Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Elbert Guillory: "Why I Am a Republican"

A must see Vid

we have another runaway slave from the democrat plantation. the left will do the same to Mr Guillory as they tried to do to Ben Carson

10+ Year Old Account
    The definitions and inclusions of the democratic and republican parties have changed over time. This politician bases all of his premises and conclusions on the idea that the democratic party of today is the same as the democratic party of decades/centuries ago.

Ignoring all modern evidence in favor of twisted history will lead one to an ignorant and twisted conclusion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    The definitions and inclusions of the democratic and republican parties have changed over time. This politician bases all of his premises and conclusions on the idea that the democratic party of today is the same as the democratic party of decades/centuries ago.

Ignoring all modern evidence in favor of twisted history will lead one to an ignorant and twisted conclusion.
    Did you only watch the first 30 seconds? Most of this video is a plea to black America that the modern republican party shares their values.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    the left will do the same to Mr Guillory as they tried to do to Ben Carson
    Dr Ben Carson? The Johns Hopkins neurosurgeon who happens to be a six day creationist who believes the Earth is 6000 years old? I'd let him cut my skull open, but I'd do everything I could (legally of course) to keep him the hell away from public office.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel stupid...but I didn't know Martin Luther King Jr. was a Republican.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

I see your from massa2sh@ts the most democratic state in America...and to think our Revolution started from there.
    Your right These are not the same times as then.
    Did you know that your wonderful state sent flyers and bought billboards in Porto Rico advocating jobs and the "BEST WELFARE SYSTEM IN AMERICA" come to our State lol.

Thanks buddy! Stay in your Hole please

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I say go for it.

I see nothing but benefits if political parties have to actually work for the black vote. It might bring benefits and changes communities desperately need.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    because the left did what ever they could to keep that from being widely known you wont find it in any black history books taught in public schools

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jugzilla View Post
    Did you only watch the first 30 seconds? Most of this video is a plea to black America that the modern republican party shares their values.
    Some of it is, yes, but that in itself invalidates this politician's choice.

"I'm joining this party because of their values!"

"Now change your values!"

10+ Year Old Account
    No. It is because he had no direct political affiliation. He aligned himself with whichever party had the right momentum at the time instead of assuming that a single party can offer all of the change that he wanted.
    Which is why I wonder that many african americans have supported one party since the 1960s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicpopsicle View Post
    I see your from massa2sh@ts the most democratic state in America...and to think our Revolution started from there.
    Your right These are not the same times as then.
    Did you know that your wonderful state sent flyers and bought billboards in Porto Rico advocating jobs and the "BEST WELFARE SYSTEM IN AMERICA" come to our State lol.

Thanks buddy! Stay in your Hole please
    Not sure what this post means

But thanks for proving to all of us that you're both ignorant and judgemental

I am a conservative, and while I am registered as a Republican I don't always necessarily agree with the party stance. I think Mr. Guillory is smarter than he lets on in this speech. In all honesty, it was talking points 101.

These "core ideas" of the Republican party (if you even agree that they are such) are not necessarily the reality, and nor are the generalizations with which he addresses the faults of the Democratic party. That being said, it was a good speech for the "average American". I don't like the comparison of the Democratic Party to the slave plantations of old, but there is some merit in the idea that the Democratic tilt in most ethnic minorities is due more to good PR and "marketing" than any actual policy benefit towards those groups. The ideas were over-simplified, but I agree with the over-arching message: stand back, observe, think independently, and don't blinding follow the party that promises you the most free stuff. It's stupid to say that either party is the best for any ethnic group, because it's stupid to say that one can truly define the essential characteristics of an ethnic group with blanket assumptions... to be frank, because there are no essential characteristics other than the human obsession with "color". There are, admittedly, cultural differences, but at this point many ethnic groups have been so well integrated within American society that those don't make much of a difference from a public policy standpoint.

We are more than our skin color, or our cultural assumptions; we are individuals, and we should each think critically and decide for ourselves whether or not a party truly represents our best interests, or the best interests of the nation. That is a message I agree with.

I guess OP doesn't know dems and republicans were practically switched back then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of it is, yes, but that in itself invalidates this politician's choice.

"I'm joining this party because of their values!"

"Now change your values!"
    It's not change your values. It's to at least consider republican values and policies.

Of course, it also lies on the republican party to put forth more effort to present their values and try to appeal more to blacks. Their relationship is in the shitter since Nixion's southern strategy.

It's not like they even have to get a large chunk of that voting base to stand a chance in a national election.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    Excuse me? That is some very specific wording to be referring to a black person.
    it is a term used by a documentary written by Rev. C.L. Bryant’s
    "Runaway Slave" "a movie about the race to free the Black community from the slavery of tyranny and progressive policies

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I guess OP doesn't know dems and republicans were practically switched back then?
    according to who?
    just more false left wing propaganda.
    main stream Republicans have the same values and beliefs about race now days as they did 80 and more years ago

according to who?
    just more false left wing propaganda.
    main stream Republicans have the same values and beliefs about race now days as they did 80 and more years ago
    I wish they did

---------- Post added 2013-06-19 at 04:01 AM ----------

it is a term used by a documentary written by Rev. C.L. Bryant’s
    "Runaway Slave" "a movie about the race to free the Black community from the slavery of tyranny and progressive policies
    slavery is progress to you?

so going back (regressing) to the old ways (conservative) would be...not slavery???? are you daft?

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    He wasn't. He was willing to work with both parties at the time and felt that they were both dropping the ball in a serious way.

we have another runaway slave from the democrat plantation.
    One of the more offensive thing's I've read on these forums in a while. And given the recent homosexual rights thread, that's saying quite a lot.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2013-06-19 at 04:05 AM.

immigration has nothing to do with race it it is about people who broke the law and wanting to keep more from doing the same before we allow the ones who are here illegally to gain citizenship. it is the left who is making it about race