10+ Year Old Account

H Iron Qon 10 (Sometimes bugged as hell?)

So last night, my 10 man raid started working on Iron Qon as our third heroic, simply due to not wanting to start dealing with Tortos or Horridon just this second.

We were getting through the phases fine, and got to the third phase a couple of times when it just fell apart due to not having enough practice on it yet. However, I digress.

We noticed a few times, extremely annoying bugs that we were confused as to why Blizzard hasn't fixed them yet. The most prominent being when someone is pulled in for the Wind Storm (this happens on normal mode too) if they were too far away from him when he pulls in, they have the chance of being sucked into a Tornado when they are flying through the air.

Secondly, we had multiple times where someone had a spear thrown at them, then as the line expanded out towards them, they would take a tick of damage, then two or three more ticks in the matter of less than a second and die.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Deleted
    The first one happens, yeah. Just don't be that far away from the boss, which you shouldn't be anyways.

The second one I've never noticed, maybe it's the player getting hit by the fireball on the first boss or some other random damage-mechanic?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckgirl View Post

The second one I've never noticed, maybe it's the player getting hit by the fireball on the first boss or some other random damage-mechanic?
    I sadly don't have the logs to link about this as my WoL client borked on me, but it definitely wasn't this. We were looking over deathlog in game and seeing people having to cross lines or getting hit by the line as it extends out, just sometimes taking two or three ticks in under a second, and when it ticks for over 100k, that combined then with other damage tends to make people pop unless they were already being healed. It was quite frustrating.

I don't see how people can be so far away from the boss that they get hit by tornadoes, unless you are getting two storms in heroic, which is a big no-no. Just tank him out where he sucks everyone in the first time and it's fine.

Don't strafe through lines or be hit by them as they spread out, both will cause you to take extra ticks, but people should never have to cross lines to begin with, aside from maybe storm dog lines since they do not damage players. Just buddy up and don't focus so much on getting lightning debuff out of the raid until the last dog comes down.

Once, I just happened to be standing right on the wind storm spawn spot when it started, and I was hit by every tornado at the same time, and died to several million instant damage. Another time, one of our healers was near the barrier that spawns at the end of the room and she got hit by a cyclone. It carried her through the wall, and she was no longer able to participate. =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeen View Post
    Once, I just happened to be standing right on the wind storm spawn spot when it started, and I was hit by every tornado at the same time, and died to several million instant damage. Another time, one of our healers was near the barrier that spawns at the end of the room and she got hit by a cyclone. It carried her through the wall, and she was no longer able to participate. =(
    I'm quite sure that the tornados themselves don't deal any damage while you're in them, it's the arcing lightning and the passive storm ticking nature damage that hits you regardless of being in a tornado or not. I've tried killing myself on a wipe by throwing myself in tornados but I didn't take any extra damage at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    I'm quite sure that the tornados themselves don't deal any damage while you're in them, it's the arcing lightning and the passive storm ticking nature damage that hits you regardless of being in a tornado or not. I've tried killing myself on a wipe by throwing myself in tornados but I didn't take any extra damage at all.
    nope, that happened to me once too. Windstorm started and instantly died to lots and lots of damage.