying Cry
    • Recklessness
    • Shield Wall
    • Shattering Throw (Arms/Fury)
    • Last Stand (Prot)

Quote Originally Posted by Euerfeldi View Post
    Quoted from another thread regarding the same subject:
    Thank you for the list Euerfeldi. Wow, if i was still MS shadow I'd be pissed int users don't have a version currently.

Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    If the CD Reduction CD stays as is, holy crap, good bye holy, if you didn't think Disc was already king, it will be now. ~30 sec Spirit Shell, 25 sec IF, ~30 sec Mind Bender (really REALLY nice for both specs, almost double mana, yes please)

I like all the different procy things. Makes trinkets mean something again, and they feel like something that you will actually maybe switch around fight to fight, since it's hard to say what BiS is when some will be better for some fights. Some fights, the 10% chance to cleave heal may be really needed, etc.

If things stay like they are (obv adjusting numbers), gonna be really fun trinkets to play with. Can't wait, and I REALLY want that DPS Trinket that increases secondary stats for Disc, gonna spam all dem crit bubbles.
    You can't be so naive thinking that 30 sec spirit shell is gonna make it to live, that's beyond broken and the most probable outcome is spirit shell getting removed from the trinket or the cd reduction getting severely nerfed but it's less likely since it punishes other specs as well.

Deleted
    I'd say that the trinket proccing X% crit+mastery+haste (tooltip says 86, but thats just OP, while wowdb says 36 if im not mistaken) aswell as the haste/20k int proc (if still below 18k haste) or the one proccing cleave would be ideal, if theres no cd reducing trink.

For shadow obv

Quote Originally Posted by velinart View Post
    Shadow point of view: it's gonna be hard to replace the Lei Shen trinkets
    it's going to be extremely easy once we break 2t15. the trinket is a much, much, much smaller dps increase for shadow than it is for demo once we lose apparition extensions.

i'm hoping that the new trinkets will have a spec-based RPPM system like the LMG. it's the only way shadow dps will stay competitive without some overhauls to help us scale (like extending mindflay to 4 ticks over 4 seconds so that we can actually make use of haste procs/gear in t16).

Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    Thank you for the list Euerfeldi. Wow, if i was still MS shadow I'd be pissed int users don't have a version currently.
    why? shadow's cooldowns are the weakest of all rdps. power infusion will be of very limited use in t16 levels of haste. unless the trinket were to reduce the cooldown of blast and the orb icd of SWDeath, it'd barely touch our dps. otoh, it would make warlock and mage damage go through the roof with cooldown reductions to dark soul, doomguard, imp swarm, combustion, and alter time.
    Last edited by snaxattax; 2013-06-28 at 05:04 PM.

erm...

Is it me or is it a bit strange that Holy Priests and Monks get their raid cooldowns reduced, while druids don't get anything? I'm guessing the list isn't complete... 1:50 D-Hymn/Revival seem like a quite substantial bonus.

On the other hand, 37sec SS with new 4p, which can be lined up with AA+2p every time and 27sec IF would be just crazy. I'll be amazed if that makes it to live.

there's no way that disc, disc tier, these trinkets, or all don't get mega-nerfed. disc was already better than holy in 99% of situations because its cooldowns were way more useful, but we're talking about almost 50% uptime on spiritshell & a 100% uptime (?!) on archangel. with our tier bonuses, no other healer would even be on the same planet as disc once we get this trinket w/ 4t16.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of odd it doesn't reduce Power Infusion's cooldown? It should, right?

That one doesn't matter though, the important one for us is:

5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Int Hit Trinket (4)

2k Haste and a 23k stacking int proc? That sounds awesome!

It's dissapointing about the cooldown reduction ability since Shadow has like no cooldowns. It could make Mindbender pretty strong though, since with a potential 39% CDR, Mindbender would be up for 15 seconds every 36 seconds - or 41% of the time!

If it reduces Power Infusion to 72 seconds from 120 though, that's pretty hot.

The 2-3k haste passive trinket (heroic+double upgrades will be a 3k haste trinket... crazy!), and the cleave one will be BiS for us I'd guess.

The cleave one is interesting, if it counts dot ticks - then we might end up setting it off all the time for sporadic bursts of aoe damage. Alternately - if it only goes off on direct damage - then we could see some really bizarre results. We don't have many direct damage spells in our repetoire - since dots and channels are considered periodic.

This could mean that only Mind Blast, Death, and Halo/Star/Cascade can be copied - that would be pretty neat (would a cleaved Mind Blast or Death give us full orbs?).

Alternately, less likely but also possible - it might cleave our period DoT casts - it could instantly (albeit randomly) apply VT or Pain to everything, but the coolest part about that possibility is that it would have a very low chance of cleaving DP to everything in range. World of Logs may end up being a lottery for who got the crazy DP-to-all proc, while also having haste procs active at the time. It could be pretty entertaining!
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-06-28 at 08:22 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Man those must be placeholder numbers because disc with t16 2+4set, the 14% crit DAMAGE/healing, haste, mast and 37 second SS... Thats a perfect storm...

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Based on what I've seen, all specs have 6 abilities that benefit from this (the quoted list is missing many). All of the abilities are core to the class/spec and aren't talents (though the reduction to Shadowfiend's CD also applies to Mindbender). The number of Offensive/Defensive/Utility that benefit definitely depends on spec, with Shadow (right now) only having 1 offensive (SF/MB), 1 defensive (Dispersion), and 4 utility (HoH, Silence, VE, and VS).

Edit: This is, of course, if a Shadow Priest gets this trinket and uses it instead of a DPS trinket. Might be some occasions it comes in handy, but who knows? There isn't a caster-DPS specific version of this kind of trinket available.
    Last edited by Twintop; 2013-06-28 at 09:43 PM.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    Edit: This is, of course, if a Shadow Priest gets this trinket and uses it instead of a DPS trinket. Might be some occasions it comes in handy, but who knows? There isn't a caster-DPS specific version of this kind of trinket available.
    The text of the trinket says "Effective for healer roles only," so it would seem a shadow priest can't use it to reduce cooldowns, unless it's changed. Or unless the trinket's tooltip is wrong.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    Has to be a typo, there's no way they'd give us a trinket that good.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Has to be a typo, there's no way they'd give us a trinket that good.
    As good as it may be for us, it's still 10x better for any other caster.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

That one doesn't matter though, the important one for us is:

5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Int Hit Trinket (4)

2k Haste and a 23k stacking int proc? That sounds awesome!
    it says each time you cast a spell so assumming its going to be like the one from fireland(the healing trinket one) http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/69111-jaws-of-defeat

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102309-5-...-boss-x-loot-x so i can replace my relic of chi ji lol

and.....http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102304-5-...-boss-x-loot-x because cd reduction is awsome :P
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Looks pretty strong if you cast very few spells for those 20 seconds, i.e. procs during periods of low damage.