Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How could that kill her?

Hello guys, i was talking with my brother about the SoO, but one way or another we ended up talking about Sylvanas..., and there was something that my brother told that is... quite true and now that's bothering me...., How could Sylvanas die with only one shot in the head when she wouldn't die if she jumped from the Icecrown:

(Source)
    Slowly, she crunched her way to the ragged edge of the icy platform. A thousand feet below, shrouded by the clouds, lay a forest of shattered saronite spikes she had scouted out earlier. The fall alone couldn't kill her: her animate flesh was nigh indestructible. But the spikes, the hardened blood of an Old God, they not only would tear the body apart but would obliterate the soul as well.

So how could a shot in the head kill her, if a jump from the top of Icecrown couldn't kill her?!

Here a picture of the icecrown (that's before Arthas became Lich King, so for that time the Citadel didn't exist)

10+ Year Old Account
    Dat Frozen Throne Menu screen mmmm...

OT: Probably playing on the whole "Zombies don't die unless you go for the brain." deal, or "Whoops! We forgot."

People have survived falls of over 50 feet. People have also survived being shot in the head. Neither are mutually exclusive. Coupled with the idea that bullets go faster than a body falling can actually accelerate to, I'd say "don't look at it as a "she got shot in the head with a grey gun" point of view."

Sylvanas is powerful, but she's not supposed to be like Superman.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

She's an elf ranger, of course her agility is awesome.

Most people die from a shot in the head you know, but where does Sylvanas? If this is 5.4 I hate you, go spoiler alert before you do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruud View Post

Most people die from a shot in the head you know, but where does Sylvanas? If this is 5.4 I hate you, go spoiler alert before you do that.
    The Silverpine Forest quest chain.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

10+ Year Old Account

Nope, she die from a shot in the head in cataclysm in one of the undead starting quest, but then she's revived by the Valkyrs

10+ Year Old Account

No it's a spoiler from the revamped Silverpine. Also, I wouldn't recommend visiting MMO-Champion during PTR datamining time if you don't like spoilers...

Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    People have survived falls of over 50 feet.
    Beat the Reaper taught me that the LD50 (50% chance likelihood of death) for defenestration is six stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruud
    Most people die from a shot in the head you know, but where does Sylvanas?

Silverpine Forest questline reworked in Cata

And to answer the OP question, my guess is she'd make sure she didn't land on her head.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I think you look to much into it tbh

the answer is in the quote you gave

"the fall alone couldn't kill her: her animate flesh was nigh indestructible. But the spikes (aka piercing objects, kinda like a bullet), the hardened blood of an Old God, they not only would tear the body apart but would obliterate the soul as well"

15+ Year Old Account
    How could anything happen or not happen in a fantasy setting?

10+ Year Old Account
    People have survived falls of over 50 feet. People have also survived being shot in the head. Neither are mutually exclusive. Coupled with the idea that bullets go faster than a body falling can actually accelerate to, I'd say "don't look at it as a "she got shot in the head with a grey gun" point of view."

Yeah i understand she's not superman, but for a normal person the fall will make him/her end like these:

And Sylvanas say that the fall will NOT kill her (she's not even giving it the change for it to be able to kill her, is just... Nop... that won't do), BTW her body will be faster while falling than the bullet

It's not a case of Sylvanas falling and surviving, but dying to a gunshot. It's the fact that it's almost literally stated that the only thing that can kill her are those Saronite spikes, only later she dies to a gunshot.
    So unless those bullets were Saronite (which is highly unlikely), this is an inconsistency in the established lore.

I'm going to chalk it up to derpconsistency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karaoke View Post

"the fall alone couldn't kill her: her animate flesh was nigh indestructible. But the spikes (aka piercing objects, kinda like a bullet), the hardened blood of an Old God, they not only would tear the body apart but would obliterate the soul as well"
    But the spikes don't kill her because they are piercings, is because they are made with the hardened blood of an Old God, it would not only tear the body apart, but it will obliterate her soul... that's what actually kill her

A shot to the head and a fall from a high vantage are not the same types of death.

A fall from a high point kills you because it causes massive trauma to your organs on the impact. Considering Sylvanas is dead, she has no internal organs to destroy.

The shot from Godfrey, however, was a precise strike to the back of her skull. In essence blowing out her brain entirely. Even the dead can't keep walking about from that type of attack unless they are specially empowered.

10+ Year Old Account
    boom headshot !!! i mean many injuries can be fatal

Almost positive that an arrow to the head would kill a zombie.

Also, think about it. The fall may not KILL her, but it could severely damage her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post

BTW her body will be faster while falling than the bullet
    Um no, there's this thing called terminal velocity. A human body will only reach a maximum of about 125mph. The average handgun bullet speed is around 900mph.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

I'm more interested in how she went from a ghost-like Banshee (that's how Arthas raised her) to a being with a physical body.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karaoke View Post

This 100%, OP learn to read what you quote, that says it all-.-'