Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks okay atm. So long as we see more Alliance leaders I'll be a happy bunny. Velen, Genn and Tyrande need to be there in some fashion particularly the two former.

Shyamalan twist: All these sound files were released early in an attempt to dupe us and the real ones are being recorded as we speculate.

i could see tyrande leading a group of night elves through the southfury river entrance. but velen would be pretty random.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Shyamalan twist: All these sound files were released early in an attempt to dupe us and the real ones are being recorded as we speculate.
    I would not be suprised as these aren't really lines for Garrosh to use in a cutscene and I think they will give one.
    Or...there is a boss after Garrosh they are keeping hidden for the final cutscene, or 5.5 is the final patch but I doubt that as its supposed to be a " filler patch" and nothing major.
    So we'll see.
    Last edited by mmoce2df7add8c; 2013-06-20 at 07:36 AM.

Deleted
    Chatting to my boyfriend on gmail about this and he had an interesting series of thoughts:

It all goes back to his childhood..it has to. He was raised on story..glorious stories of an entirely different horde...a Horde of battle and conquest. Blackhand, Doomhammer and Bladefist would have been his heroes. He's probably always felt like an alien in Thrall's Horde and saw it as an abberation rather than a new way forward; thus he started changing it the second Thrall was out of earshot; making it into what the Horde was "supposed" to be.

Garrosh is (or was) quite literally a son of the Old Horde. He gave the people spirit-raising victories after the burning of Orgrimmar; and he saw that as affirmation of his methods, well, he saw the praise he got in return as affirmation of his methods. and eventually he just crossed a moral event-horizon where anything that protected "his" Horde was acceptable. Garrosh may quite literally be the last holdout of the methodologies of the Old Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally think Lor'themar and Jaina's death sounds are for the purposes of gameplay only, like if the raid wipes or if they non-canonically die inside the raid.

Jaina does have a lot of possible 'combat grunts', but at least in the video on the front page of MMO-Champion, their video's last sound file is "VO_54_OR_JAINA_DEATH", so that is definitely a death sound - but like I said, it's probably only used in the event of a raid wipe.

Jaina's cry to Varian sounds interesting, though. I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to clear him out of the way to give Anduin a more prominent role.

I'm also very, very interested in Lor'themar's line, "Oh, my! What has overcome our Dark Lady?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    He wasn't corrupted. He was shown a vision of a false future. A lie.

It's old god using their famous bullshitting powers instead of using their mind controll beams-which is what the "he isn't just corrupted" refers to.

So no, that promise remains intact.
    What if the visions were true and he just didn't understand them? Or if he was just being metaphorical? Having "seen visions of blabla" doesn't neccessarily mean actually having visions.

I love Garroshs little maniac laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    Just remember Horde players.
    You're the filthy traitorous oath-breakers, and Nazgrim is the real hero.
    We've been over this before. No.

Garrosh was appointed temporary Warchief and usurped control. Even though you go to Grommash hold to take the blood oath, you never do; Garrosh throws a fit and sends Nazgrim, and by extension, yourself, off before that can happen.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    I would actually love that

they shouldve done countless voice files so there could potentially be any ending just imagine the amount of forum drama that would cause it would be delicious especially if there was a audio where garrosh wins or if varian is really 2 gnomes standing on each others shoulders lol

Can't wait for the next build and the rest of the sounds.

This will truly be a great raid.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Can't wait for the next build and the rest of the sounds.

This will truly be a great raid.
    Better then that pile of trash we call Dragon Soul that's for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh: Fool, my dark shaman have twisted and tortured the elements for miles around. They cannot hear you now. Once again, you proved too weak and powerless to do anything.
    Imagine if we shamans can't use our spells in the last phase of Garrosh's fight and have to autoattack...I'm probably going to farm a Two-Hander instead of my spell dagger + shield

Quote Originally Posted by -Nyrin- View Post
    Imagine if we shamans can't use our spells in the last phase of Garrosh's fight and have to autoattack...I'm probably going to farm a Two-Hander instead of my spell dagger + shield
    Ghostcrawlers plan is finally complete to remove shaman from the game?

Bring on the next build this is getting juicy!
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

Deleted
    I bet Garrosh has a foot fetisch with all his "crushing under our boots", "lying beneath our feet" and so on ;p

i think lorthemars "oh my" is a part of this "what happened to our dark lady?"... maybe she says something smart or makes something "good" like saving varian/a alliance soldier

Deleted
    Well, to everyone saying Garrosh isn't corrupted... we finally have confirmation from the sound files. He is corrupted just like Deathwing was. Influenced by voices and images brought on by an Old God. Case closed.

Would anyone be kind enough to provide a general summary of the lore revealed in the soundfiles for those of us at work?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Nyrin- View Post
    yeah... thats kind of a derp things for blizzard.. so it explains why Thrall can't summon the elements to his aid and he has to fight hand to hand, but.. player shamans, we can still use the elements and summon them to our aid?

Its like magneto yelling 'haha, You cannot attack me wolverine, I have control of all metal things around me, metal bends to my will!', and then colossus comes up and bitch slaps him.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Well, to everyone saying Garrosh isn't corrupted... we finally have confirmation from the sound files. He is corrupted just like Deathwing was. Influenced by voices and images brought on by an Old God. Case closed.
    Because blizzard confirming he isn't was not enough... sigh
    he ISN"T CORRUPTED BLOODY HELL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    Because blizzard confirming he isn't was not enough... sigh
    he ISN"T CORRUPTED BLOODY HELL
    Oh, so Garrosh mentioning voices (Old God!!) talking to him and showing visions of fear, doubt, anger and hatred isn't corruption? It's the same corruption that caused Deathwing to betray his own kind. Or do you honestly think Deathwing wasn't corrupted either?