Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jartim00 View Post
    rofl ridiculous with my dk when i do dungeons and raids in dps gear i usually pull up to 100-110k dps single target, if riposte applies to this too, tank dps is going to be ridiculous
    I´m always confused when people measure new abilities with their performance in 5 man dungeons...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

The only thing that bothers me is that it's useless while offtanking. This and Revenge, that's two core ability that wouldn't work while offtanking.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    The only thing that bothers me is that it's useless while offtanking. This and Revenge, that's two core ability that wouldn't work while offtanking.
    You still can intervene and hope to parry/dodge that hit^^ Considering one rarely has to tank for longer than 30-40 seconds, it may be sufficient to maintain Riposte.
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.

Deleted
    Well you cannot parry/dodge a cast.

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Well you cannot parry/dodge a cast.
    this, adding a caveat that spell reflecting procs riposte should fix that though

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously? There is literally no boss in game, which is ought to be tanked and does not hit you at least once every 20 seconds to maintain riposte. I think the demand for spellreflect triggering riposte is... unnecessairy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Seriously? There is literally no boss in game, which is ought to be tanked and does not hit you at least once every 20 seconds to maintain riposte. I think the demand for spellreflect triggering riposte is... unnecessairy.
    Lei Shi wants a word with you.... :P

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just talked to Lei Shi. She said she´ll hit me once very 20 seconds if I fix that dripping water-tap. Also, just burn 20% in 20 seconds and get hit by the elementals :P

Deleted
    I'm not talking about actually tanking. I'm talking about Intervening a spellcast not gaining the proc.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Currently the best choice for most fights is to pick safeguard. Thats why I usually use my Intervene"Safegaurd anyway on the tank, thus, intercepting a physical blow. With 5.4 that may change if they keep the vigilance changes, but that doesn´t hinder me from intervening the other tank while he is tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    I wonder if it scales from % or rating. Hopefully %, but I wouldn't be surprised to see rating either.
    According to those in the Death Knight thread on this same topic it looks to be Parry and Dodge RATING, not percent.

The only part I don't like is this buff only applies while tanking or shortly there after. Tank swaps to maintain vengeance are already a hassle and this just forces us to want to do it even more. "Hey other tank, I need to taunt every 20s or I lose a lot of crit. Sorry, bro."

I don't want to sound like I don't like the change but it still seems like a band-aid.

We just need even better scaling from crit so we deal with the same issue paladins do: should I go heavy mastery or heavy haste (crit, in our case)? It lets us use crit/mastery gear, which consequently, we want to use for our DPS sets the same way Prot Paladins and Ret Paladins love them some haste.

God, I sound like a negative Nancy. Oh well, opinions be opinions.

Xpariah
    , Protection Warrior
    Xdh, Vengeance Demon Hunter
    Reckoning, Usually Recruiting
    YouTube & Twitch, Warrior & DH Tank PoV

I wonder if we will see a point where stacking dodge + parry and using shield barrier becomes the norm. Does shield barrier still scale better than shield block after the 10% nerph?

If their intention is to fill the dps gap between plate and agility tanks, then this should be a passive. With the 20s duration it is going to be up like a near passive buff while tanking anyway, I don't see the reason why the crit buff shouldn't be up while offtanking as well. It's not like brewmasters loose more than vengeance dps when off tanking either (well Swift Reflexes maybe), and many guardians switch to cat when not tanking.
    Last edited by Calamari; 2013-06-20 at 05:23 PM.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Deleted
    Well, I may have catch the crit fever, but I see this as nice plus of whatever avoidance I have more than a reason to stack dodge/parry. I don't see a def reason to stack avoidance after mastery + 2pc. Melee damage is already a caress at that point (if it's not, melee hits will liquify DKs). You can argue that at some point you are going to lose Sblock, but gearing for having a % (not an assurance) of being better protected for a few seconds out of many.... Ñe. For offense, getting 1/3 of crit for each 1 of avoidance (if it goes on %), or 0.5 if it goes for rating, it's well, okish. Putting 1+1 may be enough to make interesting.

If it's on % instead of rating, I'm still going for mast>crit, putting Sblock on CD and spending all the rage overflow on shields (which should be noticeable: enrage from dev and SSlam doesn't have an ICD @PTR). If it's on rating 1) we are still way behind other classes DPS wise, 2) at least it could be interesting going for avoidance after mastery.

I still think that the only way to compete is going to be softcap mastery and go full retard on crit. Very solid damage smooth, and damage will near that of the God blessed tank classes.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2013-06-20 at 05:37 PM.

This is why I hate Blizzard. They make this great ability but slap an idiotic restriction on it.
    So what, we're not allowed to benefit from this when we're tanking casters, during burn/stun phases or off tanking? I don't see any other tank class (besides death knights) losing all of their offensive stats during these circumstances.

Am I really supposed to have to create an aura for Riposte and intervene the other tank when it's close to expiring? Intervene isn't exactly failsafe either, what if I block or take an unmitigated hit, am I supposed to taunt the boss then just so I can refresh the buff?

Either make it passive or shove it up your fucking asses.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    This is why I hate Blizzard. They make this great ability but slap an idiotic restriction on it.
    So what, we're not allowed to benefit from this when we're tanking casters, during burn/stun phases or off tanking? I don't see any other tank class (besides death knights) losing all of their offensive stats during these circumstances.

Am I really supposed to have to create an aura for Riposte and intervene the other tank when it's close to expiring? Intervene isn't exactly failsafe either, what if I block or take an unmitigated hit, am I supposed to taunt the boss then just so I can refresh the buff?

Either make it passive or shove it up your fucking asses.
    It's not intended that tanks do more dps than dps specs, that's why vengeance was capped. You get riposte 99% of the time when you're tanking, why do you need it when you aren't tanking?

Quote Originally Posted by Eranthe View Post
    It's not intended that tanks do more dps than dps specs, that's why vengeance was capped. You get riposte 99% of the time when you're tanking, why do you need it when you aren't tanking?
    There is a reason why only warriors and death knights were given this ability. Why don't you think about it for a couple of days and come back when you have figured it out.

Armory

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    There is a reason why only warriors and death knights were given this ability. Why don't you think about it for a couple of days and come back when you have figured it out.
    You are unfriendly, narrow-minded and whiny. You do not contribute to this thread to any extent. Check your vocabulary, try appreciating, that blizzard tries to push us without any loss and then come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    You are unfriendly, narrow-minded and whiny. You do not contribute to this thread to any extent. Check your vocabulary, try appreciating, that blizzard tries to push us without any loss and then come back.
    Go fuck yourself, how's that for unfriendly? I find flaws in things so that they can be improved. How's that not contributing? Jackass

Armory