Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    One pally tank, discipline priest, resto shaman, resto druid (normally a bear - his dps sucks as a cat). One wind storm. Symbiosis on the mage (iceblock x2, rogue for a stack group). Shadow's VE, ele tide.

1 tank, 2 heal. Only 1 windstorm and all 3 dogs dead before the first fist smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    1 tank, 2 heal. Only 1 windstorm and all 3 dogs dead before the first fist smash.
    we did that on our first kill with 1 tank 3 heal and 1 dps dead since the first windstorm

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    we did that on our first kill with 1 tank 3 heal and 1 dps dead since the first windstorm
    Think we had a shitty cleave comp (enhance shammy being our top DPS) and a fairly low geared lock.

Is the timer on the first fist smash a set time or is it triggered after a certain number of dogs are dead?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Definition View Post
    Just two heal it, no part of the fight warrants 3
    While it may not warrant, why if the dps requirement is so low would you bother not to 3heal. It's just dumb not to while progressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    First phase and last phase warrant 3 for progression.
    They require decent cool down management, more then 3 healers. But I do agree 3 heal it for progression.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Is the timer on the first fist smash a set time or is it triggered after a certain number of dogs are dead?
    Set time.

/10

we didn't start 2 healing this till we had it on major farm like 3 weeks after we were 13/13hm and even then it was only cause our 3rd healer didn't come with us horde and were still recruiting a new one. With that said though with upgrades its not really that hard to 2 heal if your healers are good. and p1 is so fucking fast with 2 healers. and the dog phase lol we have all 3 dogs dead before he does a stomp now....

Deleted
    We have 1 tanked and 2 healed it since the first kill.

Don't even need a Paladin to remove stacks, as they can easily survive 8 stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    We did it also with 1 tank and 2 healers. Thank god we have enough palas
    if you solo tank it you really only need 2 HoPs in the fight. one before first windstorm, and second right before frost dog goes to 25%. hell sometimes he forgets to apply the 3rd impale while fire dog is up so you sometimes dont need the one before windstorm.

on our first kill we 1 tanked/3healed. and the 3rd healer died before P4 even started and we managed just fine(we do have a good comp for CDs though)

if you have a pally/monk tank you should be able to 2 heal even on progression, i know i do around 50-60k HPS(monk tank) in the first and last phases(the ones that matter)
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Deleted
    Chances are if you haven't killed Iron Qon heroic yet, you're not the type of guild who should be trying to 2-heal it on a first kill. Especially if your ranged dps are a little slow with freeing people from lightning storms.

1 tank 3 healers is normal for a first kill. No reason bring a 2nd tank as long as you have a paladin of any spec in the raid.

Deleted
    3 heal it. no doubt. dont listen to the elitist. No way you gotta 2 heal this with the average normal/hc raiding guild with average player skill and average gear.

2 healing on progress at this boss is just harsh and plain out stupid and would require every single member to play at perfection

go 3 healers to be safe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    doable with either. we killed this for the first time 2 nights ago, we 2 healed it with a resto druid (myself) and a disc priest. however i will say we are both extremely skilled healers, and the final phase was roughhh even for us. we had off healing in the form of two shamans ag and a disc priest with symbiosis tranq and ve, which were all necessary imo. so, if you have strong healers i would say 2 heal it, otherwise just be safe and go with 3.
    I doubt you're that skilled if you only 2 nights ago killed qon hc.. so logs with ranks, please

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushroomkin View Post
    I doubt you're that skilled if you only 2 nights ago killed qon hc.. so logs with ranks, please
    Cause a healer with a rank on World of Logs means that they're incredibly good...

OT: 3 healers is the way to go for progression unless you're all 540+ Ilvl.

We have always 1 Tank/2 Healed this, on our like first 2 kills our elemental shaman went enhance and was dropping healing raids to help with 1st/4th Phase, these days he doesn't even bother.

On our first kill i was dropping my stacks a lot with my BoP/Bubble and Bop from holy paladin, could basically clear it every 3-4 stacks and that also made it kinda lols on tank damage, of course these days i clear before storm and maybe once later during 4th.

we have done both 1 tank 2 heals and 1 tank 3 heals.. 2 heals gets rly stressful but doable for sure.. 3 heals is safer imo.

Plenty of guilds have players that in normal guilds that still rank every week. I'm an absolute slacker and rank a couple fights most weeks. It's only interesting if you hit top 50 ranks, really.

Ranking is not prestigious if you're a good player, it's something you should have in the back in your mind to aim for behind making the kill as smooth as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Plenty of guilds have players that in normal guilds that still rank every week. I'm an absolute slacker and rank a couple fights most weeks. It's only interesting if you hit top 50 ranks, really.

Ranking is not prestigious if you're a good player, it's something you should have in the back in your mind to aim for behind making the kill as smooth as possible.
    But with logs included its possible to actually see if he's good or just padding..

---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 11:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duckgirl View Post
    Cause a healer with a rank on World of Logs means that they're incredibly good...

OT: 3 healers is the way to go for progression unless you're all 540+ Ilvl.
    Its a part of the meassurement, spell useage, CDs, buffs/debuffs gained, damage taken, etc..

And with 530+ 2healers would be fine, even for progression..

Deleted
    And with 530+ 2healers would be fine, even for progression..
    "Fine" does not equal easy or usefull for best progression. Just go with 3 healers if you have acess to it. I mean... why would you not? It's not like there is any dps check.