Wyvern sting change an omen?

Maybe i'm just being paranoid, but 8-40 yard range change on wyvern sting makes me think blizzard is contemplating bringing back our dead zone.
    I don't know about the rest of you, but when i can't keep a feral off me at all anymore, dead zone coming back would make me quit all together, it scares me so much right now. :Z i hope i'm wrong in this assumption.

I changed the title to accommodate for the missing "n".

It's not a sign of things to come. It's just that specific ability. It must be too good without use of the dead zone.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

That is an unlikely assumption.

Agh yeah i noticed that too and it made me /facepalm. thanks for fixing it.
    And i just felt with all the hate for hunters in pvp lately, wanting our heads smashed into the ground with nerfs, made me think deadzone could come back.

This is really awful.

Deleted
    Seems odd to nerf it, I thought they buffed weak talents and nerfed the strong ones everyone picks?

Quote Originally Posted by Checkem View Post
    Seems odd to nerf it, I thought they buffed weak talents and nerfed the strong ones everyone picks?
    They buffed the talents in that tier to compete with silencing shot. Since we are losing silencing shot, they only have competition for specific fights.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

wyvern sting min range is ..... a step in the wrong direction. cant be used vs melee.

having a min range on it just mean we will never replace scatter trap.

is like scatter shot having a min range it just dosnt make any sense why a def cd would be limited that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    having a min range on it just mean we will never replace scatter trap.
    I'm pretty sure that's the point

EDIT: Just saw GC's tweet:

Greg Street@Ghostcrawler17 Jun
    @emped We *might* add a glyph that converts Scatter into a long-range interrupt. TBD.
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2013-06-20 at 12:57 PM.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Folks, keep in mind it might just be a hold-over from a previous idea they tried to implement (a stronger Sting or something that didn't immediately break upon damage, maybe?) but forgot to remove, or a data-mining artifact. The world is not ending, the sky has not fallen on our heads yet.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...69310258790400

The minimum range thing is a bug or bad data mining.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...69310258790400

The minimum range thing is a bug or bad data mining.
    it didnt make any sense with a min range. tbh the least they want is a min range on that, prolly reduce the cd and ppl wont have to use scatter trap and wyvern could totally replace it, leaving scatter glyph to take place and traps be there just to slow/pushback/utility

30 sec wyver sting is def much better than scatter trap, since they both share DR with pretty much anything i dont see ppl going wyvern into scatter trap.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could never bring back the dead zone. The ensuing shit storm would be inconceivable.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    They could never bring back the dead zone. The ensuing shit storm would be inconceivable.
    So you say, but we seem to have rolled over and accepted the gutting of our signature 5 min CD in a hotfix.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    So you say, but we seem to have rolled over and accepted the gutting of our signature 5 min CD in a hotfix.
    I was under the impression a lot of people hated that skill and that gutting is just 1 more step to it's likely/hopeful removal.

If that's a hunter signature then it's a horrible one.

Just make a glyph for dire beast to spawn 5 weaker animals.

From a logic standpoint, the dead zone is necessary. There's no possible way that one could effectively use bows and crossbows at point-blank range. Sure you'll hit your target, but it really doesn't make sense. That being said, the re-introduction of the dead zone would be the final straw that caused me to stop playing my hunter altogether.