Poll: Who will be the next Warchief?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Lor'themar; they've really been building him for it throughout the whole of MoP.

I have a feeling they'll take the easy way out and have some sort of "Horde War Council" consisting of all the Horde leaders; every leader/race unanimously (and magically) agreeing that leaving their faction in the hands of a single leader (such as Garrosh) would be a bad decision to repeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    What no option for Varian? My guess is Vol'jin as a vassal of Varian. Seriously, though I hope it is someone not on the list. Rather then just retread a crap decision do something new and different and then stand behind rather then just sticking your finger into the wind and going that way.
    Varian? then... what about the PVP? you know that Blizzard won't let the Horde and Alliance time of peace start cause they need the Horde vs Alliance conflict, maybe a cold war could start

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Gamon remains merely a thief in a bar, who fought back against the people trying to kill him.

He is not suddenly a Paladin, or the Tauren leader, or even someone Baine knows exists.
    That's what is baffling me. He's a nobody. He hasn't had any new lines since vanilla. He's a one-off character that is being utilized in the Nazgrim fight to give people an optional end if they get the meta achievement of keeping him alive.

Gamon will never, ever be in the position where he's a serious candidate for Warchief.

Deleted
    i think Vol'jin will be new leader

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Lor'themar; they've really been building him for it throughout the whole of MoP.

I have a feeling they'll take the easy way out and have some sort of "Horde War Council" consisting of all the Horde leaders; every leader/race unanimously (and magically) agreeing that leaving their faction in the hands of a single leader (such as Garrosh) would be a bad decision to repeat.
    Who will be against it?

We all know that Sylvanas will agree with it, Lorthemar never liked the idea of being "the boss", that's why he still haven't taken the "crown" of quelthalas, Vol'jin and Baine would also agree, cause, at least Vol'jin, don't want to happen the same like last time, that Garrosh ignored everything Vol'jin told him when he became Warchief..., the only one who may not agree is Baine, but in the end, Baine would agree with Vol'jin

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 10:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    That's what is baffling me. He's a nobody. He hasn't had any new lines since vanilla. He's a one-off character that is being utilized in the Nazgrim fight to give people an optional end if they get the meta achievement of keeping him alive.

Gamon will never, ever be in the position where he's a serious candidate for Warchief.
    Who says he will be warchief O.o? BTW is still cool to see Gamon doing something in SoO, BTW it seens that Nazgrim trained Gamon (that explain how he become an lvl 85 -and then 90- elite XD )

Whoever it is is going to die at some point, and we're probably going to have to do it ourselves. So who cares? If it were up to me I'd give the title to Nazgrim, posthumously, so it could be etched into the monument over the tomb he shares with the Horde's ability to take pride in itself. What does a broken, ragtag bunch of rejects and misfits, who are both ex-Nazis and not even worth wiping out, need a unified leader for anyway?
    Last edited by Drilnos; 2013-06-20 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post

I would argue that having a council of equals is far worse then a Warchief. That is how the Alliance did for most of WOW and it worked out poorly both in game and from a player perspective. In game when it is a council of equals then everyone is exspected to have their hand in every decision so everytime someone it left out the players of that race feel like they got the shaft. Look at the Draenei, and how they are always feeling left out and in the cold. With a Warchief, everything is more Horde centric when Thrall did something everyone no matter the race you played felt more included and you had a lot less of the endless bitching and moaning that my leader was not involved and so on and so forth.

Out of game it is a pain because you get "he/she is not my leader" crap that pops up on the boards all the time. Pointless player bickering over how only their race leader speaks for them and it is just a pain.

Doesn't the warchief have to be orc? Because technically the warchief is the leader of the orcs and the horde. Like if Varian died and tyrande took over as queen of SW that would be kind of odd that she rules the humans of SW and the alliance.
    Bane

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    How the heck would Varian be the Warchief? :P

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 06:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ironfists View Post
    Doesn't the warchief have to be orc? Because technically the warchief is the leader of the orcs and the horde. Like if Varian died and tyrande took over as queen of SW that would be kind of odd that she rules the humans of SW and the alliance.
    Not really. The Horde is a collection of a variety of people. The different orc clans are all different examples of such people. There's no one unified Orc nation beyond the territory the Horde as a whole controls.

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Who says he will be warchief O.o? BTW is still cool to see Gamon doing something in SoO, BTW it seens that Nazgrim trained Gamon (that explain how he become an lvl 85 -and then 90- elite XD )
    A few people over the course of this thread.

Varian? then... what about the PVP? you know that Blizzard won't let the Horde and Alliance time of peace start cause they need the Horde vs Alliance conflict, maybe a cold war could start
    Two points:

1) Read past the first four words of my post.

2) How does anyone take that suggestion that Varian would be Warchief seriously? It is a poking fun at all the pathetic way the Horde has been watered down to try and be a mirror of the Alliance so that both factions perfectly mirror each other.

They could appoint a new Orcish leader - Thrall, Saurfang, Eitrigg, etc - and have another of the racial leaders take the title of Warchief.

I'm not sure the rest of the Horde will be so willing to allow the Orcs to control the Horde again.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but remenber that they already explained that Saurfang was not the warchief instead of Garrosh because he was way to old, and that his son would have been the Warchief but sadly he died in the wrathgate battle
    I think we all here know it will be Thrall. Blizz even confirmed (then walked back) that it'd be Thrall.

The whole reason they put Garrosh in, according to Metzen, was to show what happened if you removed Thrall from the Horde.

But let's face it, no one wants Go'el back.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but there can be an orc leader (lets say ... Saurfang) and a new leader of the horde, like Vol'jin (that's a mere example)

I think we all here know it will be Thrall. Blizz even confirmed (then walked back) that it'd be Thrall.

The whole reason they put Garrosh in, according to Metzen, was to show what happened if you removed Thrall from the Horde.
    I tend to agree with this. Thrall has been green Jesus for years, and now that are turning Varian into an equally perfect character so it does make sense to have Thrall back so that the two faction leaders can mirror each other in terms of temperament, decision making, and goals.

10+ Year Old Account

Never say no one.... remenber the poop guy (Yeah that meme, the guy who was grabbing his poop on the bathroom)

I really don't want Thrall back cause i want something different i want a change, in general, i want the new warchief to anyone but an orc cause i'm kind of sick of the Orc vs Human, i want it to look more like Alliance vs Horde

You'd be surprised. There's actually a few still devoutly loyal Thrall fans on these forums.

I can see it now..

Jaina: It's over. Garrosh will wreck this world no longer.
    Varian: Over? No, Jaina. There is still work to be done.
    Varian: Have you forgotten we're with the soul of our very enemy, the Horde?
    Jaina: And what do you propose? We end it here?
    Varian: Exactly. Now is the best opportunity we will ever get.
    Jaina: No. I won't allow it. We are above genocide.
    Varian: So we just let them be?
    Jaina: No. We change it. There is one I know of that will lead this Horde down a noble path from now on.
    Jaina points to Lor'Themar

Don't say that in front of Trassk.

Deleted
    wot aboot Bolvar??? aint he fed up of sitting on a cold chair already?