Poll: Could it work and be fun to play?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    No, I wouldn't play it. I switched to WoW from Lineage because I could choose any class and actually be able to DPS if I wanted, level easier, quest etc..
    In fact I think that instead of limiting roles - classes in WoW should have more options than they have now.. Remove pure DPS classes in the first place...

As for "support" class - I don't really see a place for them in WoW.. Would there only be one (let's say Bard).. Would that mean that all groups would need Bard class then? Or would it actually be bad to take him because we'd have 1 less DPS? What the standard 10 man composition be like? 2 tanks, buffer, 2 healers, 5 DPS? Or 3 healers 4 DPS?..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

so ret is what, exactly?
    That´s a good question, one that certainly noone can answer!

For my two cents, I wouldn't play it. I like hybrid classes that offer me the option of playing other roles, but I typically revert to a DPS role. If there was a class that offered no ability to DPS, I'd probably try it, but am pretty sure that I'd never make it past level 20.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    Blood Elf only Spell Breaker class, let's do this!
    Not again, as if it wasn't already bad enough when Paladins were Blood Elf only. It severely ruined the Horde's race balance and image.

I do not DPS at all on my paladin, monk, DK and Druid. I only tank on those guys.

If this new class has a tank spec, I will play that.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

People seem so blind to the obvious, gosh...

OK, you have a class without DPS spec..

HOW DO YOU LEVEL IT, HOW DO YOU DO DAILIES, How do you grind mobs for farming cloth/leather/whatever..

You know, there's a whole world outside of raids, a world where you need to be able to fend for yourself. Tanks/Healers suck for solo questing.
    Signature in progress...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SidheKnight View Post

HOW DO YOU LEVEL IT, HOW DO YOU DO DAILIES, How do you grind mobs for farming cloth/leather/whatever..

You know, there's a whole world outside of raids, a world where you need to be able to fend for yourself. Tanks/Healers suck for solo questing.
    The same way I do on my monk, DK and Druid? In tank spec.

Also, regardless of your "LOLZ i no sumthin u dont" stance, you have apparently not played many MMOs with support roles. They're more than self sufficient outside of groups (with the exception of XI, where no one solo'd anything anyway)
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    put me down for a support class

Quote Originally Posted by SidheKnight View Post

Tanks suck for solo questing? Have you actually tried it?

10+ Year Old Account
    They've already tried making a class that had three different viable tank specs...It was called a Death Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    They've already tried making a class that had three different viable tank specs...It was called a Death Knight.
    Those were good days...

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be very painful to level, I'd end up back on my Rogues pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookofblade View Post
    Support / Buffer is my favorite role in almost any game and would love to have the brought into wow and would try it for sure, however I could see it difficult to make them buff there group mates to a point where its competitive with bringing another raid member without making them mandatory for every raid grp to have one
    I think you mean brought back into wow. We had classes with no real dps spec in vanilla and instead they had a support spec with a minimal amount of dps and honestly that worked just fine. Unfortunately too many people that rolled support didn't actually want to fill that roll and whined that they needed to do competitive dps.

Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    That would be very painful to level, I'd end up back on my Rogues pretty quickly.
    Sorry, but I had pretty much full bis going into MoP and my rogue leveled slower than pretty much any class with a tank spec. Tanks are amazing at leveling now so as long as it isn't a pure healer class, there wouldnt be a problem leveling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiruru View Post
    I doubt that, some tank specs are easier to level than their corresponding DPS specs. Warrior, DK and Monk can all level extremely fast in their tank specs. Not sure about Paladins and Druids. I imagine Bears being really fast too.
    Avengers Shield... aaaaaaaaand they are gone.

Gotta say, I love Prot Warrior leveling now, he can solo almost any instance on his level without really breaking a sweat. If there was a class with like 2 tanking specs and a healing spec, and a tanking spec could pull that off while leveling, then im game.

It would require an overhaul of the entire Tank / DPS / Healer trinity that is found in World of Warcraft, but it could easily work. We're not talking a two week job here though. Every class would have to be nearly overhauled for it to work fully.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by odiasuda View Post
    Completely superfluous. All control and buffs are already done by the trinity. Take away the control and buffs, or at least lessen their power, from everyone and give them to a buffer/controller. That should go over like a fart in church.
    Well that depends on what you consider a buff.

If we're talking about the Big 8, then yeah. But what if we're talking about short-term buffs like Bloodlust? There's only one such buff in the game right now.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Support roles were so potent in older MMOs, that your over all group would do more DPS, healing and have more mitigation/survivability than you would if you brought anything else for that spot. Think about that. It's buffs were so powerful, that Bringing Tank/Healer/DPSx2/Support did more over all DPS than bringing 3 DPS classes. That's a support role.

Like I said, it doesn't really fit into the pace of today's WoW, but support roles are a lot more fulfilling and complex than "lulz i wunna be differnt!"

We had support roles in vanilla. Players hated it. Blizzard changed those specs so they could do more than support.

this works already as a tank pally. never lvl as ret when u have prot available. now that they buffed consecration lvling is super fast and easy as a prot pally.
    i have no desire to go ret, so i just play as prot or heal. faster Q's as well and u can grab all the dps gear u want thanks to loot specilization.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Tanks suck for solo questing? Have you actually tried it?
    if ur that bad at solo questing as a tank id suggest u just play a hunter. its simpler that way. all pallys need to do is avenger shield, HoR, consecration and ShoR. 4 buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Well that depends on what you consider a buff.

If we're talking about the Big 8, then yeah. But what if we're talking about short-term buffs like Bloodlust? There's only one such buff in the game right now.
    There are 3 classes who can lust.

Back in original Everquest there was a support class that couldn't do much past support, the Enchanter.

The problem with it was that you really couldn't do without one or were slumming lacking one.

Point being how do you design a niche without it become mandatory? If it's not mandatory how does it have a niche?
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.