Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Soloing Ulduar 10m as enhance

Hello. Is it possible to solo Ulduar 10m normal as enhance shaman? Is it easy? Got 511 ilvl. And no, i have no friends/i'm not going to make group for it.

There is something i want from Yogg-Saron for transmog. Never done full Ulduar, so i have really no clue what to expect after Kologarn. How many bosses i can skip, if any?
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2013-06-20 at 10:32 AM.

Deleted
    I was able to go all except algalon, thorim, and because of that, vezax and yogg were left alive. and this was on 25m so you should be able to clear at least the same amount. I hear algalon is also doable in 10m.

Any way to solo Thorim btw? I need tier piece of him....

You can't unless you're an engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithe View Post
    Any way to solo Thorim btw? I need tier piece of him....
    No, if no one is in Thorim's room he will wipe the raid and you need to do the gauntlet in order to engage Thorim.

You could probably just snag a random or two out of trade to go with you.

Deleted
    There's a video on youtube of an enhance shaman soloing thorim, too lengthy to describe but worth watching. Engineering helps, but personally I have done it with just ghost wolf + sprint. Took a number of attempts to do the strat on the video properly for me personally - don't feel it's worth the effort. just get a friend to help you with that 1 boss and save yourself the stress

Deleted
    Okay, thank you all for answers. No point trying then, i will use something else for transmog.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Okay, thank you all for answers. No point trying then, i will use something else for transmog.
    you really have no one on your server or in your guild who wants to help you do ulduar?

how do you solo the first boss in there on 25 or 10m?

Quote Originally Posted by Nefman View Post
    how do you solo the first boss in there on 25 or 10m?
    In 10 man: he dies before you do if you just stack pyrite on him.
    In 25 man: Get 2-4 demos and 1-3 choppers nearby in his room. Do as much damage to him as possible and run to a new demo with the chopper if it dies. Hate on the game if he suddenly 1 shots all the demos. You'll need to place the demos as fast as possible in the room. A youtube vid might help. Or just kill it on 10 man and then run out to put it on 25man.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

you can Solo full Ulduar as Enh shaman jsut need tactic for bosses like Thorim

in 531 ilevel i was able to solo full Ulduar 25 without problems

Thorim is able to do solo jsut need good tactic and timing, and you DONT need enginering , just good use of Magma totemSpiryt Walk and a bit of abiuse of fight mechanic , but this fight is solable

Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post

Thorim is able to do solo jsut need good tactic and timing, and you DONT need enginering , just good use of Magma totemSpiryt Walk and a bit of abiuse of fight mechanic , but this fight is solable
    What do you do? Drop magma, in the center of the room, just before the adds come down, and then open the gate, and haul ass to Thorim, as fast as you can? Would dropping an earth elemental totem also help? I would have figured that the adds coming down would kill the magma totem, thus killing you, in the gauntlet.

Deleted
    What do you do? Drop magma, in the center of the room, just before the adds come down, and then open the gate, and haul ass to Thorim, as fast as you can? Would dropping an earth elemental totem also help? I would have figured that the adds coming down would kill the magma totem, thus killing you, in the gauntlet.
    It's kinda complex but fairly repeatable. Step-by-step:

Kill the mobs in the room, making sure you're by the lever when the last one dies.
    Pull the lever, GW+sprint to the other end of the passage and pull the golem with UE.
    Run straight back and stop directly in front of Thorim's platform but a few yards away from the wall. (you can use GW glyph if you like to eliminate the chance of being dazed)
    Drop searing and SBT. (these last long enough to aggro the mobs when they respawn)
    Run back into the gauntlet passage once you see the golem chasing you. (if you go any sooner the lightning ball gets you)
    Wait just inside the passage until the totems are killed and the mobs have joined you.
    Kill the golem and the other mobs except the captain. (remove LS to prevent him dieing too)
    Run the gauntlet, dragging the captain with you.
    Stop 1½-2 squares away from Thorim. (any closer and you'll aggro him)
    Kill the captain, and Thorim will start his speech.
    Pop GW+sprint when he says "mountains". (or thereabouts, just do it before Sif starts talking)
    Wait for him to become attackable. (mouseover and look for the sword icon)
    Run off the platform...you should make it off before he starts the lightning ball.

Don't attempt it on 25-man, as he casts the lightning ball sooner than in 10-man. (making it impossible to get off the platform in time)

Yogg 25 can't be soloed either, as the constrictor tentacles have too much hp to be 1-shot by UE. (unless there's another spell that works?)
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2013-06-21 at 11:07 PM.

Deleted
    In ulduar, is it possible to use the same trick to change to 10m from 25m while outside the instance? like in icc

Quote Originally Posted by zandervont View Post
    In ulduar, is it possible to use the same trick to change to 10m from 25m while outside the instance? like in icc
    Yes. I can't be bothered with FL on 25 man on my own so I kill it on 10 man and then proceed to do 25 man for Val'anyr shards.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Deleted
    FL seems quite easy on 25m.
    Bomb the Blue pyrite on beginning, then run around the room and bomb another pyrite when its 4-3 s left. just did leviathan that way, only did about 2-3 boulders to finish it off.

Anyone know if you can do the Achievement "Disarmed" on Kologarn solo?

It's the last one I need in Northrend and everytime I bring a group they fuck it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    Anyone know if you can do the Achievement "Disarmed" on Kologarn solo?

It's the last one I need in Northrend and everytime I bring a group they fuck it up.
    Bring boss to ~35%
    Kill both arms simultaneously, they each take away 15% life from the boss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    Bring boss to ~35%
    Kill both arms simultaneously, they each take away 15% life from the boss
    Remember to glyph Lava Lash you don't want to spread Flame Shock to the arms and accidentally kill them.

So, it's possible to farm Uld 25 for the Mimiron Head mount as a shaman?