Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You'd swap 100% movement for 0% movement? I think you're on your own with that. Rune of Power is horrible, and Invocation isn't much better.

OT: You know it's bad to be balanced around getting hold of a specific item, right? MWC was bad enough but at least it was readily accessible. UVLS is rather less so.
    somewhat off-topic, but if you can't deal with invocation or rune, it's better to take incanter's ward and never use it. the passive is still more than if you would not use invocation perfectly.

as for UVLS. it's strong, I give you that. but we haven't yet seen the 5.4 trinkets. and this isn't the first time a previous tier trinket was BiS for the next tier. for example. hell, ret paladins used greatness for 3 tiers back in WotLK. and remember how volcano was BiS as well for most of Cata?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    somewhat off-topic, but if you can't deal with invocation or rune, it's better to take incanter's ward and never use it. the passive is still more than if you would not use invocation perfectly.
    Yeah, am just emphasising that the grass really isn't greener. Playing Mage earlier, hitting Evocation was just a magnet for Bad Stuff To Move From™

as for UVLS. it's strong, I give you that. but we haven't yet seen the 5.4 trinkets. and this isn't the first time a previous tier trinket was BiS for the next tier. for example. hell, ret paladins used greatness for 3 tiers back in WotLK. and remember how volcano was BiS as well for most of Cata?
    Yeah, I think it's one thing to ask that DMCs or, hell I used Embrace of the Spider in Wrath for 3 and a half tiers - something easy to obtain is not too bad (although I think it says probably more about spec design than the trinkets themselves). Less cool to be balanced around something like UVLS that drops from a boss no one is going to go back and pug (in its Heroic form in any case).

Deleted
    it would be pretty stupid to be balanced around something like UVLS, it wouldnt make much sense to me, it would make a lot more sense to balance the spec around not needing the UVLS (with the changes i proposed earlier) and then change UVLS as a result.

I'd rather not any changes to the spec to backdoor nerf how good UVLS is for us. None of the "problems" with it still being BiS are real problems. Demo is well competitive even this tier without it.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I'd rather not any changes to the spec to backdoor nerf how good UVLS is for us. None of the "problems" with it still being BiS are real problems. Demo is well competitive even this tier without it.
    Exactly this. The best players get BiS gear. They already have it one part of it, and I see no problem with them continuing to use it.

Deleted
    i dont think any1 want a nerf, the problem is that it is such a HUGE dps increase, and it basically lets you go from viable to very competative dps, now im fine with that, but wouldnt it be better to always be competative dps, rather than viable dps until you get UVLS, if that is the way they'll go, then im all for UVLS being nerfed into oblivion. Now if we could only get something done with this horrendous 10m rng and bloated loottable, so that i can finally get my hands on one, provided they dont change demo.

Deleted
    Tbh I can see UVLS not being BiS for demo even without nerfs. If that 5.4 legendary thing is some kind of enchant with proc or things like trinket procs + set bonuses can shift our damage to burst in meta instead of Wild imps.

Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    Tbh I can see UVLS not being BiS for demo even without nerfs. If that 5.4 legendary thing is some kind of enchant with proc or things like trinket procs + set bonuses can shift our damage to burst in meta instead of Wild imps.
    Those trinkets would have to be beyond insane if they were to replace and outdo the damage that the Wild Imps + 100% Crit Doom vs. normal procs Doom, don't forget that pretty much all the further stat increases we gain will just further increase the damage that the imps themselves deal.

You got to remember the fact that even if the incoming Legendary would be a trinket on-par or better than UVLS, why not use both? And if it is not a trinket, then it would still just be complementary, no need to ditch a beyond insane trinket.

The only thing saddening me is that the 2-set proc doesn't apply to the Wild Imps, but still.
    Also, on the multiple fights where there are several Doom-able targets your dps will be out of reach if you compare with and without UVLS.
    Thazzle, Warlock in <Sanitas> on Frostwhisper-EU, World #3 10man guild.
    Sanitas Guild Website
    Main Armory

Just a quick reminder, UVLS is not about the damage Doom and the Imps do. At all. Its about Fury generation. Until they give us a trinket that can nearly double our Fury generation, we will be using UVLS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Just a quick reminder, UVLS is not about the damage Doom and the Imps do. At all. Its about Fury generation. Until they give us a trinket that can nearly double our Fury generation, we will be using UVLS.
    You can't really say that. Wild Imps do like 30% of our damage in single target, Doom does like 10%. The Wild Imp damage proportion that comes from UVLS is equal to fury generation that comes from UVLS. If half of our Wild Imp damage comes from crit dooms then half of our fury generated by wild imps comes also from there. Well it's not 100% true because of things like using Imp Swarm during DS which makes those imps hit harder etc...

But anyway, I think people are also forgetting that without UVLS our highest stat priority is crit. You could get pretty high crit chance now already. 18000 crit rating is probably achievable, which translates into 30% crit. Then buffed crit+base crit = 10%. Then you also get crit from INT with ~2100 int = 1% crit, so buffed you gain ~11-12% int. Then with 10 stack 549ilvl wush you gain ~9% crit. When you sum those together you get ~60% crit chance with 10 stack wush.
    Last edited by mmoc047901df21; 2013-06-24 at 03:29 PM.

So if they beatdown UVLS to the point where we should vendor it....gem like a boomkin, get a wush, find a way to deal w' that much hit, and pick up a ChanYe on our way to UVLS's funeral?

Yeah its still early in the 5.4 PTR but I'm afraid this is the kind of thing that we will hear nothing about then less than a week before (or 24 hours before) 5.4 goes live it will come out as a "gotcha". If they let us know now we can plan for it for 5.4. Since it will change what people gear for is something they should give plenty of warning about. Last minute "j/k nerfed it to the dirt" is just bad form.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the trink is balanced enough through its RNG factors. Sometimes it will proc when you don't want it, and others it will proc at the best time where you will think the planets have aligned for you. I know if I stay out of combat long enough, I can help the negate some of the RNG factor. However, I don't want to make my entire raid wait while I increase my chances of getting a high parse.