Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question Hunters "Off hand"

why cant Bliz offer something to Hunters to equip in their off hand?... like a quiver or something?

Useless stat stick is useless.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because...bows...need two hands to use?
    We used to have a melee weapon for "stat sticks", but all classes had the "off slot" stat sticks - like totems, thrown weapons, relics - removed/equalized and I don't really regret it.
    There are some problems with giving 1H+OH to hunters, we are the only class that uses Ranged weapons already, there's no reason for having even more weapons for one class only.
    Even often mentioned but still unexistant Dual Pistols would be better than offhand.
    Old Gods made me do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    man up , grow extra pair of arms and dualwield fckin bows

i remember having a pole arm, and yeah it was just for stats,
    i just hate having what looks like.. and empty slot

aahhh melee hunters.. good times.. nothing like low level bgs back then with all the noob hunters running aimed shot specs and me pwning them melee as a hunter.

had 3 skills, one was from survival, i think it was deterrance but it would root the target instead of the current one, the other one was similar to hamstring and the last one was similar to overpower (at least the icon was ...

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    the last one was similar to overpower (at least the icon was ...

Raptor strike I do believe but I never played a hunter so don't quote me on it.

aahhh melee hunters.. good times.. nothing like low level bgs back then with all the noob hunters running aimed shot specs and me pwning them melee as a hunter.

had 3 skills, one was from survival, i think it was deterrance but it would root the target instead of the current one, the other one was similar to hamstring and the last one was similar to overpower (at least the icon was ...
    Wingclip, Raptor Strike, Mongoose Bite(?, something Mongoose at least) and Counterattack(the 5 sec root)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Useless stat stick is useless.
    i always get a chuckle about this, blizzard removes "stat sticks" from hunters... but they put in the monk class in the exact same expac, who only have 1 ability which sometimes uses a weapon - but can be glyphed to just use fists
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wingclip, Raptor Strike, Mongoose Bite(?, something Mongoose at least) and Counterattack(the 5 sec root)
    Yes.

Wing clip was the slow, Raptor Strike just did damage, I can't remember for the life of me what mongoose bite did but it had the red axe icon and I think you had to dodge an attack before you could use it, and counterattack was a survival only talent that activated upon parrying an attack that was the same as overpower (a hit that could not be dodged, blocked, or parried.)

Now it was either improved counterattack or improved wing clip that did the root. i think it was wing clip, actually. Those were also Survival talents.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

+10, i want my melee hunter back

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    man up , grow extra pair of arms and dualwield fckin bows
    Or, you know, man up and learn how to dual wield your dual wield.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    i always get a chuckle about this, blizzard removes "stat sticks" from hunters... but they put in the monk class in the exact same expac, who only have 1 ability which sometimes uses a weapon - but can be glyphed to just use fists
    They all still use weapon damage afaik, they're only not used in animations... Stat sticks would just add a bit of stam/agi/stat1/stat2
    Last edited by mmocef366ff7e8; 2013-06-18 at 02:52 PM. Reason: another reply

Monks do scale based on their weapons a lot, also Fist fighting fits Monks more than Hunters magically throwing Arrows out of their hands.

Deleted
    GC said something in a Q6A about hunters geting their quivers back somehow

All their attacks use the weapon, just because it doesn't use the animation of swinging it -_-
    With your argument, ALL weapons are just stat sticks, some just have animations.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Monks do scale based on their weapons a lot, also Fist fighting fits Monks more than Hunters magically throwing Arrows out of their hands.
    i remember running out of arrows in a LK raid.. /noob

lol

"Useless stat stick is useless" Wait now... following that philosophy, all offset pieces, rings and necklaces are useless stat pieces as well.

did you really trust what he saying?

Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    "Useless stat stick is useless" Wait now... following that philosophy, all offset pieces, rings and necklaces are useless stat pieces as well.
    But rings and necks make sense, powerful jewelry, however going from a cow leather quiver to a lizard hide quiver shouldn't magically give you more power. Also quivers would only be used by 1 class, as a piece that gives small amount of stats.

Reason they removed relics/such from Paladin, DK, Shaman and Druid was that it was something that you got with your first-week of the patch VP/Badge cap and forgot about for the rest of the tier.

I would at least like a glyph to cosmetically equip a polearm or something, I've been feeling naked with it for awhile and I think it would give me a reason to use one of my 342623463634262346 367586597479649835 BoA polearms i've gotten this expansion lol