Deleted

What are the celestials ?

So, I don't get it. What exactly is the origin of Xuen, Yu'lon, Chi-Ji and Niuzao ? Are they titan constructs as well, or biologically altered from something else like the dragon flights ? Or perhas the benevolent sha remains of Ysaarj ?

We know Yu'lon kinda does like the mogu and transfers her spirit into a stone statue when her own body fails, so some mogu magic may be involved here.

10+ Year Old Account
    They appear to be the Pandaria equivalent of animal demigods, like Malorne and Goldrinn.

There is some content about them on the timeless isle... So we might find out there? just wait a day or two for the voice files to come :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're like the Kalimdor Ancients. Powerful deities that watch over the land(Conceptually).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    There's some speculation on Wowpedia that they are tied to the Loa. I'd love to learn more about them in all fairness, the celestial article isn't exactly detailed at the moment.

https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/311608354957062146

They're not unlike Ancients or Loa.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeria View Post
    There's some speculation on Wowpedia that they are tied to the Loa. I'd love to learn more about them in all fairness, the celestial article isn't exactly detailed at the moment.
    The Loa and the Ancients are basically the same thing. When the troll druids came to moonglade, they called all the wisps and spirits there Loa. Different names for the same entities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys i have a question... can the Loas be killed? or do they just disappear to another realm until they are summoned again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Hey guys i have a question... can the Loas be killed? or do they just disappear to another realm until they are summoned again?
    Well, Hakkar was a Loa and he was killed back in vanilla, but he reappeared in Cataclysm. The animal demigods in Kalimdor were all killed 10,000 years ago but were eventually reborn in the Emerald Dream and returned to Azeroth in Cataclysm as well.

So it appears that it's possible for Loa to come back after they've been destroyed, yes. For some of them it can take a long time and it's not as easy as just casting a summoning spell again right away.

I suspect Yu'lon may be something different, a Titan creation possibly? But the others; Chi'ji, Xuen and Niuzao are just the same kind of animal demigods as Malorne/Hakkar/Shirvallah etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I suspect Yu'lon may be something different, a Titan creation possibly?
    I don't actually know what the ancients are originally - were they all Titan creations? Were they ordinary animals or deceased spirits that came into contact with the Well of Eternity and became gods? Do they come from somewhere else or arise naturally? Were they around when the Old Gods were in charge?

Many questions.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I suspect Yu'lon may be something different, a Titan creation possibly? But the others; Chi'ji, Xuen and Niuzao are just the same kind of animal demigods as Malorne/Hakkar/Shirvallah etc.
    Yu'lon is the exact same thing as the others - a Celestial.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Yu'lon is the exact same thing as the others - a Celestial.
    The others aren't literally made from Jade and don't have to transfer their essence into statues to stay alive. Cloud Serpents also don't appear to be natural creatures, but rather some offshoot of magic-infused dragons, probably created by the Titans. If they aren't natural creatures they wouldn't have a "loa".

I suspect Yu'lon and Tsulong were directly empowered by the Titans to guard Pandaria.

Deleted
    Loa/Ancients of some variety.

They're the stars of the expansion.

>.>
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    They're the stars of the expansion.

>.>
    You sir win a cookie.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi