Poll: When would you use this glyph?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Shadow] Glyphed Mind Flay on the move idea! (Need input)

Yes, we've heard it many times before. Glyphed Mind Flay on the move.
    But how could it be implemented without it affecting PVP too much?

Basically the glyph would revert it's slowing effect to the Priest herself, while Mind Flay becomes castable on the move.

What I need to find out is when you as a shadowpriest would use this glyph.
    PVE? PVP? Not at all? For both?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Edit: Here's an explanation for how it'd work. See page 2 for further explanation of it's impact.
    Glyph of the Quick Mind.
    Your Mind Flay can now be cast while moving, but the slowing effect is reversed upon yourself.
    Does not stack with Glyph of Mind Flay, and does not work with Shadow Word: Insanity.
    Just like an unglyphed MF, cancelling the cast would mean you're not slowing anymore.
    Last edited by Juicebox; 2013-06-25 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Cleared it up a bit, added how the glyph would look.

10+ Year Old Account
    But but... I'm not pro enough to use a stopcast macro.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    I imagine this might be very usefull in PVE in situations where you dont have to be at another position IMMEDIATLY but have to move there eventually. I havent played in a while, but i imagine a fight like Megeara it could be situationally usefull. Durumu deathbeam comes to mind. Ji'kun just before downdraft if you're not close.

But, is it Major or Minor? I dont remember a DPS value for any of the glyphs we currently have so i cant really tell if it would be worth sacrificing any of the current "go to" major glyphs.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBro View Post
    But, is it Major or Minor? I dont remember a DPS value for any of the glyphs we currently have so i cant really tell if it would be worth sacrificing any of the current "go to" major glyphs.
    This would be a major glyph, just like the current Mind Flay glyph. It would either have to replace that one, or have them not work together.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt they'll change anything to our movement until the QQ is over from the 5.4 PTR KJC change for warlocks and they have a final solution. (as this is similar to KJC)

Quote Originally Posted by Bombino View Post
    I doubt they'll change anything to our movement until the QQ is over from the 5.4 PTR KJC change for warlocks and they have a final solution. (as this is similar to KJC)
    Yeah I don't think so either, but it's still interresting to see what could be made for PVE shadow without too much of an impact on PVP.
    This tier is probably the worst in terms of movement because of tier bonuses and UVLS.
    You don't want to recast a SW:P with a UVLS SW:P up on your target already, which leaves you with nothing to cast unless you get a DI proc.

The issue still exists outside of the tier.
    Recasting SW:P with no proccs while moving, while you have it applied with proccs already isn't good design either.

Another solution could be to make Mind Spikes castable while moving and not have it remove dots, but this probably has more impact on PVP.

Either way it saddens me when we're obviously the worst caster for movement.
    The only caster that comes close it Moonkins, but atleast they got Lunar Shower.

Let me quote a post Warlocks got a blue response from...
    Quote Originally Posted by A Warlock
    As of now the class has very little mechanics to deal with the problems removing passive KJC will cause, and the revamped version will not change this situation as it will not be chosen most of the time. It leaves Warlocks with less mobility than Spriests or Boomkins
    I can't take warlocks seriously after reading this. Atleast they had Fel Flame (which isn't the best option, I'll admit) AND the option to spec for KJC.
    If this can make them listen to Warlocks there's no reason we shouldn't get improvements as well.
    Last edited by Juicebox; 2013-06-18 at 07:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh don't get me wrong, i'm 5000% down to help our movement capabilities
    Last edited by Bombino; 2013-06-18 at 07:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't see this happening as being able to channel insanity while running from people would be broken even with a slow effect on you.

I would prefer to get something meaningful to cast while moving that do not screw with stat snapshots on sw that do not rely on rng personally, preferably without a cooldown attached to it.

We could use the same excuse as Warlocks "Cast while moving with move speed reduced isn't as OP as it seems, it's hard trust me bro KAPPAFACE"

But seriously I don't see them ever giving cast while moving to anyone again.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2013-06-18 at 09:14 PM.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    I wish it since 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    But seriously I don't see them ever giving cast while moving to anyone again.
    I wouldn't say it's out of the question because of this answer they gave a while ago;

Traditionally, the melee advantage was being able to do damage while moving, but now a lot of ranged are also good at movement. We could certainly go back in and prune a lot of cast-on-the-move and instant spells from casters, but on the other hand we know players think those abilities are fun and you can even argue that having to stand and “turret” as a combat mechanic feels a little dated. There is also a continuum here: casting Lightning Bolt while moving isn’t a big balance problem, but something like passive Kil’jaeden’s Cunning might be.

Rather than making casters terrible at moving, we’d rather develop a niche that melee are really good at. For example, we could emphasize that melee are really good at cleaving multiple targets, or they could be more survivable, or both. We are going to explore these ideas more.
    While we might not get some love before this expansion is over, hopefully we'll get reworked in time for the next one.

I would be way happier with something like Mindspike being able to be cast on the move, perhaps with something like -50% dmg as it stands and doesn't remove dots, that would be more viable imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeln View Post
    I would be way happier with something like Mindspike being able to be cast on the move, perhaps with something like -50% dmg as it stands and doesn't remove dots, that would be more viable imo.
    I suggested exactly that on the EU forums. They'd have to buff FDCL if they changed that though, and because of the current Mind Flay glyph it would become OP.
    Shadow is strange this expansion. Pretty much nothing can be changed without ruining something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, let me just get this one a little more straight me head before I vote. You're new mind flay glyph would be: "Mindflay is now able to be used while moving, however you are slowed rather then your target while doing so." That sound about right? If so does that mean if I have that glyph on and still sit and not move while channeling mindflay that my target is slowed like normal, and it's only when I am moving that mindflay's slow would be applied to me instead. If so I would at least try it. If even while sitting still I still get slowed instead then no.

It depends. If the slow would only last for as long as you're channeling it (doesn't slow you for, let's say, another 3s after you stop channeling, like KJC does) there would be literally 0 reason not to use it all the time in both PvE and PvP, 'cause being slowed for only 30% is always better than being slowed for 100%, which is basically what it does now by forcing you to stand still (which then makes me wonder what were people who voted "I wouldn't use it" thinking lol).
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2013-06-21 at 04:43 AM.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe it would probably work like the current glyph, where it completely removes the snare component from the target, but puts a debuff on the caster lasting X seconds. I think a 3 sec duration starting at the beginning of each cast would be acceptable, so that it lasts the duration of the full cast, but gives a small penalty of you cancel the channel early. Like the glyph on live, it probably comes out to your target reaching you in the same amount of time as unglyphed, but allowing different ways to acomplish it.

not gonna happen as long as we have the talents for movement speed. you can easily put a feather next to you, fade or cast shield before you channel MF, instantly ignoring the snare effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Juicebox
    Shadow is strange this expansion. Pretty much nothing can be changed without ruining something else.
    because this ^

10+ Year Old Account
    •"Kil'jaden's Cunning no longer reduces movement speed, and will now allow the Warlock to cast Incinerate, Malefic Grasp, and Shadow Bolt while moving."

from blue post for locks...

I think they left out: Shadowform will now allow the Priest to cast Mindflay while moving. How hard would it be to throw that in there, would it really cause any trouble at all?
    QQ give us lock's old movement slow even lol

Well it's obviously not gonna happen this expansion, but if we keep nagging them we might get it for the next one.

I must say I don't see an excuse for not doing it now though.
    Single target DPS is bad. More than one target and we're OK.
    Mind Flay damage is also a smaller part of your damage done on multiple targets, which means this would mostly be a single target buff.

PVP is already fucked up. The easiest spec in the game to train, and we're even worse off in 5.4.
    I say give us this. We'll become glass cannons; good damage but shit defense.
    Last edited by Juicebox; 2013-06-25 at 07:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombino View Post
    •"Kil'jaden's Cunning no longer reduces movement speed, and will now allow the Warlock to cast Incinerate, Malefic Grasp, and Shadow Bolt while moving."

from blue post for locks...

I think they left out: Shadowform will now allow the Priest to cast Mindflay while moving. How hard would it be to throw that in there, would it really cause any trouble at all?
    QQ give us lock's old movement slow even lol
    It would make insanity way to strong in pvp being able to channel your burst while kiting melee, at least that's why i believe blizzard is not doing anything about it.