Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I see you listed 4 Mid cases and 1 full, will I be hurting myself with airflow or anything else with the setup I picked going mid case?

Deleted
    Size wise no, the Fractal is optimized for noise reduction and would probably be the worst performer thermals wise. C70 isn't all that impressive. 500R will perform fine and fits perfect with the H100i. Storm Stryker is definitely the best but obviously more expensive. All that said I wouldn't be worried about airflow/temperature in any of them, though if I had to choose I'd go with the CM or 500R (I have the 500R).

Deleted
    It's huge, expensive but a really good case, I'd personally pick the Storm Stryker but both are great... I just read/watch reviews and then decide...

The first video review he did on the Storm Trooper (very similar to the Stryker)

Thanks, I think I will get the CM Storm Stryker. There aren't any hassles with that case and the H100i correct?

Deleted
    Yes it'll fit perfectly fine...

Here is the the-official-cooler-master-storm-trooper-storm-stryker-club thread at overclock.net, lots of builds and info in there, along with some H100i info.

Thanks for all the help, parts from Newegg are in and I'm heading to MicroCenter today for the CPU/Mobo combo.

Question about RAM, mine are perfectly fine correct? Thinking about bumping up to PC3 17000 or PC3 19200 from the PC3 12800. Would it make a drastic difference? Timing would be a factor I assume and if it's compatible with my Mobo.

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB PC3 17000
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB PC3 19200
    Last edited by Elvine; 2013-06-26 at 03:54 PM.

I have the CM Storm Trooper, which to me just seems like a black version of the Storm Stryker. Its an excellent case, I love it.

Thank you everyone on their feedback!

---------- Post added 2013-06-26 at 04:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by reohh View Post
    I have the CM Storm Trooper, which to me just seems like a black version of the Storm Stryker. Its an excellent case, I love it.
    Did you leave the HD fans taking air from the side or did you face them forward?

Deleted
    congrats

Outside benchmarking and extreme overclocking there is no noticeable difference going above 1600MHz RAM, you're basically paying extra for no reason.

Was typing out a response, then saw his picture of having already ordered the parts

Good choice with the mobo. $300 for the Sabertooth is insane. My friend has a CM Storm Sniper which is similarly beastly to that. I have a Fractal Design Arc Mini midtower that I'm quite fond of. Filled it up with the H100 radiator and 2x 120mm fans on top (too lazy to try figuring out how to push/pull that sucker), the 3x 140mm fractal fans for the front and back. Then a 180mm for the side panel and 140mm for the bottom. Plenty of cooling IMHO.

Finally done! Thanks again everyone for all the input! Loving my new setup!

Deleted
    Good job, looks great!

What are your impressions of the case?

Are you not happy I suggested that PSU to go with the case? The metal connections are a little different but I like it.

Isn't there a fan connector somewhere else for the back fan? (On the motherboard) So the wire doesn't go across the board?

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Good job, looks great!

What are your impressions of the case?

Are you not happy I suggested that PSU to go with the case? The metal connections are a little different but I like it.

Isn't there a fan connector somewhere else for the back fan? (On the motherboard) So the wire doesn't go across the board?
    Love the case, though the top gave me some trouble taking off. Yup, really like the PSU and it goes amazing with the case. As for the back fan, the connector it came with was bad so I had to run it to the back.

A lot of people were saying the H100i stock fans are VERY loud, but I've yet to notice them. Maybe when I start OCing it will get loud?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it and I think the metal connectors on that psu are pretty awesome to say the least, only thing with that back fan is maybe routing over the top of the mobo to the back would look better as its a shorter run and you could mostly hide it with the fan itself. Aside from that the rig looks great.
    Personal rig:
    • i5-3570k (4.2ghz) || CM hyper 212 evo || Asrock extreme 4 || Corsair (2 x 4gb 1600mhz) ram
    • Samsung 840 (120gb) || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb
    • Powercolor 7870xt || Silverstone strider 500w ||NZXT source 210

Looking into RAM, does it matter if info says "Compatible with 3rd & 4th Gen Intel" or not?

Pretty much any desktop DDR3 RAM is compatible, but I'd be sure to get 1600Mhz since you're on Haswell now.
    CPU - i9 9900k | CPU Cooler - Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | Motherboard - MSI Z390 Godlike | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 2080 Ti
    RAM - G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | SSD - 2x Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVMe | PSU - EVGA Supernova 750w P2 |Case - Corsair Air 540

Looks great. Nicely done. It sounds like you're very happy with it.

It's really easy to push past the wiring when you're excited about the build. After it wears off, buy a 100 pack of wire/zip ties and spend an hour or so on cable management. It will bring the feeling right back; especially with that case window!