Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ra-den as a fire mage?

Calling all pros: my guild is getting close to ra-den time - my issue is that I've seen everywhere that you pretty much have to go arcane for that fight, I don't have too much gear for the spec though and with fire I have almost complete BIS - is it really necessary to go arcane for this? Or can fire manage this fight as well? Thanks!

Entirely depends on whether or not you're anticipating running into problems with add damage. If you're low on add damage, arcane does really well. I was frost for our first kill, so I'd imagine that fire isn't too terrible.

Well the only thing that matters is burst dps on the red orbs which is why people are going arcane. I did it as well but don't think it was necessary and will be doing the fight in fire this reset. Really depends on your comp and if you can kill them reliably with you in fire or not :P

For progress, you really should just go arcane.

Gear setup doesn't matter too much (just reforge and regem into haste/mastery), you just need to be able to put as much damage out as you can on those balls.

May as well help as much as you can rather than rely on the other classes to bail you out right?

Deleted
    For progression (or at least if you wanna kill it first week, it's a really simple fight, as easy as jikun or the first one of ToT) you should go as arcane and reforge to either haste or mastery (if you have lot of gold also change your gems obviously). As arcane you will do a lot more damage on balls (x2 or x3 times what you can accomplish as fire), so you will reduce the number of wipes because not killing balls on time.

Seriously, if you kill leishen, ra-den is quite straightforward, just be sure everyone knows the fight before start.
    Last edited by mmocb78ce50268; 2013-06-20 at 04:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    For progression (or at least if you wanna kill it first week, it's a really simple fight, as easy as jikun or the first one of ToT) you should go as arcane and reforge to either haste or mastery (if you have lot of gold also change your gems obviously). As arcane you will do a lot more damage on balls (x2 or x3 times what you can accomplish as fire), so you will reduce the number of wipes because not killing balls on time.

Seriously, if you kill leishen, ra-den is quite straightforward, just be sure everyone knows the fight after start.
    seriously you should make sure everyone knows the fight before the start, how will it help if they know it after start as you stated

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    seriously you should make sure everyone knows the fight before the start, how will it help if they know it after start as you stated
    typo, I wanted to write before start obviously

Everyone told me to go arcane for the fight, but I didn't feel like swapping gems. Only thing that you have to do is sit on a pyro when it comes out. If you are playing a fire mage correctly then you probably already have this. Red orb comes out if you have pyro/hu then you can apply lb then scorch/pyro it and be fine. I recommend using scorch because its quicker and if you proc a second pyro you can throw that at it too. If not just throw pyro at it and it will do enough damage. The fight isn't crazy hard and only thing that matters is killing the red orb in time. I also love fire on it because combustion lines up with the 4th orb that most guilds skip for the add so you just just combustion ra-den and then spread it to add. I do agree arcane is the better spec for the fight, but you can still do it as fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyreth View Post
    The fight isn't crazy hard and only thing that matters is killing the red orb in time.
    Exactly, as arcane you should have 2 missiles plus 4 arcane charges when orbs spawn. You will do at least twice as damage than fire spec (if you play both specs with similar skill). So you have one spec with more damage on orbs and another with less... like I said before, for the first kill arcane is better (I do it as arcane with crit gems, no big deal). I'd prefer to kill the boss and loot it than go as fire and wipe because orbs don't get kill on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyreth View Post
    Everyone told me to go arcane for the fight, but I didn't feel like swapping gems. Only thing that you have to do is sit on a pyro when it comes out. If you are playing a fire mage correctly then you probably already have this. Red orb comes out if you have pyro/hu then you can apply lb then scorch/pyro it and be fine. I recommend using scorch because its quicker and if you proc a second pyro you can throw that at it too. If not just throw pyro at it and it will do enough damage. The fight isn't crazy hard and only thing that matters is killing the red orb in time. I also love fire on it because combustion lines up with the 4th orb that most guilds skip for the add so you just just combustion ra-den and then spread it to add. I do agree arcane is the better spec for the fight, but you can still do it as fire.
    Pretty much what he said

was fire for our first kill, and all of our kills after. We have an arcane mage, and our add damage isnt really too much different if I'm playing well.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/fsl9j...e=4378#Fiigdan -- not our first kill, but I did particularly well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiigdan View Post
    Pretty much what he said

was fire for our first kill, and all of our kills after. We have an arcane mage, and our add damage isnt really too much different if I'm playing well.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/fsl9j...e=4378#Fiigdan -- not our first kill, but I did particularly well.
    25m != 10m, in 25m your personal dps does not matter as much as in 10m does. If you are doing similar dps on orbs than an arcane mage, he is doing it wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    25m != 10m, in 25m your personal dps does not matter as much as in 10m does. If you are doing similar dps on orbs than an arcane mage, he is doing it wrong.

Indeed, in 10 man if you run with 1-2 meele you will see wipes to orbs not dying trust me. And arcane has so much better burst for those orbs that if you don't top orb dmg you are doing something wrong.

it entirely depends on your setup, if you are mainly range dps then you might be able to get away with being fire. our first attempts on him i was fire and was middle in damage done to the anima orbs. switched to arcane and topped every time

killing those essences of anima is the number 1 priority, once you get passed that phase the rest of the fight is practically faceroll (first time we got passed phase 1, he died, thats how easy it is :P )

15+ Year Old Account
    what can't you zerg in 10man?

Arcane is just so much better for orbs (the only mechanic that can really wipe you), but if you wanna try fire, 1st of all spec tempest, then you need to save up ur HU + Pyro for every orb (which is quite problematic due to fire gameplay i.e u will have to simply stop dps for 1-2 seconds or u'll just never get that lucky crit when needed but I guess that prolly doesn't matter to much at current gear levels everyone has). Also make sure u got a '/target essence of anima' macro, because this one helps alot to make sure u dont waste those precious seconds. And ye, make sure you shout at ur warlocks to put COE on an orb, lol, coz thats what can make it or break it sometimes.

No reason to be fire for first kill/progression. AT ALL. NO REASON. NONE. The dps check is an absolute joke the only thing that matters is killing orbs during p1. If you can do that you win assuming your tanks/healers don't have the downs. We 2 healed with 3 melee and had no problems with orbs once we'd decided upon how to do it. Any comp can probably do this the thing is people just need to swap onto the orbs with today's ilvl boss dps is a non issue if you got to this point.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2013-06-22 at 01:35 PM.

Outgear it anyway now, go as frost if you want.

15+ Year Old Account
    Same as everything. Play what you want. You're not forced to play shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    Outgear it anyway now, go as frost if you want.
    Even at current gear levels that's a bad idea, just ask kuni

as long as you kill the red orb before it hits raden you can go any spec you want, for progression i would recommend arcane though
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!