Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How the fuck can anyone vote wrath u had one great raid and one decent one rest were trash that makes it best ever? My vote goes to BC the intro raids were broken at start but Kael'thas is still one of the best bosses in wow history. Then u had kharazan which was awesome and BC and Sunwell which both get high marks.

10+ Year Old Account
    ICC was the best time I had raiding, such a badass instance. Awesome bosses, awesome mechanics, awesome immersion, and an awesome end boss. I also enjoyed Firelands, another good instance with an insane end boss.

I'm gonna say No, as it stand it is my least favorite expansion.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    I think where Isle of Thunder failed was it offered nothing in terms of reward. On the Isle of Quel'danas you unlocked vendors that sold items with actual upgrades, you had a nice quest chain that played out in the 5 man dungeon and if I remember right, sunwell didnt unlock till we had complete control of the island.
    You are correct, you had to unlock the Island to even unlock the Sunwell Plateau. On reflection, I think that part of the reasons why I remember it so fondly is because I was one of the first players into the Sunwell Plateau (advantage of being in a Australian based raiding guild on Proudmoore, the first US server to unlock everything on the Isle). But you are right, there really is no reward for Isle of Thunder (heck, even the last quest after unlocking everything where you charge the staff gives you only a crap vanity banner) and that is why it is not as satisfying as it predecessors.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    You are correct, you had to unlock the Island to even unlock the Sunwell Plateau. On reflection, I think that part of the reasons why I remember it so fondly is because I was one of the first players into the Sunwell Plateau (advantage of being in a Australian based raiding guild on Proudmoore, the first US server to unlock everything on the Isle). But you are right, there really is no reward for Isle of Thunder (heck, even the last quest after unlocking everything where you charge the staff gives you only a crap vanity banner) and that is why it is not as satisfying as it predecessors.

Off topic lol....I SOOOOOO agree with your number 2 on your sig........that alone would fix so many things

Well, as someone who did every single one of these raids when they were current, lets see:

Vanilla
    MC: 4/10
    BWL: 8.5/10
    AQ40: 6/10
    AQ20: 6/10
    Naxx: 8/10

Average: 6.5

TBC
    Kara: 9/10
    Mag/Gruul: 5/10
    SSC: 4/10
    Hyjal: 3/10
    TK: 7/10
    BT: 9/10
    Sunwell: 8/10

Average: 6.4

WotLK
    Naxx 2.0: 4/10
    Ony/Maly/Sarth: 6/10
    Ulduar: 10/10
    ToC: 3/10
    ICC: 9/10

Average: 6.4

Cata
    BWD: 8/10
    BoT: 7/10
    Tot4W: 6/10
    Firelands: 7.5/10
    DS: 2/10

Average: 6.1

MoP
    MSV: 7.5/10
    HoF: 7/10
    ToES: 6.5/10
    ToT: 9.5/10
    SoO: ???

Average: 7.5

So, based on my entirely subjective, non-scientific analysis, MoP is indeed the best raiding expansion. The one thing to be noticed from this list is that Blizz is putting out more consistently good raids over time as they've become better at the process. In WotLK, the highs were really high with Ulduar and ICC, but the lows were pretty damn low with rehashed Naxx and ToC. MoP is consistently good with one great raid so far.

I preferred burning crusade to be honest. I didn't hit 70 until 2.3 yet still managed to get into a raiding guild that was working its way through Kara and manged to get 5/9 in BT and 4/5 in MH before the end of the expansion. Was I the best? No. Now, I look for a raiding guild and they all want a higher item level than I can obtain through strictly doing LFR, which is higher than the rewards in t14. There's no incentive to keep running the older raids like there was in BC and part of Wrath because the best items drop in ToT, whether it be LFR, normal or heroic. So, yes this expansion killed normal/heroic raiding for me thanks to LFR.

Im gonna say no, since most of the raids were kind of random in lore. ToT thunder king i guess makes sense. Sha of fear we needed to end the major sha in pandaria. Cleanse attempt of the klaxxi in HoF not that random but MSV was completely unneeded and random imo.

best exp. for raiding imo

1. Wrath of the lichking by a very very very big markin on top
    2. classic
    3. MoP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Raided in a top 50 guild during TBC and I disagree with everything you said regarding TBC raiding.
    copy that.

i raid/ed in a ~50-world-guild(25m nowadays) since BC with the exception of firelands and dragon soul

for raiders who really love raiding and progression the TBC just has to be the best. The combination of epic lore, time commitment, epeen effect and for the time innovative and in many cases awesome boss fights. (for me a big factor in this is also that prot paladin at the time was the underdog tank and it was just so unique to play it, awesome)

expansions - TBC > MOP > vanilla > cata (only raided t11 which was very, very good imo) > wrath

tiers(i won't include vanilla tiers since as somebody already said it was pretty much different game) Sunwell > Black temple > Karazhan > hyjal > ZA > ToT > T11 as a whole > tempest keep > T14 > ToC > ulduar > grull + mag > ICC > naxx

Quote Originally Posted by mrmsix6 View Post

So, based on my entirely subjective, non-scientific analysis, MoP is indeed the best raiding expansion. The one thing to be noticed from this list is that Blizz is putting out more consistently good raids over time as they've become better at the process. In WotLK, the highs were really high with Ulduar and ICC, but the lows were pretty damn low with rehashed Naxx and ToC. MoP is consistently good with one great raid so far.
    I don't get the ToC hate. Are a large majority of people really valuing art that much or is just the bitter tastes of the first instance where you could clear it four times? Do people hate the instance because they hadn't yet finished Ulduar and their raid leader forced them into ToC for the better loot? Boss wise I really enjoyed ToC. In particular Anub was a great boss with an incredibly challenging last phase but beasts was enjoyable, kill the volcano and heal the debuff boss was enjoyable, and twins was annoying if you did door strat but if you did the fight as intended it was incredibly fun. Even Faction champions was a very fun fight, just very much a pain in the ass as it provided clothies a good way to get gibbed and ruin insanity. I don't know ToC seems to get so much hate through the warcraft community but I quite enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    TotC.. the worst and most unimaginitive multiple boss raid in the game.
    Pretty harsh. Faction champs was unimaginative? I haven't seen a fight like that before.
    Valks were unimaginative?
    Anub'arak was unimaginative?

It held some interesting bosses, most people hate on it because everyone else thinks that's the right opinion to have.

Why would people say Mists was the best expansion for raiding? Terrace was the same idea as Trial of the Crusader, but with mostly garbage bosses. If anything BC is still where we peaked. It got carried heavily by the lore aspect, but that still counts for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrak View Post
    copy that.

tiers(i won't include vanilla tiers since as somebody already said it was pretty much different game) Sunwell > Black temple > Karazhan > hyjal > ZA > ToT > T11 as a whole > tempest keep > T14 > ToC > ulduar > grull + mag > ICC > naxx
    that list is insanity imho......

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Nope. The brief moment between the transition of "no hardmodes" and "button-activated hardmodes", Ulduar, was when the game was at its greatest.
    Aye, I must stand with vizzle. Ulduar was a shining gem, among a couple other shining gems in that expansion, however I can't say my opinion counts against MoP, only came back after being gone for over a year 2 months ago, am only level 86. (Very slow, focusing on too many things right now.)
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by refire View Post
    I don't get the ToC hate. Are a large majority of people really valuing art that much or is just the bitter tastes of the first instance where you could clear it four times? Do people hate the instance because they hadn't yet finished Ulduar and their raid leader forced them into ToC for the better loot? Boss wise I really enjoyed ToC. In particular Anub was a great boss with an incredibly challenging last phase but beasts was enjoyable, kill the volcano and heal the debuff boss was enjoyable, and twins was annoying if you did door strat but if you did the fight as intended it was incredibly fun. Even Faction champions was a very fun fight, just very much a pain in the ass as it provided clothies a good way to get gibbed and ruin insanity. I don't know ToC seems to get so much hate through the warcraft community but I quite enjoyed it.
    I liked Anub and faction champs, every other fight was lame. My bigger problem is that the whole idea of that raid was boring, and the environment was non-existent aside from the floor dropping out for Anub. Environment and art matters to me and a lot of other players. Compare the effort put into places like Ulduar, ICC and ToT to ToC....and you realize what a joke of an effort ToC was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebonj View Post
    All answers in this thread are based off nostalgia, when you had the best time raiding.

Every time I enter a TBC raid for some reason or another, all I think is that "I'm glad I wasn't around for this, the artwork is hideous". That's just me.
    Because when people have a different opinion than you do they are clearly blinded by nostalgia/fanboysim/hate/whatever.

What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    If it offered amazing rewards, people woulda complained that they were mandatory, because that seems to be the thing to do this expac.
    Finishing Sunwell Isle didn't offer any real rewards for high end raiders thus they didn't view it as mandatory. There was reward for the lower progressed or casual player base but they just viewed it as new content back then.

Raids themselves: TBC
    Raid accesability aka pugging: WotLK

My personal choice is WotLK.
    Naxx: Yes it is a rehash, but people forget that like 95% of the player that did play in Vanilla never got to that place.
    Eye of Eternity: I like vehicle combat every once in a while unlike most others.
    Obsidion Sanctum: Nice raid with multiple "difficulties" depending how many drakes you let live.
    Ulduar: Best raid ever imho
    TotGC: Had unique bosses like Faction Champs. Only reason it is bad imho is that its gear negated Ulduar, thus people skipping Ulduar and go right from T7 to T9 and then T10
    ICC: Good raid, gating system that didnt take too long, good boss mechanics with idiot checks (Sindragos ice tombs, Lich King defile etc)
    Ruby Sanctum: meh filler raid to introduce us of what is to come in Cataclysm.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    TBC is my fave expac, but for raiding it would have to be Wrath, i barely got the chance to raid BT before the end of TBC, and the only time I've ever raided in a guild was to do Ulduar, and i loved it

i think the nostalgia so to speak argument is made for a cpl different reasons.....i mean vanilla to TBC was a pretty serious leap....it offered a shit ton more than what WoWers had been offered...however, because of that leap, people think it was oh so grand....now they get the feeling of "been there done that" now because everything follows that model in an aspect. the transition for xpac to xpac doesnt seem as much as it did between those 2 imo....so maybe nostalgia isnt the right word to describe it but maybe a skewed view of something that was so great as opposed to what it came after? if that makes sense?