Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    And from what we hear in the audio of him in the final encounter and how he regards Thrall, its at its most obvious, as he talks down to Thrall in the same way he talks down to all others, seeing everyone else as weak.

Its remarkable really, Grom, even at his worst, had more guile and noble qualities then Garrosh. And yet Grom was corrupted by demons.
    Garrosh has been corrupted by nothing but lust for power, and yet he comes off far worse then his own dad.

those are not qualities to be proud of. Think about it, Grom did this:

After he drank mannaroths blood a second time, slaughtering dozens of elves after doing so.

Where as Garrosh, who has nothing to owe any of his rage and bloodlust to, has premeditated thoughts of rivers running with blood, standing on a mountain of skulls and ruling the world.

Yes, Garrosh is worse then Grom.
    oh come one, Grom did drink the blood to slay Cenarius the demi god helping those elves. He did drink it cause he got no other choice.

Besides, Grom's character was way smarter developed than Garrosh's, who comes off as brutish and dumb... acting like a big child that is unhappy with his toys. -.-

His Father had the better hairdress too...

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    And from what we hear in the audio of him in the final encounter and how he regards Thrall, its at its most obvious, as he talks down to Thrall in the same way he talks down to all others, seeing everyone else as weak.

Its remarkable really, Grom, even at his worst, had more guile and noble qualities then Garrosh. And yet Grom was corrupted by demons.
    Garrosh has been corrupted by nothing but lust for power, and yet he comes off far worse then his own dad.

those are not qualities to be proud of. Think about it, Grom did this:

After he drank mannaroths blood a second time, slaughtering dozens of elves after doing so.

Where as Garrosh, who has nothing to owe any of his rage and bloodlust to, has premeditated thoughts of rivers running with blood, standing on a mountain of skulls and ruling the world.

Yes, Garrosh is worse then Grom.
    Indeed, but you have to consider that they acted and thought differently because of different lives and situations, even different ages. Both of them had the same lust for power, both of them were warmongering, selfish and able to kill countless enemies in the sole name of glory and with little remorse. But Grom wasn't obsessed like his son about the "no matter what, we'll not be slaves to no one" and most importantly, Grom has never been the Warchief of the Horde, a Horde with a lot of multi-racial alliances that required skills in terms of political leadership that were far beyond Grom and Garrosh aswell; Grom never had the responsibilities that Garrosh had, responsibilities that litteraly crushed Garrosh, while in the same time the power to command the whole of the Horde reacted VERY badly with his selfishness.

So, yes, considering the current situation Garrosh is absolutely worse than Grom, but simply because events and situations shaped him in that way, that Grom never experienced in his entire life, he has always been the chieftain of his clan, shouting war cries and little more; but the Garrosh in WotLK, Heart of War and the Shattering was the absolute carbon-copy of his father, which is a very important hint, since things with Garrosh began to gradually worsen the moment that he took the mantle of the Warchief.

So for me this entire situation is not marking Garrosh like the evil version of Grom or anyway worse than him "by nature", but simply shows what happen to give absolute power to a Hellscream: he will be consumed and corrupted by it, looking for more of it until everything will fall crushed and defeated before him.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-06-24 at 12:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post
    I just wonder how Blizz will explain this CHANGE when I'll ask them 'bout it at this year's Blizzcon. That's some poor story telling right there :P And why wouldhe bother quiting Saurfang if he cannot stand up to these words?
    I have two theories on how this happened.

1) Blizzard never knew what to do with Garrosh, and changed his role depending on his popularity, eventually deciding to kill him off instead.

2) Blizzard had plans to make Garrosh a bad guy all along, but instead caved in to the fans demanding Garrosh to be more likable as he became Warchief, fearing that fans would quit the game if their leader would be an asshole for multiple expansions.

Option 1 would just be bad writing by Blizzard, and that wouldn't surprise me seeing their story in the last few expansions of WoW as well as in Diablo 3.

And if option 2 is the right one, then I think Blizzard pissed off a portion of their fanbase who actually liked Garrosh' honourable side just out of fear everyone would quit the game if he was a bad guy the whole time. They took a gamble by making a character people invested in suddenly a bad guy. It might work in an RTS, with Arthas becoming a bad guy throughout the campaign, but that's a singleplayer game that you play from start to end in just a few days. Arthas went from good guy to bad guy in a matter of days, Garrosh went from good guy to bad guy in MULTIPLE YEARS. That's where Blizzard made the mistake.

It just doesn't work in an MMO, such a story development takes years so it's only natural people either get tired of seeing their leader being an asshole and they decide to quit the game, or Blizzard compromises by showing him have a honourable side just to get people to stay a little while longer. But the result of that is that some people will get to like the character, and now they're taking that away. It's toying with your fanbase and that's not a good thing.

I know Metzen said before MoP launched that he never expected people to actually like Garrosh, but he did go out of his way before the Cataclysm launch and promised us Garrosh would become more likable as a Warchief than he was in WotLK. Why does he contradict himself? First he wants us to like the character and then he doesn't understand how anyone could like him.

But bottom line is, Metzen also said he knows some people like Garrosh and he says we'll all get through this together. Well, I'm skeptical about that statement. I think people who like Garrosh don't get shit. I think it's just another way of saying "Don't go, please stay, we need you!"

Oh, and regarding asking that question at Blizzcon, I honestly don't know how they'll explain it. They can't admit such huge mistakes so they'll have to sweet talk it somehow. I fully expect them to come up with some lie.

---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 12:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Geeza View Post
    Sha has corrupted him, hence why sha of PRIDE (he's proud of his race and what they do (fight a lot:L)) is a boss in 5.4
    That's the only explanation that makes sense to me as well. Corruption.

Either that or it's bad writing.

10+ Year Old Account
    wasnt he corrupted by yshaarj or some sha or something?

It's very simple:

He was chosen for this particular role.

See, Thrall was needed to be SuperShaman in Cataclysm in order to save the world. It was deemed necessary by Metzen. He wanted his alter-ego to be the Superman of WoW, and so it was necessary for someone to take the Warchief position so that the Alliance can love Thrall equally, too.

But, Cataclysm is over now. Thrall needs his seat back, so Garrosh has gone from being a punk in BC to being an aggressive moron in LK to a Meatheaded idiot in Cataclysm to a B-movie villain in Pandaria.

See, Thrall needs to be Warchief again, so Garrosh has to inexplicably go stupid-mad with power so that Thrall can be justified in removing him from power so that the Horde can have their Green Jesus back again.

Honestly, the writing in this game is about 2 steps above Starfox slash fanfiction.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

I"m still waiting for Blizz to explain this transition:

Burning Crusade

Garrosh: Waaaah! My dad dishonored us all
    Thrall: No, he saved us in the end. He's actually a hero
    Garrosh: Really? YAAAAY!!

Wrath of the Lich King

Garrosh: DEATH TO THE ALLIANCE DOGS!!!!!!!

---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 12:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    It's very simple:

He was chosen for this particular role.

See, Thrall was needed to be SuperShaman in Cataclysm in order to save the world. It was deemed necessary by Metzen. He wanted his alter-ego to be the Superman of WoW, and so it was necessary for someone to take the Warchief position so that the Alliance can love Thrall equally, too.

But, Cataclysm is over now. Thrall needs his seat back, so Garrosh has gone from being a punk in BC to being an aggressive moron in LK to a Meatheaded idiot in Cataclysm to a B-movie villain in Pandaria.

See, Thrall needs to be Warchief again, so Garrosh has to inexplicably go stupid-mad with power so that Thrall can be justified in removing him from power so that the Horde can have their Green Jesus back again.

Honestly, the writing in this game is about 2 steps above Starfox slash fanfiction.
    I'm glad somebody understands it. ^_^