Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is anything happening to the Alliance King?

So we are all aware of 5.4 being the seige of Org. and naturally we kill/eliminate Garrosh. I was listening to the sound files from Jaina (Laura Bailey does an amazing job, perfect for Jaina) specifically the Jaina bit, and couldnt help but notice that one of the bits was Jaina yelling out for king Varian - I got the distinct impression that she was yelling out because he was dead/dying?? So the Horde and Alliance lose their leaders? Start Listening at 1:08

Thoughts?
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

10+ Year Old Account
    he lives, jaina dies...
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    SPOILER ALERT

I think he dies and his son takes over. The "You're still alive, good" part can't possibly be directed at the players because its too anticlimactic compared to the previous scene. Bye Varian

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 04:50 PM ----------

Or maybe Jaina and Anduin are hanging off a cliff and Varian chooses to save Anduin and Jaina falls with those words.

10+ Year Old Account
    That moaning..she must have been backed up by Thrall's tadger
    No wonder she cant continue

Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    SPOILER ALERT

I think he dies and his son takes over. The "You're still alive, good" part can't possibly be directed at the players because its too anticlimactic compared to the previous scene. Bye Varian

Or maybe Jaina and Anduin are hanging off a cliff and Varian chooses to save Anduin and Jaina falls with those words.
    If they do that, i will be very mad. You cant kill a mage by letting them fall, doesnt make sense, especially for the most powerful mage in azeroth. I have read sooo many posts on "WHO DA NEW HORDE CHIEF GONNA BE" but never came across one asking about alliance. If King Varian dies, it would be a total blindside. I will settle for neither anduin/jaina/varian dying at all, just keep it to the horde side.

15+ Year Old Account
    SPOILER ALERT

That also serves for his "death"
    I think she'd be a litle bit more dramatic had she confirmed his death.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    SPOILER ALERT

Well surely being a mage she will slowfall:P

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Well surely being a mage she will slowfall:P
    And/or blink when near the bottom.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 04:06 PM ----------

SPOILER ALERT

I understood that 'you're still alive' part to be after she got separated from the raid, but without any reason to assume we died.

I think Varian is good as dead. I'm sure blizzard is going to do an "Eye for an Eye" or in this case a Faction Leader for a Faction Leader. Plus they really built up Anduin and gave him a great storyline he really came into this own this expansion and I think he'll be a great leader.

Deleted
    I don't know if Blizzard is trying to do a dramatic story or something but killing characters left and right is not interesting.

Deleted
    If varian dies that would be total fucking bullshit, finnaly making him super awesome than killing him off and were the fuck is my FUCKING FISTPUMPING MOMENT KILLING OFF VARIAN ISNT GONNA FUCKING HELP THAT for fucks sake once again shitty storytelling Alliance behalf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    If varian dies that would be total fucking bullshit, finnaly making him super awesome than killing him off and were the fuck is my FUCKING FISTPUMPING MOMENT KILLING OFF VARIAN ISNT GONNA FUCKING HELP THAT for fucks sake once again shitty storytelling Alliance behalf.
    Good... Lord....

Anyway, it's a bit early to assume he'll die when it could be as simple as him being temporarily taken out of the fight. Then again SoO is a good opportunity to purge some people from the story to start new in the next expansion.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Well at the end, she said I..Cant go...on.......

I really hope Jaina does not die, she is iconic and THEE only alliance badass that stands for something. She should be our replacement for King Varian if he does indeed meet his demise.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Woah... I hope Varian dies

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    And/or blink when near the bottom.
    Or Ice Block

I doubt Varian dies. They spent way too much time developing him as High King in the scenarios. I wish Anduin would die though. I hate that little boy band reject.

Deleted
    Varian dies= Welcome the Queen Proudmoore.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    I don't know if Blizzard is trying to do a dramatic story or something but killing characters left and right is not interesting.
    What are you talking about? George R R Martin has made a fortune off of that trick, and has a TV show based on his work now which is (sadly) quite popular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    You don't like Game of Thrones I take it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has been killing of main characters left and right since the RTS games. It's a bit late to be upset about it now.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."