Thread: Alter Time

Alter Time

Does anyone else kill themselves or wipe the raid on certain encounters every now and then with AT? I seemed to have found myself wiping my raid 2 times last night for getting lightning orb on H Jin rokh and then teleporting back into the fluid and killing people. Just curious of other mages stories of AT usage.

always wait till right after you see a lighting orb on somebody else to pop cds and if you do get targeted by somthin just click alter time again instead of waiting for the timer to count down you lose a bit of dps but you will not wipe the raid if your guild says shit bout your dps on jin they are bad cus your dps is almost based on not getting focused lightining

Deleted
    Killed myself once or twice by alter timing on lei shen heroic when he is casting discharged energy - it bugs out and the debuff wont fade so u will eventually die. Usually happens after the first transition so you need to wait a few extra seconds cos he will always cast it for 1 or 2 stacks when hes in the corner after being moved from the middle.

Lol I have done this on Jin'Rok. It was my fault because I thought I clicked it off and got ported back and wiped the raid. As for the person dying on Tortos, how are you dying? Your 1st and 2nd shouldnt line up with a rockfall, and if they are, perhaps you should wait and time it better. I use mine to line up with the first call of tortos so that the first set of shells are combusted and burn down fast. (yes i play fire :x )

Deleted
    Yeah this may happen.... Learn the fight mechanics to avoid it....
    In any case: you can end/shorten the effect any time (within the 6 sec) you want by using AT a second time. This may cause a loss in dps.... but less dps costs less time than wipeing and doing all the encounter again.
    Or if you already moved and must not go back (or anything else bad happens).... right click on the AT Buff (or /cancelaura "Altertime" - if it's spelled like that in the english version) to cancel the entire spell. You won't be reverted to your buffs/place or get the 2p Set bonus buff and AT is on CD but as already said... less dps is better than causing a wipe...

If you pop AT, and then get the orb....hit AT again to cancel it...time lost in your "big" CD's better than blowing the raid up
    Kifimbo,
    US-Garona

I frequently died in Spiritkings@MSV encounter because of Alter Time
    I use "/cancelaura Alter Time" in my blink macro
    just try not to blink if you will survive the incoming damage.

Deleted
    I stopped using it and took Invocation instead

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    I stopped using it and took Invocation instead
    Uh, wut? Looks like the forum name isn't just a name.

If you use AT on 1st boss heroic ToT the ionization will fall off and wipe the raid. Use iceblock + cold snap, thats all you need really.

What I do on Jin is take Cold Snap + the Ice Block glyph for the first two puddles. If cast a couple of seconds early, the glyph makes you immune to the debuff. Alternatively you can sit in the Ice Block.

Edit: Oh you meant the orb, just cancel AT right away when DBM yells at you.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2013-06-20 at 06:03 AM.

Deleted
    I have it sometimes but then on Mageara and Durumu, where I put puddles in the raid when I pop back while running away to dump them :P
    I sort those things when we get more time into an encounter and you learn what and what not to do.

Got more oopsies with Blink tbh, I even managed to blink off Lei Shen's platform >.< Or get over confident and blink out too late ...

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLove View Post
    If you use AT on 1st boss heroic ToT the ionization will fall off and wipe the raid. Use iceblock + cold snap, thats all you need really.
    I used Alter Time by mistake before Ionization and then got scared thinking that's what would happen...then it didnt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

I play Frost and I usually wait till ionization is through. A few seconds before the pot got ready again and there should be now balls flying arround. I also use the Ice Block and cold snap combo to cancel ionization.

Jin Rok a couple times, sucks lolo

Saved my ass on ji'kun a couple of times!

Deleted
    Only one time i screwed my guild with AT. It was our second kill on Windlord Mel'jarak (HoF 4th Boss). Last Phase, Boss at 20%. After Bladestorm my 3min CDs came off. We were near the enrage so i decided to switch it on. 1 sec after i hit AT all i could do was to yell into our TS that we need a big healcd and personal CDs in 5-4-3-2-1-NOW!.
    No one died and shortly later the boss fall into dust.
    All my Raidfellows were asking was: "Did you want to make it harder but with Countdown?". I explained whats happening and i can hear this story until today: The day the mage bombs the raid on Countdown.
    After that i remade my AT-Makro to let it cancel AT by Shift-Click. I used this maybe 2 or 3 times. Nothing big but as said above. Its better to cancel it one time then to bomb the raid.

Cancel aura macro will save your life

wiped the raid on jin'rokh, alter timed into the poison on the grund on horridon, got knocked off by durumu "force will" attack coz I alter timed into it, died from anima font on animus, alter timed into the whip on lei shen p2 and died of course. Pretty cool spell