Poll: Who will be the next Warchief?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Eh, Blizzard's plotlines have always been um... cartoonish I guess. I mean people talk about Arthas becoming the Lich King like it was the high point of all Warcraft lore and yet I found it pretty one dimensional in the game as well. And Garithos and the Blood Elves was a bit of an ass pull as well.

Not that I'm criticising really, Warcraft isn't supposed to be Mass Effect or anything. Simple plots are fine for games where the plot isn't the major focus of the game.
    arthas and illidan really had awesome storylines in wc3. starcrafts story was pretty awesome too. and despite what everyone seems to be saying, i like sc2's story as well.

Yeah, Thrall, Nazgrim and Garrosh are the only orc character to get real development this expansion, so it's likely going to either be a non orc, most likely Vol'jin if this is the case, or Thrall again. They could have made Saurfang Warchief but I would be SHOCKED if the Warchief is NOT someone who has made appearances before 5.4 this expansion.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 10:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    yes, seen that too, its obvious Thralls there because of how Garrosh is gloating about him using his dark shaman to control and subdue the elements for all around. Thats actually a pretty clever twist when you think, and also shows Garrosh feared Thralls power, so much so that he was prepared to fuck around with the elements to keep Thrall thundering in and using his power against him.
    So, Thrall would be full dependent on his own ability to fight.
    Yeah, we just don't' know if Thrall fights him in the boss room or at some previous point in the story. And Garrosh probably wins, unless it was him that made Garrosh drop Gorehowl and run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodeo View Post
    i dont know if its just the mmo format or what but character development is lacking severely. arthas, illidan, kael, etc all had interesting stories. sure, they were bad, but they at least bear questioning what would have become of azeroth had they not done what they did.
    well those characters all were developed from wc3, so they had that to fall back on and give some integrity to the story. It just feels like when they began to depend on wow as the narrative for these characters, it started to dilute the lore around them, and I blame it on the mmo format, as you say, because it removes any direct involvement of these characters from the story in favor of our made up avatars.

And btw, I freaking LOVE your avatar! Goliath! <3
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless whatever you saying, after this mess, the orcs are going to be in a really bad state, with god knows how many of its defenders dead, its city probably left in ruin, several of its generals killed, and having the alliance and rebels bearing down on them.
    The orcs are going to need someone to pull them out of the shitter they will find themselves in. And that won't be a none orc, as all none orc leaders are responsible for there own people.

Vol'jin needs to look out for his darkspear, Baine for the tauren, sylvanas for the forsaken, and lor'themar for the blood elves.

That leaves Thrall, Saurfang or Eitrigg.
    Well Saurfang can become the leader of the Orcs but give the title of leader of the Horde to someone else like Lorthemar

well those characters all were developed from wc3, so they had that to fall back on and give some integrity to the story. It just feels like when they began to depend on wow as the narrative for these characters, it started to dilute the lore around them, and I blame it on the mmo format, as you say, because it removes any direct involvement of these characters from the story in favor of our made up avatars.

And btw, I freaking LOVE your avatar! Goliath! <3
    ill probably catch flak for this, but SWTOR did very well with storytelling in an MMO. certain classes actually felt like what they were because of it. and certain characters were able to develop as a result.

also, thanks

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 11:44 PM ----------

its gonna go down like this. saurfang will get fed up listening to alternative solutions and take up the mantle. he is ridden with guilt because he passed on the opportunity last time and garrosh destroyed the horde. he doesnt want it but he is the best suited for the job.

Honestly surprised Lor'themar got more votes than Thrall. Also, the new warchief will be Thrall's unborn baby, and he will rule from inside Aggra but he will become corrupted and we'll have to go inside her womb to kill it and it will be a 40-man raid.

---------- Post added 2013-06-21 at 04:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brodeo View Post
    ill probably catch flak for this, but SWTOR did very well with storytelling in an MMO. certain classes actually felt like what they were because of it. and certain characters were able to develop as a result.
    I mean, SWTOR's story was awesome. The issues came when you were done with your story.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

10+ Year Old Account
    We will be the new Warchief.

Deleted
    Where is Rexxar !?

An official council would be fine. Sure, they are not the Alliance, but they have just seen what happens when a Warchief acts like a WARchief, unlike Thrall, who was more of a pacifist leader, who often shared his leadership with Cairne and Vol'jin.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2013-06-21 at 11:15 AM.

Eitrigg should be here, he's Tirion Fordrings best friend and Thralls former advisor. Out of all of these it's either Thrall or Vol'jin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    A person defending Orcs as a respectful race, yet calling Blood Elves happy and prettyful. Hmm, either there is too much bias or someone is extremely ignorant in terms of lore.
    someone asking for a Blood Elf Warchief and Calling the Horde too Tribal is calling me ignorant in terms of lore? That's cute, here's the thing, the Horde has always been tribal, just because we have 2edgy4me Elves and 2edgy4me Zombies doesn't mean that's changing any time soon. Wanting the Horde to do a 180 in terms of style and direction makes me think that you're the one that doesn't know lore.

Deleted
    I think it's time to make the Warchief title less of a supreme leader of the Horde and more leader of the Horde armies. So the Warchief would be more of a general than a dictator. Have each race represented in a Horde council, and have Saurfang become the Warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    I think it's time to make the Warchief title less of a supreme leader of the Horde and more leader of the Horde armies. So the Warchief would be more of a general than a dictator. Have each race represented in a Horde council, and have Saurfang become the Warchief.
    That's the political structure of the Alliance, if you like that idea, there's already a faction with it.

I'd shed a single man tear if Vol'jin became warchief. He is exactly what the horde needs, a leader who is spiritual, yet knows when to take arms. He knows honor, he knows right from wrong. He is the opposite of Garrosh in every way. I'd say he'd be a perfect warchief, but my bet is that blizzard won't put him in power, someone else. Who? I have NO idea, there's so many hints at it being Lor'themar, but there were a few for Vol'jin too, and it would be interesting to have a Tauren as warchief, a sort of "spit in the face" at Garrosh after he killed Baines father, only to be succeeded by Baine himself. Very interesting developments to come!

Write-in for Gamon. Serious. A hero we can all support. Single-handedly fighting off the Korkron in Org. Forged by years of battle. Unjustly hunted down for a murder he didn't commit. He began as a low peaceful tauren who found peace among friends in a small tavern. Gave his "2 cents" to everyone for free... he rose through the ranks through trial and battle. He leads the assault against the Kor'kron infestation! His early defiance inspires a revolution.

Gamon is under siege even as we speak, standing off against the Kor'kron next to the Org AH.

Gamon for Warchief.
    Last edited by betsyross; 2013-06-21 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by betsyross View Post
    Write-in for Gamon. Serious. A hero we can all support. Single-handedly fighting off the Korkron in Org. Forged by years of battle. Unjustly hunted down for a murder he didn't commit. He began as a low peaceful tauren who found peace among friends in a small tavern. Gave his "2 cents" to everyone for free... he rose through the ranks through trial and battle. He leads the assault against the Kor'kron infestation! His early defiance inspires a revolution.

Gamon is under siege even as we speak, standing off against the Kor'kron next to the Org AH.

Gamon for Warchief.
    can we get off the stupid gamon craze already? he's a meme spawned from a bad decision to make an NPC in a major city attackable by their own faction for a rogue pickpocket quest, he has little to no place in lore and yet due to fan craze he's magically a canon part of a fight with an ACTUAL lore character (and most likely gets the canon freaking kill too, it's insulting that a good character can get a sendoff by a running joke...)

on topic: thrall will most likely get the position back, but in all honesty I'd rather he get an adviser position instead so he can spend time with his family (if they kill him I will probably give up on trusting blizzard's decision making process) saurfang, eitrigg ....honestly I'd even suggest nazgrel who we haven't seen in ages, all of them are capable fighters and tacticians with some degree of leadership experience. saurfang turned down the title due to mourning his son but given the possibility of his return to the game it may be that he is brought out of his malaise by the fighting, he also has respect from both horde and alliance due to his time as leader of the might of kalimdor. eitrigg although slightly obscure has been adviser to thrall and (although he was ignored by the moron) garrosh so he should have atleast observational experience in how to handle being warchief, he also has ties to tirion fordring who is possibly one of the most influential neutral faction leaders remaining. nazgrel...well he's nazgrel there's not much I can say about him aside from he USED to be an adviser to thrall until BC at which point he was put in charge of the exploration and securing of outland (over all he's the least likely of the three). rexxar I don't see having ANY interest in it, war or not, he's not the kind to sit in a city managing politics and armies.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

razor, one of the great parts about living & evolving story lines are that new characters are born & introduced. Were it up to the Lore fanatics casts would only be limited to the major family houses and characters that were cast on the first day. Gamon is a character, that ascends from obscurity. Canon can go to hell. In the real world, new heroes are forged each day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is Gallywix not on this list? Surely with his wealth he could put on one hell of an election campaign D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I hope to god this poll don't come true. If that out of place troll gets made warchef I am going to alliance. Lor'themar would fit the roll better then a troll. A stealthy shadow hunter has no place as WARcheif.
    Aye mate