Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Heroic Iron Qon 2 or 3 healers? (10m)

Looking at giving Heroic Iron Qon (10 man) a try tonight. Watching vids and reading sounds like there's a fair bit of damage getting dished out. What's the general view on this one, is 2 or 3 healers recommended?

doable with either. we killed this for the first time 2 nights ago, we 2 healed it with a resto druid (myself) and a disc priest. however i will say we are both extremely skilled healers, and the final phase was roughhh even for us. we had off healing in the form of two shamans ag and a disc priest with symbiosis tranq and ve, which were all necessary imo. so, if you have strong healers i would say 2 heal it, otherwise just be safe and go with 3.

for our first kill we 3 healed it. now with better gear and know how we 2 heal and single tank it with a resto druid (me) and a holy pally. We also have 2 balance druids who can pop tranq for the 4th phase when we need it.

for your first kill and progression i would definitely suggest 3 healing.

Credit goes to Pangcakes for the amazing signature!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...orgio/advanced

thanks, we'll give 3 a shot

3 is best for the first kills, the dps requirement is pretty low for the fight

Just two heal it, no part of the fight warrants 3

We did it also with 1 tank and 2 healers. Thank god we have enough palas

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    We did it also with 1 tank and 2 healers. Thank god we have enough palas
    just fix the palas....we have none I recommend 3 healers for the first kill as the damage in P4 (fist smashes + cyclone) is quite high.

Deleted
    We tried two healing tonight, but it seemed to get realy rough for them. But then again we do have 2 warrior tanks and no pala/monk tank

if you 2 heal it, you will get about 4-6 fist smashs in the last phase. that's the only thing that really matters. if you have a good amount of CDs for that - disc priest barrier, rogue smoke bomb, tranq, spriest healing CD, shaman healing CD etc I would definitely go with 2 healers. If you have no hybrid dps and as such no non-healer CDs, it's not worth risking it. As said above, the dps requirement is low.

Just make sure that before the wind storm thing happens, everyone is healed up. using raid healing CDs (the timer is exact) helps a lot, they will be up before the last phase anyway.

2 heals 1 paladin tank if you're able to.

3heal it, much, much easier

I wouldn't do 2 healers unless you severly overgear it or have a very large number of hybrids that can help out on the smashes. One tank is, on the other hand, something I would definitely recommend as long as you have some form of paladin in the raid. I'm able to solo tank it fine as warrior with just one ret pally in group and there is in my opinion no real reason to use 2 tanks if you can avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Definition View Post
    Just two heal it, no part of the fight warrants 3
    First phase and last phase warrant 3 for progression.

If you 2 heal it, it's VERY important to not spread the electricity debuff to too much people and get rid off it before stacking up in the last phase.

Deleted
    In the final phase just ensure that either the raid leader or someone that can call stuff out can see who has the lightning debuff, then just slowly start to stack people who don't have the debuff in the centre, easier to heal than having everyone wait outside the hug point until no one has the debuff anymore.

If you have a warlock and are using the gateways to help with the wind phase, you may need to move the portal on the 3rd dog (low dps requirement for the 3rd one) to make sure that melee or the tank doesn't accidentally click the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplexity View Post
    3 heal it, no DPS check in the fight warrants 2 healers.
    Correct. Safety and ensuring a one shot > Your parses

3 healers and 2 tanks is the easiest in 10m. If you manage to kill the second dog with 2 tanks and three healers dps is more than fine and you could try it with two. but if you 2 heal it try to ahve Sp and shaman in your group if you have a melee shaman in you raid you can easily two heal the fight cause they are extremly overpowered on this fight, especially last phase

Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    3 healers and 2 tanks is the easiest in 10m. If you manage to kill the second dog with 2 tanks and three healers dps is more than fine and you could try it with two. but if you 2 heal it try to ahve Sp and shaman in your group if you have a melee shaman in you raid you can easily two heal the fight cause they are extremly overpowered on this fight, especially last phase
    boo.
    1 tank 3 heal (as long as you have a paladin)